Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2024-25

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Also, how is Lundell ahead of Faber? One is a top pairing dman and the other is a middle 6 center.
I somewhat agree, but Lundell has been an integral part of a Cup Champ, has played way more NHL games, and is off to a great start this year. He is also a guy who's worth you don't measure by counting stats alone- his defense is vg, and his FO's are now 55%, which is fantastic for a young C.

I would take issue with other players being ranked ahead of Faber before Lundell. As of right now, i would say that they rank equally, though i can see Faber having the better overall career, when it's all said and done.

I never got the criticisms of Lundell during his draft year.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Yurov having a bit of a slow start in KHL, only on pace for ~30 points, about 20 less than last year.

On a positive note, his faceoffs have improved to 52.9% compared to 45.2% last year.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
thats a bummer, i was hoping he'd come here next year and light up the nhl!
He still might. He had an off-season injury and had a late start to the season because of it. The lack of scoring may be a sign that he isn't quite as good offensively as we thought, or it may just be a slow start after an injury.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The lack of scoring may be a sign that he isn't quite as good offensively as we thought

I've been trying to ease expectations on this since last year. He put up a lot of points, but if you watched the games, he wasn't a standout, star type player. Steady, reliable, good player, but didn't stand out. Kinda like Rossi last year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I doubt they have that much trade value, better to just wait and see if they pan out.
Agreed, especially for ROR. It would be a disappointing prospect for disappointing prospect trade, like the Beckman for Clarke deal. At this point, it's better to hold onto them and see if they develop on a later timeline.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No rush to trade unless you're getting something you really like. One could still pop into something of an NHL player.
Organizational right shot d depth could sure use a boost going forward. Spurgeon isn’t reliable at this point and we have endless LHD. Wouldn’t mind trading a LD prospect for a stay at home type RD prospect (or drafting one).

With Hensler at Wisconsin and them off to a rocky start, I wonder if he could fall to the range the Wild are picking in. He’s made some mistakes early, but his hockey abilities and size would be a nice add to the pool.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Teams trade for failing prospects all the time thinking they can fix them. Look at the Nolan Patrick Cody Glass trade.
‘All the time’ doing a lot of heavy lifting given how rare this actually is. You have prospect lists for all 32 teams in the league to think about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad