Proposal: Who's Interested? Chiarot for two 2nd's and a B+ prospect

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Two 2nds. What the Avs paid for Toews. Prices can be all over the place for defensemen. Probably the Habs will settle for a 2nd plus OK prospect in a buyers market

All we can do is guess. Not sure if it's a buyers market yet. Possible but there is still 3 weeks to go yet before we get a better handle on that

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I get your angle but a defenseman who has played 23-25 min a game is not the same as a guy who plays 16-18 min. The values are different and even if Dillon had interest, it's not the same interest Chiarot is getting this deadline (like it or not).

A team like Tampa (if they trade for Chiarot) would need both the retention and cap dump going the other way. There are others who are tight against the cap. Flames would be another. It's just there to notify all teams that if they need the cap to be addressed, we can help

The results of Chiarot playing 23-25 minutes a night are terrible. Just because he can doesn’t mean he should and no contending team is bringing him in for that role.

It’s a chicken or the egg situation. Chiarot gets crushed in huge minutes therefore people thinks he sucks. But in much lesser minutes and role, I’d bet those analytics will look a lot better. But then you can’t use the fact that he is incredibly overused by the Habs as some sort of selling point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The results of Chiarot playing 23-25 minutes a night are terrible. Just because he can doesn’t mean he should and no contending team is bringing him in for that role.

Disagree. The Habs have gotten R McDonagh production in many areas (ice time, production, Corsi/D zone starts, Hits/60, blocks/60, takeaway/60, PIM%, etc) and this is what other GM's have noticed. You can take your terrible exaggerated narrative somewhere else. Chiarot with Weber in previous years vs Chiarot without Weber this season... he still putting up the same value. He's been very consistent.

You can ignore that 5-10 NHL GM's are in on Chiarot if you wish. Let me guess, they are idiots and you are a genius fan. :sarcasm:

The interest into Chiarot is warranted but we may not get the 1st the media has spun on us. However, I do think the price I brought forward in this thread is closer to what the Habs return in the end.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Disagree. The Habs have gotten R McDonagh production in many areas (ice time, production, Corsi/D zone starts, Hits/60, blocks/60, etc) and this is what other GM's have noticed. You can take your terrible exaggerated narrative somewhere else. Chiarot with Weber in previous years vs Chiarot without Weber this season... he still putting up the same value. He's been very consistent.

You can ignore that 5-10 NHL GM's are in on Chiarot if you wish. Let me guess, they are idiots and you are a genius fan :sarcasm:
You need to calm down with your comparisons. You're denying others comparisons to similar players such as Dillon, Soucy, and even Devon Toews but you think he's closer to McDonagh?

You're the one who made the thread and asked the question "who's interested"...so you don't need to give so much backlash when people basically tell you they would only be interested for a different price.

Reactions: Anardil

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Disagree. The Habs have gotten R McDonagh production in many areas (ice time, production, Corsi/D zone starts, Hits/60, blocks/60, etc) and this is what other GM's have noticed. You can take your terrible exaggerated narrative somewhere else. Chiarot with Weber in previous years vs Chiarot without Weber this season... he still putting up the same value. He's been very consistent.

You can ignore that 5-10 NHL GM's are in on Chiarot if you wish. Let me guess, they are idiots and you are a genius fan :sarcasm:

Did you even read my other post? Lol I’m not even arguing anything about value or interest. You might get everything you want. I don’t think your offer is entirely unreasonable depending on how the market plays out.

Way to take a post that has nothing to do with “bashing a Habs player” and turn it into a personal offense. If anything I’m saying the analytics people use to say Chiarot is trash will be modulated when he is on a different team and a different role.

But attack away my man…what an insecure post.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You need to calm down with your comparisons. You're denying others comparisons to similar players such as Dillon, Soucy, and even Devon Toews but you think he's closer to McDonagh?

You're the one who made the thread and asked the question "who's interested"...so you don't need to give so much backlash when people basically tell you they would only be interested for a different price.

I'm totally relaxed and standing my ground. In terms of usage and output... he's very close to McDonagh. Lets compare McDonagh to Chiarot in many different areas because I feel they are both physical types. The turnovers/60 a concern for you? Probably and you then go on to ignore the rest. I posted a few others who have similar turnover/60 numbers with the same usage. Higher usage and 23-25 min a game can put a lot of NHL guys at risk cause they are constantly being put up against the other teams best lines.

If you wish, post the same numbers with Dillon, Soucy, and Toews? Don't be bias and change the narrative or omit things. Be fair

McDonagh (Age 32) Vs Chiarot (Age 30): Stats this year with Chiarot not playing with Weber. This is why Chiarot is getting a lot of attention. He's providing McDonagh value where some other fans think he is just some fringe top 4D and belongs on the bottom pairing. Nonsense

18 pts with 2 goals in 47 games
vs
11 pts with 5 goals in 47 games

43% Corsi for with 67% of D zone starts
vs
42% Corsi for with 66% of D zone starts

23:02 min a game
vs
23:20 min a game

3:08 min a game on the PK
vs
3:06 min a game on the PK

3.49 hits/60
vs
5.46 hits/60

4.59 blocks/60
vs
4.32 blocks/60

0.72 giveaways/60
vs
2.67 giveaways/60

0.83 takeaways/60
vs
0.76 takeaways/60

Some will focus on his giveaways/60 vs McDonagh but if they do, here is some more context compared to others...

* Trouba is at 1.91 giveaways/60
* Klingberg is at 3.11 giveaways/60
* Ekblad is at 3.02 giveaways/60
* Muzzin is at 2.92 giveaways/60
* Provorov is at 2.72 giveaways/60​

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Did you even read my other post? Lol I’m not even arguing anything about value or interest. You might get everything you want. I don’t think your offer is entirely unreasonable depending on how the market plays out.

Way to take a post that has nothing to do with “bashing a Habs player” and turn it into a personal offense. If anything I’m saying the analytics people use to say Chiarot is trash will be modulated when he is on a different team and a different role.

But attack away my man…what an insecure post.

I did read you post and you use the word "Terrible" towards Chiarot. I disagree. Sorry to stand against you but to bad for you. Do you want better conversations? Avoid the word "Terrible" with your exaggeration. I don't agree with you and you think it's an insecure post. You think you can trash a player and not get defense back. Comical and you should look in the mirror with you insecurity narrative.

Your quote and I don't agree with you (I agree with reputable members of the media and actual NHL GM's): "The results of Chiarot playing 23-25 minutes a night are terrible"

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I did read you post and you use the word "Terrible" towards Chiarot. I disagree. Sorry to stand against you but to bad for you.

You want better conversations? Avoid the word Terrible

He has terrible analytics. That's not a lie. You want to take issue with how that portrays him, I'm perfectly fine listening. I never said he was terrible...in fact...

I would expect his results and the quality of his minutes to improve as the duration and importance of his minutes declines. Along with his heavy game I see him being a positive addition to a contending team so long as he is utilized properly.

I’m not predicting one way or another if he can get what Habs fans want versus what other fans think he is worth.

Yet you get triggered and start this "nananana booboo you're not smarter than GM's" nonsense?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has terrible analytics. That's not a lie. You want to take issue with how that portrays him, I'm perfectly fine listening. I never said he was terrible...in fact...

Yet you get triggered and start this "nananana booboo you're not smarter than GM's" nonsense?

If he has terrible analytics, so does R Macdonagh for Tampa. Your evidence is lacking and that's terrible.

I'm not triggered. I just don't agree with you and you seem to have a problem with that. :laugh:

And yeah, I'll side with reputable members of the media and actual NHL GM's vs a HF board fan who thinks his numbers are terrible.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If he has terrible analytics, so does R Macdonagh for Tampa. Your evidence is lacking and that's terrible.

I'm not triggered. I just don't agree with you :laugh:

Nah you were triggered pal.

GM's being interested in Chiarot does not mean they are interested in shoving him on the ice for 23-25 minutes per night. What contending team is acquiring him to be a top 2 defenseman?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nah you were triggered pal.

GM's being interested in Chiarot does not mean they are interested in shoving him on the ice for 23-25 minutes per night. What contending team is acquiring him to be a top 2 defenseman?

Chiarot is a very good #4D man who has proven to be relied on with heavy D zone usage. What does top 2D man have to do with this? If he was a top 2D, he would be worth more. What's your point? Because he is not a top 2D, he is terrible? Very strange comment. Is this your evidence? I think you can do better than that?

I compared Chiarot to many guys and one guy that he falls very close to is R MacDonagh in various areas. Post #34. Go check it out.

Sorry, I don't agree with your "Terrible" narrative. Not my problem you are triggered by that. I'm standing my ground and I just simply disagree with you

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
for a rental, you might get all this, you might just get 1 2nd, or even just 1 3rd, or less

it's such a buyer's market this year, so many names being floated as available,
ands so many maybe-contenders have already spent their 1st's-2nd's

it only takes 1 buyer to pay the asked price,
but many fans, and fan bases, who expect there is a market value sure to be met,
may be disappointed

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With teams like the Ducks, NYI, Jets, Seattle and Columbus likely going into sell mode by TDL, the market will provide options that drive down price. Salary cap also less of an issue late in the season so retention becomes less valuable on the rentals.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Im good. Dont trust that there's a stupid GM that will give up more.

Well, that's the point though on his "fair value" vs what he returns at a deadline where teams are trying to fill as many holes as possible for a cup run. I'm pretty sure you would take the same stance as the Habs fans if you had a player like this who was gaining so much interest. He's a warrior and trusted with D zone usage for a very decent sample size that spreads over series wins against the Pens, Leafs, Jets, Knights. Still producing the same this year without Weber.

Not sure we get that 1st. I've been consistent with that for months. My base was always two 2nd's and I think the added prospect is how one team gets him over the others.

If Covid didn't come along and the Habs are "inserted" in the playoffs, where we went into a rebuild mode with no playoffs last year, I might agree with your 2nd and C prospect. We just can't ignore his playoff accomplishments/usage. Warriors like this with proven usage are not readily available.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yah we all know Leafs are not into big physical players and prefer soft small players who disapear in the playoffs, we get it

Weird. For several weeks Montreal fans were telling Avs fans that the secret formula to success was/is Price as a goalie. Now you have a different angle - I mean reason - for shaking someone down.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Well, that's the point though on his "fair value" vs what he returns at a deadline where teams are trying to fill as many holes as possible for a cup run. I'm pretty sure you would take the same stance as the Habs fans if you had a player like this who was gaining so much interest. He's a warrior and trusted with D zone usage for a very decent sample size that spreads over series wins against the Pens, Leafs, Jets, Knights. Still producing the same this year without Weber.

Not sure we get that 1st. I've been consistent with that for months. My base was always two 2nd's and I think the added prospect is how one team gets him over the others.
I appreciate the snake oil salesman tactics you are using, its what every fan wants for their castoffs. I just dont think you'll get your asking price.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I appreciate the snake oil salesman tactics you are using, its what every fan wants for their castoffs. I just dont think you'll get your asking price.

Your price (2nd and C prospect)
vs
My price (two 2nd's and B+ prospect)

It might fall in the middle but bet you it's way closer to my price than yours.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Your price (2nd and C prospect)
vs
My price (two 2nd's and B+ prospect)

It might fall in the middle but bet you it's way closer to my price than yours.
I doubt it. Just because you choose to ignore the breakdown of how much he drags down every d partner and block the users trying to inform you, doesnt mean GMs do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad