Player Discussion William Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Superstar William Nylander skates onto the ice.

"Everyone thinks I'm soft." he says to himself through clenched teeth, his baby blues starting to tear. "I'll show them" he says as he skates toward the bench, his silky mitts balled into fists.

"I'll show then all"

Nylander isn't completely useless. They can always use him as a bad example. Lazy, lazy, lazy. He avoids all physical contact and works about as hard as I do.

They're basically short handed whenever he's on the ice.

Nylander left the ice with head held high. Certain he had a hit tonight. He'd seen other players do it before so he knew what it looked like.

He was POSITIVE he had a hit tonight.

"I showed them." Nylander said recalling his heroics. "I skated behind Reaves while he was in a scrum. I pulled the sweater of one of our own guys. I was in close proximity to minor physical violence more than once tonight."

"I showed them all".

Read more in his new book Superstar William Nylander: The Winningest Winner That Ever Won

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Putting my head in. Willie and David Pastrnak played on the same line in Sweden and were BFF. Yu just need to trade for Pasta and move Willie to center :naughty:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Superstar William Nylander skates onto the ice.

"Everyone thinks I'm soft." he says to himself through clenched teeth, his baby blues starting to tear. "I'll show them" he says as he skates toward the bench, his silky mitts balled into fists.

"I'll show then all"

Nylander isn't completely useless. They can always use him as a bad example. Lazy, lazy, lazy. He avoids all physical contact and works about as hard as I do.

They're basically short handed whenever he's on the ice.

Nylander left the ice with head held high. Certain he had a hit tonight. He'd seen other players do it before so he knew what it looked like.

He was POSITIVE he had a hit tonight.

"I showed them." Nylander said recalling his heroics. "I skated behind Reaves while he was in a scrum. I pulled the sweater of one of our own guys. I was in close proximity to minor physical violence more than once tonight."

"I showed them all".

Read more in his new book Superstar William Nylander: The Winningest Winner That Ever Won

He has a sequel. (Ghosted by Donald Jack)

"That's me in the Middle"

1717298764200.png

Working on a Childrens' book for his Third.

"Me Willy, you Sissy."

1717299055884.png

Attachments

• 1717298830038.png
    1717298830038.png
    74 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: arso40

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
for the last 10 years ... playoffs

View attachment 877115

P/60 can be a bit of a misleading stat due to the variance in number of games it takes a guy to play a 60 minute interval. For guys like Matthews, Nylander and Marner who are playing about 20 minutes, that’s about 0.60 or so points per game, or 4-5 points over a 7 game series.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
P/60 can be a bit of a misleading stat due to the variance in number of games it takes a guy to play a 60 minute interval. For guys like Matthews, Nylander and Marner who are playing about 20 minutes, that’s about 0.60 or so points per game, or 4-5 points over a 7 game series.

Even Nylander didn't get the same Even Strength TOI/g until the past couple of seasons. He was playing 1.5 minutes less per game than the 1st. line was.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
doubt that's accurate but it makes for a good rant

There are tax accountants, but they work within the base constraints.

There are basic tax brackets for all states and provinces, so easy to see baseline.

View attachment 879627
View attachment 879628

Cap friendly has a tax calculator. Its baseline of course not perfect but easier to do a quick math

Here is M. Tkachuck approximation
1717553442908.png

Here is Nylander approximation
1717553502314.png

And of course f*** Bettman

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Cap friendly has a tax calculator. Its baseline of course not perfect but easier to do a quick math

Here is M. Tkachuck approximation
View attachment 879630

Here is Nylander approximation
View attachment 879631

And of course f*** Bettman
So around the same as the income tax calculators for all residents of a state/province.

Tavares being an example of it ain't so simple when you're playing cute with the tax man.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So around the same as the income tax calculators for all residents of a state/province.

Tavares being an example of it ain't so simple when you're playing cute with the tax man.

I think Tavares got screwed by his accountant/money manager.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
if it was that simple then JT wouldn't be tied up in court with the cra . also numerous agents have come and said the difference is minimal
Exactly right. There are so many variables involved in each individual's situation that you can't paint everyone with the same brush. Matthews gets a massive lump sum paid to him everywhere at a time when he is resident in the State of Arizona and pays 2.5% tax on the amount received. Tell me how he is worse off than Matthew Tkachuk?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
if it was that simple then JT wouldn't be tied up in court with the cra . also numerous agents have come and said the difference is minimal

Yeah, sounds like Tavares is claiming the signing bonus isn't income, but an inducement payment that is for artists and athletes.

Tavares’ appeal argues that at the time, he was eligible for the reduced tax rate of 15 per cent under a Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty provision, which sets lower rates for inducements paid to artists, musicians, actors and athletes.

I don't like his odds beyond the 1st. signing bonus. Once he's signed and in Canada it would be tough to argue it is inducement.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
After reading some details I'm not sure he (His Accountant) wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

Is he trying to claim every signing bonus is inducement so he avoids paying for the duration of his contract?

Maybe 1 year contracts would qualify?
Regardless of when the actual payments were made, the entire bonus was given at the date of signing, so it all falls under the law and location at that time.

I think it's bs, but that's likely the argument.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
After reading some details I'm not sure he (His Accountant) wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

Is he trying to claim every signing bonus is inducement so he avoids paying for the duration of his contract?

Maybe 1 year contracts would qualify?

I recall the following article was quoted quite a bit when Tavares signed. There also a lot of player agents (tweet below as an example) that said with proper "manager" they can save quite a bit on taxes so my guess is that tavares' accountant is incompetent and screwed JT

There were other player agents tweeting but am too lazy to look for it now LOL :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad