Why is Tortorella not popular amongst fans?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
he’s a certain type of coach that thrives with a certain type of roster. I think he’s a great coach and gets the most out of his players. but he has a shelf life and there have been stories of internally burning bridges per se, some players really don’t like playing for him and want to leave his team.

it’s a cycle where you have a coach like torts who is very strict and needs things his way et al. that leads to a more player oriented coach where players don’t feel so confined, but eventually the lack of structure leads to the need of a torts like coach. rinse and repeat. a year or two after switching into each of those styles is where teams are best. they still have some of the good habits from the previous coach but the nuances from the new coach and you get a little bit of both and the team thrives. but this lasts only 2 or 3 seasons.

people care way too much about personality. as long as the guy isn’t breaking the rules of the game or the law outside the game, he can be the biggest asshole on the planet for all I care. as long as he’s doing his job, why does it matter what kind of person he is? I’m here to watch the team hopefully win games/a championship, not get a tutorial on how to win the lady byng.

tl:dr he’s a great coach in general, though he thrives under specific circumstances. from what I’ve seen most people don’t like him for reasons outside of his coaching.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
.500 at Halloween isn't even a fast start.
But they'd certainly take it this season. :biglaugh:

Current at .214 - 3rd worst in the league, and with a fully healthy roster. Guess the shelf life for Torts was only two years this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad