Why is Charles Barkley commentating on hockey?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
I agree with OP, I tuned in and saw him on the panel and was very confused. It's one thing to bring him on as a guest, like they often do with other celebs, but to keep him there was just weird. Get people who actually know hockey on the panel.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I agree with OP, I tuned in and saw him on the panel and was very confused. It's one thing to bring him on as a guest, like they often do with other celebs, but to keep him there was just weird. Get people who actually know hockey on the panel.
I rather listen to Chuck than listen to “people who actually know hockey” talk about getting the puck deep behind the D and forechecking for the millionth time.

Reactions: 1989 and Tryamw

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
My relatives in Toronto get ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox, so I know it's available there.
im not saying its not available here. I said I cut the cord the 10 years ago and don't get broadcast tv in reponse to someone saying "Are people just realizing that Barkley likes hockey?'

I did not, because I don't get America tv, or follow basketball. That all. No comment on availability.

BUT generally speaking up here in Canada Sports net as the rights to the hockey in Canada ( with TSN having regional rights to the sens, jets and Montreal through RDS) So American hockey broadcasts aren't usually played on our TVs here. They may use the feed, and play by play but the intermission crew is sports net., not TNT or ESPN or whoever has the game.

Fans of certain teams: "lol Florida in the finals, this is going to kill ratings. this sucks. told ya"

Same fans: "Why is Charles Barkley trying to drum up interest in the series? gtfo"
Some people just can't see the forest for the trees.

Cry about hockey being a second tier sport in America, but then they cry about anything the NHL does to create exposure ( southern expansion, etc..)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
im not saying its not available here. I said I cut the cord the 10 years ago and don't get broadcast tv in reponse to someone saying "Are people just realizing that Barkley likes hockey?'

I did not, because I don't get America tv, or follow basketball. That all. No comment on availability.

BUT generally speaking up here in Canada Sports net as the rights to the hockey in Canada ( with TSN having regional rights to the sens, jets and Montreal through RDS) So American hockey broadcasts aren't usually played on our TVs here. They may use the feed, and play by play but the intermission crew is sports net., not TNT or ESPN or whoever has the game.

Some people just can't see the forest for the trees.

Cry about hockey being a second tier sport in America, but then they cry about anything the NHL does to create exposure ( southern expansion, etc..)

In Toronto at least the American broadcast are played providing its a nationally televised game. The other night I happened to be there and watched the full ESPN coverage including intermission.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Agreed. They have their own show, their own sport, I don’t see why these basketball players need to be showing up on my tv. I like these things separated, personally, and I see nothing to be gained by confusing matters and opening this sport up to the wrong people.
Anywhere else, you could safely assume this to be satire, but around here you just never know 😂. If not…wow is all I can say lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad