Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Ohltg your comments have been very pro BB. Tough to argue that. Your criticisms are almost finger wags at best. If you know as much as you claim to know it should be very clear just how bad BB is.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Ohltg your comments have been very pro BB. Tough to argue that. Your criticisms are almost finger wags at best. If you know as much as you claim to know it should be very clear just how bad BB is.

I'm not "very pro BB" but I'm also not anti BB, either. Again, I've seen and talked about both sides before without hesitation. I know many on here are anti BB, which is fine, but that doesn't mean that if you're not with that group, you're pro BB, either.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I'm not "very pro BB" but I'm also not anti BB, either. Again, I've seen and talked about both sides before without hesitation. I know many on here are anti BB, which is fine, but that doesn't mean that if you're not with that group, you're pro BB, either.
So where do you stand? Sitting on the fence isn't making a stand either.

Reactions: windsor7

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Not really. You can have discussion without "you're either with us or against us" approach.
sure you can and that’s not what people are curious about. If you interject yourself into thier thoughts and conversations, which is fair, they probably want to k own your true thoughts as well, but it’s mostly vanilla ‘that try hard and we’ll be better next year, look at all these great prospects!’

Reactions: Teflon

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well I put myself in the " fence sitter" group on the subject of Bowler.
After talking to Bowler you feel like someone threw a wet dish cloth in your face. Not a pleasant experience.
I give him and Frank credit on some solid drafts. I like what he has done with that part of his portfolio.
What I don't like is how he has handled the coaching staff and how he has treated some of the players in trades. The DeAngelis trade comes to mind.
I do like the trades he has made and he seems to fair well in most deals.

The tipping point for me is how the Walter hire effects the team. If this ends up being a disaster then Bowler needs to be sent packing. I'm very concerned this may not end well for most involved. The players do not deserve another year of a cluster muck! All eyes ( including the owners) need to be watching this very closely. Be safe.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Let's see where they go from here. The previous talk was that Walters was suspended for a disagreement with staff regarding a player having a head injury. I don't recall where I read that, may have even been on here. However, having dealt with head injuries in the past, it's not something I take lightly. IF it's Walters, I'm skeptical but hoping that he's remorseful and has changed. It's very much going to be a "play it by ear" scenario for me. IF it's not Walters, then... all bets are off.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Let's see where they go from here. The previous talk was that Walters was suspended for a disagreement with staff regarding a player having a head injury. I don't recall where I read that, may have even been on here. However, having dealt with head injuries in the past, it's not something I take lightly. IF it's Walters, I'm skeptical but hoping that he's remorseful and has changed. It's very much going to be a "play it by ear" scenario for me. IF it's not Walters, then... all bets are off.
Large "fence"..

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
The injury was just the final straw. Both him and his asst like to …. Enjoy adult beverages on the road, they seem to be the do as i say but not as i do example type. Thats just one more example in a resume that seems to have a few questionable entries.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Both him and his asst like to …. Enjoy adult beverages on the road, they seem to be the do as i say but not as i do example type.

We've seen that "beverage" scenario before. As long as it doesn't affect the on-ice performance, I don't worry about it. However, the "do as I say, not as I do" concept can come back to bite you hard.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
We've seen that "beverage" scenario before. As long as it doesn't affect the on-ice performance, I don't worry about it. However, the "do as I say, not as I do" concept can come back to bite you hard.
Just a blind eye..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad