Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That kid also signed a 3 year entry level deal which included 70,000 per year bonus for signing whether he plays in NHL ,AHL or not.
Guessing because of definitive playing status unknown, probably rooming with others, month to month basis thinking money non issue at this time,yeah it would sting to lose 70,000 minor league money,but if he wants to make more moving forward a step backward, a step that is needed,might just play into things,would hate to see a 3 yr deal the only thing he would get and at age 22 looking for work.

So what's his guaranteed $? If 70K/ year is the bonus as you said
"That kid also signed a 3 year entry level deal which included 70,000 per year bonus for signing whether he plays in NHL ,AHL OR NOT"
"yeah it would sting to lose 70,000 minor league money,but if he wants to make more moving forward a step backward"
I'm just confused? Please clarify.

Does he get 70 k per year?
Or only if in pro league?
Easy choice if 2nd is true, give me 70k n bust your azz to step up n forward.

And he will get paid to play hockey in 3 years if he wants n puts in the time regardless of if he is sent back to Windsor or not, and won't be looking for work. If he chooses not to put in the work to play hockey, you are right But being sent back to the OHL won't be the reason he gets paid yo play a game in the future , it'll be his commitment to doing so. Was always a long shot as an NHLer to begin with. (For the reasons listed above by fans who saw him way more than i)

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Why are you guys talking about Foudy as if he's a 4th liner or something? The dude will be one of the best players in the OHL if he is returned which is sounding increasingly likely. Would easily be over a point per game player, and no, he won't be traded, not sure where that false narrative is coming from.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Why are you guys talking about Foudy as if he's a 4th liner or something? The dude will be one of the best players in the OHL if he is returned which is sounding increasingly likely. Would easily be over a point per game player, and no, he won't be traded, not sure where that false narrative is coming from.

My only guess is a couple posters more familiar with his game as regular attendees at games n posters aren't happy with his OHL game, attitude or something else.....

Oct 3, 2019
I think Maggio or Zito fit the bill for the speed issue just not sure they have the "finish" with the high speed zone entry. Cuylle is not going to fit the speed game but the 2 would work well together on the PP. I'm also in the camp with wait until the TD for the best price but is this a thing or just "wishful" thinking by some? Kid has set up a home and likely pays rent. Not seeing him willingly giving that up to come back to a "nonpaying" league.
It’s very simple, these kids need to play with the right combo. The coaches need to figure this out. As far as finishes zito is a top
Goal producer and maggio is playing amazing. Put these kids in the right situations and watch them produce.

Oct 3, 2019

no chance! He skates in circles! The only thing he has is skating, no hockey iq.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
It’s very simple, these kids need to play with the right combo. The coaches need to figure this out. As far as finishes zito is a top
Goal producer and maggio is playing amazing. Put these kids in the right situations and watch them produce.

So why wasn’t Maggie drafted????

spits

Jul 24, 2013
no chance! He skates in circles! The only thing he has is skating, no hockey iq.

So Colorado drafted him in the 3rd round only because he can skate? I believe you are the one who isn't a big fan of Johnston either. I think Dallas, who feature one of the best scouting staffs and GMs in the NHL, knows better.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

And have a full line up.
Need more than 10 or 11 forwards bowler...

Reactions: 2023

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
My ? Was based on a Spits follower suggesting he would rather Foudy flipped if returned.
Glad Sherwood worked out in Flint. I feel for that franchsise Lots of unexpected hurdles to say the least. Hoping for them to take a step forward into 2nd/3rd rd n see how the community responds!
I was just responding to your comment of Windsor possibly not getting full value if he’s immediately shipped out. It’s happened in the league before and while it may discount the return a little I don’t think it would be too much.

Reactions: aresknights

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I remember frequently thinking “oh s**t” when he would grab the puck and start skating and then just watch the play die on his stick repeatedly until I stopped being overly concerned with him. He is older though and if Windsor can find a winger with wheels and a shot there could be a very scary combo in Spits jerseys.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
In the spirit of fairness another update on Jean Luc Foudy
He scored his 1st goal of the season last night a PP marker early in the 3rd,which wound up the winning goal in a 2-1 victory over Texas.
He had 2 shots on goal for the night,now has 10 on the season.
He was named 1st star.
His line totals are GP-8,G-1,A-0,Pts-1

member 71782

Windsor's needs if they're going to contend

Number 1 D. They don't have a PP QB, they don't have someone who can play 25+ minutes a night that can be trusted to move the puck up ice without sacrificing defensive play in their own zone. Ideally Perrot in OS would be the perfect fit. He would improve Windsor's offensive and defensive game and is capable of running the PP as well as playing on the PK.

Number 2/3 D. Someone who is more focused on the D side of the game wjile not a deytiment to the offense. Someone who can clear the front of the net and also has a good first pass to clear the zone. Once again the preferred player would come from OS. Woolley is probably the top shutdown D in the league. He's big, he's physical and he can clear the zone. While he doesn't produce a ton of offense he doesn't hurt the offensive side of the game either. Like Perrot he can play 25+ minutes a game and help improve all areas of Windsor's game. Is there any update on Woolley's injury? This of course could affect things.

Two OAs that improve Windsor's entire game but would also mean moving on from Henault and Ladd.

A starying goaltender. Medina has struggled and a 17 year old rookie shouldn't be expected to carry the load of a possible contender. While there's a couple of goaltenders likely to be available there's probably as many teams looking so who would be the bedt candidate is a big question mark.

Top line RW. Windsor has a decent forward group with options at LW and C bot not RW for the top line.

If Foudy comes back he's a bonus. If he stays it gives Windsor depth and options. If he's dealt he brings back much needed assets.

With or without him Windsor needs four big pieces.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Number 1 D. They don't have a PP QB, they don't have someone who can play 25+ minutes a night that can be trusted to move the puck up ice without sacrificing defensive play in their own zone. Ideally Perrot in OS would be the perfect fit. He would improve Windsor's offensive and defensive game and is capable of running the PP as well as playing on the PK.

Number 2/3 D. Someone who is more focused on the D side of the game wjile not a deytiment to the offense. Someone who can clear the front of the net and also has a good first pass to clear the zone. Once again the preferred player would come from OS. Woolley is probably the top shutdown D in the league. He's big, he's physical and he can clear the zone. While he doesn't produce a ton of offense he doesn't hurt the offensive side of the game either. Like Perrot he can play 25+ minutes a game and help improve all areas of Windsor's game. Is there any update on Woolley's injury? This of course could affect things.

Two OAs that improve Windsor's entire game but would also mean moving on from Henault and Ladd.

A starying goaltender. Medina has struggled and a 17 year old rookie shouldn't be expected to carry the load of a possible contender. While there's a couple of goaltenders likely to be available there's probably as many teams looking so who would be the bedt candidate is a big question mark.

Top line RW. Windsor has a decent forward group with options at LW and C bot not RW for the top line.

If Foudy comes back he's a bonus. If he stays it gives Windsor depth and options. If he's dealt he brings back much needed assets.

Don't agree with the OA thing, Henault has shown enough upside to keep around. Ladd and D'Amico is another story. Also the move has to be an improvement and that is not always easy to do in the OA market.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

Its funny you mention Woolley and Perrott, I think Guzda would be a bigger need then Woolley. Totally see the need for a 1D and 1G thou. Ladd seems like the odd man out? Henault scored 3 against us a few weeks ago, surprised he'd be on the way out.

Reactions: LDN

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Mostly agree CFaub. I’d take both from the sound if they’d part with them. It would also give us a clearer pic of the goalies.

Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

Perrot is a huge upgrade over Henault while Woolley is the same over Ladd.

Henault likes to play an offensive game but he turns over the puck way too much and is almost always the last one back to his zone. If it looks like Windsor is going to get possession he never gets below the hash marks in his end.

I don't know what's going on with D'Amico, he seems to have no interest most of the time. Him and Medina are puzzling this year.

Reactions: Cherrydon

member 71782

He almost had 40 points in 19/20. That has to translate to a point a game guy now.

His point totals that year went up when Stevenson was injured and he started to play with Corcoran. He had a partner who could generate some offense while also covering for the lack of defense from Henault.

I would be shocked to see Henault score 2 more goals for the season and a total of 30 points while playing more minutes than anyone else on the team besides the starting goaltender.

Reactions: Cherrydon

member 71782

Mostly agree CFaub. I’d take both from the sound if they’d part with them. It would also give us a clearer pic of the goalies.

Agree. Until the D is fully in place we don't know what we have in goal or even up front.

We know Medina is a good goalie but he's not top tier. A better D would help him immensely.

Up front if they are more confident in the Ds capabilities they likely become more aggressive pushing the play.

It's up to Bowler at this time to start figuring this out.

Reactions: windsor7

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
Game Day! Spits travel to Flint for the first time in 18 months! Hoping to see some improvement of the defensive front!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad