Proposal: Wild sell-off

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I suspect Buffalo would be interested in Charlie Coyle. Per ancient accords these teams have a standing offer to trade forwards for 2nds right? =]

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
The only disagreement I have is that I do think Fenton should be assessing how much he wants to commit to guys like Granlund, Zucker and Spurgeon long term. Zucker's NTC kicks in this year, and Spurgeon and Granlund will require extensions after next year, neither of which will be cheap. Those are probably the best pieces he has to fill whatever organizational holes he thinks we have, and before July 1st, 2019 would be the time to move one of them if he's going to.

Other than that, I agree. Being ****-awful for a year and trying to pick up some extra picks would hardly be the worst thing that could happen to the Wild. But tearing the whole team down to bare metal is premature and probably a not a recipe for success anyway.

Technically I'm not allowed to say any of that in this thread though, so shhhh.
Right now, out of those three I’d prefer to re-sign Spurgeon long term. Then move Zucker at the deadline or draft, and try to get every last morsel you can for Granlund in the off-season if he’s not willing to sign for 7.5mil or less.

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
Dubnyk for Jake Allen.Both need a change, maybe some side pieces going back and forth with it. Any interest ?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Deals I'd be looking for or something similar

Spurgeon - top 6 center, potential top 6 center + 1st
Coyle - 1st+, middle 6 right shot center
Staal - 1st+2nd
Brodin - 2nd line center
Granlund - top line center or right winger (60+ points)
Dubnyk - goalie of the future+top d prospect

Ask any Habs fan how hard it is to get a top C prospect or even a top 6/top pairing C. Almost impossible. No teams wants to trade those kind of pieces. Good luck getting the returns you ask on some of these guys

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wild fans know how hard top six C's are to find. We have forever been in search of them...Before Staal, Koivu has been the only top six guy I think that would have been legit top six on most teams in the league. in the history of the franchise. one top six center.

maybe my current mood fogging my memory.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Heinen, Lauzon, Frederic, Backes (25% ret),and a 2019 2nd for Coyle and Brodin? Probably ridiculous, my bad in advance.
You unload Backes‘, add essentially nothing and get two proven, youngish NHL players on good contracts?

Where do I sign?

What about Staal, Foligno, Pateryn, Hendricks and a 2nd if Staal resigns for McAvoy and Pastrnak?

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Wild fans know how hard top six C's are to find. We have forever been in search of them...Before Staal, Koivu has been the only top six guy I think that would have been legit top six on most teams in the league. in the history of the franchise. one top six center.

maybe my current mood fogging my memory.
We have been horrible at drafting centers. They’ve either busted out or turned into wingers

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You unload Backes‘, add essentially nothing and get two proven, youngish NHL players on good contracts?

Where do I sign?

What about Staal, Foligno, Pateryn, Hendricks and a 2nd if Staal resigns for McAvoy and Pastrnak?

I don't think Frederic and Heinen are nothing.

Your "counter proposal" is 10x more ridiculous than his was.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
All I know is Spurgeon is going to make whoever gets him very happy. Hes twice the player any of Haula/Nino/Tuch are and they all blew up once they left MN Legitimately a Top 20 D IMO and our best player. Guy is a machine.

Jokerz89

Dec 24, 2017
Massachusetts

Where do I sign?

So Brodin & Coyle are equal to McAvoy and Pastrnak? At least I can admit when I go a little ridiculous sir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad