Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Good game overall. Will be interesting to see how their legs are tomorrow due to short turn around.

Biggest surprise was Leskovar - did not expect that at all. I thought he would be slow, uncoordinated, and just out there trying to run guys late. He was physical, solid defensively, and must have had 3 or 4 shots on net. Played a fairly simple game. Look forward to seeing his progression over the next few years in juniors and then pro.

Peart plays the most pro-like game IMO. Good short passes, good positionally, etc. As I said after his short stint in Iowa, he made adjustments fairly quickly.

Bankier and Heidt on the scoresheet - that's what we expect. Glad those of you that didn't get to see Bankier last year witness his toe drag and shot.

Haight came on in the third. Still always teases you with his hands.

Lambos was up and down per usual - has the physical tools for sure. Think he struggles when he has a lot of time with the puck. Had a few bad turnovers but a few great shifts as well. Still super raw.

Spacek was good on PP.

Toporowski involved and had a few scoring chances including hitting the pipe.

Novak and Sop had some good moments.

Overall, other than the third goal that was let in, can't really dog anyone.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leskovar has an identifiable skill, toughness and physicality. Not awful otherwise, either.

Liked Heidt. Don't know if he screams "ready for NHL" right now, though, but he stuck out in a low key way. Figured in on both goals, and seemed to be part of a lot of chances. When he gets a little bit stronger, a little bit faster, he might be something.

Ritchie... you can see some talent, but he has that young, coltish, uncoordinated look to him at times.

Haight looked good.

Bankier...i guess he was ok. Seems to have slow feet, but otherwise a good player.

Saw good things at times from almost all of the Dmen, but also some not so good things. I wish Peart wouldn't be so damn passive. The guy can skate and carry the puck, but he needs to do it more.

Spacek has some puck skills and is a willing shooter, but am not so sure that he will ever be a good defender.

Was looking forward to seeing Parker, but he didn't stick out much. Masters looked better, but he is a year or two ahead of him.

Liked Havlaj. Goals weren't his fault... he had a lot of time on the PK.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Huh, Ryder Rolston is Brian Rolston's son.
Pictures or it's not-

brian and ryder.jpg

Yep, that's the kid who is playing against the Wild as a Blackhawk, now. Feel old yet?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, it's Heidt(MADE SOME NICE DEFENSIVE PLAYS), and to a lesser extent, Haight, for me.

Spacek, and maybe Lambos are the best on the back end. Masters was ok. Disappointed in Peart. A lot of disjointed play, but that's what you get in these things.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
These announcers are embarrassing. Old men talking about how kids aren't tough enough anymore. Just call the game, you bozos

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Hain capitalizes on a freebie out front, still a great quick catch and release to finish and put the Wild up 1-0.

Heidt has been great in this game, the two way play has been excellent. Ryder Ritchie has had a few nice moments in this period. Spacek and Lambos playing well on D. Leskovar continues to impress me too with a simple but effective game. And as I hit post, Leskovar gets walked by Bolduc for the tying goal.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leskover beaten badly by Bolduc who gets past him and scores on a rush. Wild coaches will notice that as well as the tough play. Can't put a guy out there who can't defend his position, especially if there is no offense.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Toporowski didn't recognize that the penalty was over, made an intercepted pass back to the point, which led to a GA.

Wild have two RHD on the PK- not often you see that.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad