NBA Will Kawhi Leonard re-sign with the Toronto Raptors?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will KL re-sign with Toronto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Stephen A had the most embarrassing comment... Said it was cool we are having fun, but he wants the title back in the US next season cause Merica and we like hockey more. The NBA is becoming a global game.. Lots of high end picks are coming from Canada now and then you have a big media guy saying that crap.. maybe he made the Knicks suck, while the Raptors won?
What an embarrassing statement to make. Lol

Reactions: Gains

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Well the city, not to mention the country, has more or less been an afterthought to the NBA pundits down south.

Like, "Alright, that's cute how the Raptors pulled off the miracle championship over our beloved Golden State Warriors, but surely Kawhi doesn't want to stay there. Let's figure out which California team he's signing with this summer." :help: :laugh:

The dismissive nature of the American basketball media just gets irksome at times. Like somehow the Raptors weren't supposed to do what they did, and are supposed to just slip back into irrelevance next season.
Sports fans have got to get a thicker skin. Look at how the Canadian media acts toward some of the southern teams. Same thing. Not saying you personally but that's sports now, its' unfortunate but it it what it is. Honestly the team is looking like the Mavericks and Pistons of the 10's and 00's. One and done. No shame in that, for now. Plus the man said he wanted to go to LA last year.
Stephen A had the most embarrassing comment... Said it was cool we are having fun, but he wants the title back in the US next season cause Merica and we like hockey more. The NBA is becoming a global game.. Lots of high end picks are coming from Canada now and then you have a big media guy saying that crap.. maybe he made the Knicks suck, while the Raptors won?
Lol you became a basketball fan 5 min ago calm down. Would you even have watched if the Raptors weren't in it? Probably the hockey focus from Sportsnet and company when there was no Canadian team in the final (again) was the problem. I am a Knicks fan. We know.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The Raptors have always come across as a Mickey Mouse organization

Sure, they may be "classy", but that's not the issue. I'd think most organizations conduct themselves in a professional manner

Toronto's problem has been a complete lack of street cred

Richard Peddie, Glen Grunwald, Rob Babcock, they were all a bunch of boring, middle-aged Beta males who didn't command the respect of the players

Colangelo was an improvement, for sure, but he was completely incompetent

And how can you expect a franchise to be taken seriously when Chuck Swirsky, Leo Rautins and Paul Jones are the voice of the team? Of course a player isn't going to choose their destination based on the team's commentators, but it's about perception, and the perception around the league is that the Raptors are Adult Contemporary in a hip-hop culture

I agree with the poster above. It's ridiculous that a basketball player set to make 50+ million a year in salary and endorsements is being offered free accommodations in the city if he stays

As I said earlier in this thread, the Raptors conduct themselves like one of the ugly girls at the dance. "Please love us. We'll do anything!"

It's embarrassing!

Reactions: Melrose Munch
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Sure, they may be "classy", but that's not the issue. I'd think most organizations conduct themselves in a professional manner

Richard Peddie, Glen Grunwald, Rob Babcock, they were all a bunch of boring, middle-aged Beta males who didn't command the respect of the players

And how can you expect a franchise to be taken seriously when Chuck Swirsky, Leo Rautins and Paul Jones are the voice of the team? Of course a player isn't going to choose their destination based on the team's commentators, but it's about perception, and the perception around the league is that the Raptors are Adult Contemporary in a hip-hop culture

I agree with the poster above. It's ridiculous that a basketball player set to make 50+ million a year in salary and endorsements is being offered free accommodations in the city if he stays

As I said earlier in this thread, the Raptors conduct themselves like one of the ugly girls at the dance. "Please love us. We'll do anything!"

It's embarrassing!

Lmao what?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

It's embarrassing!
What a pathetic post.

Also, twitter is abuzz as a video showing apparently (but unconfirmed) Kawhi landing in Toronto on the MLSE jet.

Edit: Apparently Kawhi has warned teams about not leaking, that should put the Lakers chances at 0% with Lebron in that organization LOL

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
^^ Chuck Swirsky currently calls games for the Bulls.

Hasn’t been the Raps PBP guy for years.

Kawhi is officially in TO for his meeting today.

And Richard Peddie is no longer the team's president

I was talking about the perception of the team over the years

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What a pathetic post.

Also, twitter is abuzz as a video showing apparently (but unconfirmed) Kawhi landing in Toronto on the MLSE jet.

Edit: Apparently Kawhi has warned teams about not leaking, that should put the Lakers chances at 0% with Lebron in that organization LOL

Why don't you come with something of substance? You know, offer a counter argument

Right now, you're just firin' blanks

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I can read perfectly fine, I'm just amazed at that post. Was it written in 2007? It would make SO much more sense if it was.

So, instead of saying "lmao what?", why not put forth the idea that perception has shifted in recent years? You know, articulate your point in a constructive manner

Don't just tell me I'm wrong, show me why

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kawhi's camp: No one leak anything and lets keep it all on the down low.

Toronto:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So, instead of saying "lmao what?", why not put forth the idea that perception has shifted in recent years? You know, articulate your point in a constructive manner

Don't just tell me I'm wrong, show me why

You were talking about the teams commentators, in which you happened to highlight one who hasnt been with the team in over a decade. In a serious post about why the team is a mickey mouse organization. Nah my original response was all that was necessary.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
You were talking about the teams commentators, in which you happened to highlight one who hasnt been with the team in over a decade. In a serious post about why the team is a mickey mouse organization. Nah my original response was all that was necessary.

I thought it was pretty clear I was speaking from the time of their inception

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
So much for him not loving or wanting the attention narrative.

This has turned into a LeBron circus

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
It's like OJ in the white bronco. Lol
Exactly. Ridiculous.
I really don't give a ****.

Why would that make you not want to play there? Because people care? Because people want you to stay really badly after winning them their first ever championship?
Yes. It's intrusive, it''s too much attention and it's wrong. Why do you think so many Canadian hockey players have NTC's. Why do you think Stamkos ran screaming from Toronto? This is embarrasing.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Exactly. Ridiculous.

Yes. It's intrusive, it''s too much attention and it's wrong. Why do you think so many Canadian hockey players have NTC's. Why do you think Stamkos ran screaming from Toronto? This is embarrasing.
Yea, same thing happened with Tavares right? Whoops.

Some people might hate it, some people will not. Most people would realize that after the decision the attention will draw down to normal levels and that this is an extreme situation where the finals MVP of a team who won the title for their first ever time, is a pending free agent after only one year with the club. Of course it's going to draw attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad