Who's going to surprise this year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I saw this posted on another sub board. Player wise who do you think is going to surprise this season? For me, I have to go with Benson or Kulich (if he stays up). I hope this team meshes & I'm liking a couple of the line combinations at practice the last couple days. Just gotta stay healthy.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I saw this posted on another sub board. Player wise who do you think is going to surprise this season? For me, I have to go with Benson or Kulich (if he stays up). I hope this team meshes & I'm liking a couple of the line combinations at practice the last couple days. Just gotta stay healthy.
But would it be a surprise if we could tell it now? :sarcasm:

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
People know Zach Benson had a promising rookie year and may eventually be an elite player, but I think some people are going to be surprised how good he is this year. I can imagine a 60pt season without too much trouble playing with Cozens and Quinn.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Byram on the blueline. I expect 55+ points for Quinn, so I'll go McLeod up front. He uses his speed and Lindy's system to get 22 goals and 66 points, shocking everyone.

Reactions: Ehran

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Quinn hands down. He's been hampered by injury but is top 5 in 5v5 scoring in the NHL who logged 300 minutes last season.

He's completely under the radar from other fanbase and I think to extent most of our own casual fanbase.

If he can stay healthy, anyone on a line with him will improve.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Quinn hands down. He's been hampered by injury but is top 5 in 5v5 scoring in the NHL who logged 300 minutes last season.

He's completely under the radar from other fanbase and I think to extent most of our own casual fanbase.

If he can stay healthy, anyone on a line with him will improve.
Yeah I think here none of us would be shocked if Quinn led the team in scoring. I think healthy season puts Quinn on the map for the fans who are only partially tuned in.

For our board? Going to say Power is going to have a Hedman like leap this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
There's quite a few guys that can break out. Byram, Power, Quinn, Benson, Krebs and a few other names being thrown around. Does UPL put a full season together or a young defenseman force a spot or Kulich break down the door?

I'll be super happy with 2 or 3 of those 8 things happening

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Here - Zucker

Main boards - Quinn

Yup. I like both of these picks. Zucker is a prime candidate for upward regression to the mean (unless he actually falls off the aging cliff this season), and Quinn…people just do not understand how talented he is. If he was healthy last season, he probably would’ve been our 2nd best player behind Dahlin.

Reactions: HOOats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad