Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Not really getting any attention is Walton who sits in the league top 5 of plus/minus with a +10. Not a huge fan of that stat and having the leagues top scorers playing in front of you helps but definitely a big improvement from last year.

And of course don't forget Christoforo gets into a scrum and puts a headlock on a player, 2 minutes for roughing, lol. He is playing much improved hockey from last year. The team as a whole has played much much better so far this year. Long ways to go and a trade deadline that will change the landscape of the league so I will stick with tempered enthusiasm but it sure has been fun so far. Be safe.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
You guys maybe in on Musty? Interested?

I expect Bowler to kick tires and see what the options are. That's his job. However, Windsor doesn't *need* Musty right now. They could use an 05 or 06 stay-at-home D but I don't think giving up significant assets for Musty when they're already dominating up front makes much sense. That said, something something Shane Wright...

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I expect Bowler to kick tires and see what the options are. That's his job. However, Windsor doesn't *need* Musty right now. They could use an 05 or 06 stay-at-home D but I don't think giving up significant assets for Musty when they're already dominating up front makes much sense. That said, something something Shane Wright...
Wright was a mistake..

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
With the absolute wealth of quality young players on this team I think it's totally possible that Bowler moves assets to get a big fish like Musty. Sure an elite defenseman is preferred, but those guys aren't exactly plentiful or cheap. With the Musty situation you have the potential to add another top veteran forward who was made to play Spitfire hockey and can be a difference maker at more of a discount price. I don't think we need a Max Kaminsky trophy winner for the blue line, whatever top pairing guy is available at the deadline from a sellilng team should be good enough to get the job done. The chance to get a guy like that and keep him from the competition is too tasty to ignore I think. Sudbury is over the barrel here.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
What's a realistic price that we should/would pay for Musty?
I have to imagine it goes down a little each day… He’s unwilling to play for the Wolves.

Have to imagine Sudbury wants to move him to the Western Conference.

I understand wanting a trade and requesting a trade, I just wonder what’s so bad in Sudbury, he wouldn’t go for a few weeks until that happens. I guess I’ve got nothing to lose playing low level rec hockey, but I can’t imagine sitting out just because I’m supposed to be on a losing team.

He’s a great player, and maybe it’s all agent/scout/san Jose fueled stuff holding him from going back to Sudbury… but after all the stupid Zito stuff, it makes me think twice about bringing anyone here that’s not willing to play elsewhere, as I fear for underlying issues that may resurface wherever the final destination is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad