Why the Sabres won't end up like the Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aceonfire*

I believe Murray is going to be more than willing to deal prospects for more established talent as soon as next year... as well as our two later 1sts this year.

Who says adding a bunch of kids will be the only thing we do?

A new coach, new system. Probable at this point
We're going to make trades for legitimate center. Probably a center and a D-man at least.
We might get two new goalies.
Our prospects will come in with a few years into development (Pysyk, Grigorenko, Reinhart, maybe Armia)

This team is going to be very very very different next season.

That's "if" they fill those holes. Obviously Buffalo has a better management group. But some GMs fall in love with their prospects and picks and won't deal them.

The article and this thread are essentially saying Buffalo won't be Edmonton not probably won't as others have pointed out.

It is harder to build a competitive team in the modern NHL. I really do hope Buffalo pulls out of it as I like it when smaller markets do well. I just hope Murray surrounds these guys with the right players instead of forcing them in to a role they are not ready for like Lowe and Co.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I didn't read the article.

All I know is the rebuild is on target at this point so there is every reason to be optimistic.

ZeroPT*

That's "if" they fill those holes. Obviously Buffalo has a better management group. But some GMs fall in love with their prospects and picks and won't deal them.

The article and this thread are essentially saying Buffalo won't be Edmonton not probably won't as others have pointed out.

It is harder to build a competitive team in the modern NHL. I really do hope Buffalo pulls out of it as I like it when smaller markets do well. I just hope Murray surrounds these guys with the right players instead of forcing them in to a role they are not ready for like Lowe and Co.

Well, he traded 2 2nds and a good D prospect for a recent 4th round pick and an AHL forward.

I don't think he'll particularly fall in love with any one prospect which would block the team from making a trade. Murray is a very aggressive GM and we've noticed that in his time here. He's made/attempted A LOT of creative trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad