Who would Detroit take at 4?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who should the Wings draft 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Ehh, number four is pretty much between Drysdale, (RD) Raymond (W) and Rossi, (C) so we could reasonably pick a non-winger if we wanted.

Holtz, Raymond, Perfetti, Rossi, Stutzle all have a non-zero probability of playing on the wing at the NHL level. If you want to avoid wing at all costs, you go with Drysdale, Sanderson, or Askarov.

And if you do, you may be criticized or laughed at.

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not many on this board see Rossi as a center at the next level.

I might agree with that but I think if he or Perfetti are considered BPA, theyre worth taking there for the chance they could play center. Even if you wanna call it a 50/50 chance, the chance of being a center combined with the talent is probably worth it

Reactions: lilidk

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I might agree with that but I think if he or Perfetti are considered BPA, theyre worth taking there for the chance they could play center. Even if you wanna call it a 50/50 chance, the chance of being a center combined with the talent is probably worth it

On one of those guys, I agree.:laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
On one of those guys, I agree.:laugh:

It's still bonkers to me I'm the crazy one here because I want the best goalie prospect in 15 years, but somehow it's totally reasonable to draft a tiny, not speedy guy.

I'm all about a guy like Marty St. Louis, but that dude was stupid fast and nimble.

The whole Rossi thing is like... Oh hi, Hudler. Nice to see you again.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's still bonkers to me I'm the crazy one here because I want the best goalie prospect in 15 years, but somehow it's totally reasonable to draft a tiny, not speedy guy.

I'm all about a guy like Marty St. Louis, but that dude was stupid fast and nimble.

DescriptiveWelltodoHalcyon-size_restricted.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

tenor.gif

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Hey, I know it isn't you. But Rossi is firmly in the #3/4 spot here on the forum after Drysdale and Raymond. Basically tied with Perfetti.

In the poll asking who the Wings should avoid, only 17% voted for Rossi. For comparison, Raymond was avoided at 12% and Drysdale was 13%. Askarov was 50% avoid rate.

I think that's bonkers. I don't think taking Raymond or Drysdale over Askarov is unreasonable at all. But Rossi? That's bonkers.

We can easily point to how great all the recent goalies with Askarov's pedigree have done. One can debate how important goalies are, but Price and Vasilevskiy are tremendous NHL goalies, that part isn't up for debate. Meanwhile, still waiting for someone to show me a player with Rossi's measurable qualities that is anything more than a depth player in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hey, I know it isn't you. But Rossi is firmly in the #3/4 spot here on the forum after Drysdale and Raymond. Basically tied with Perfetti.

In the poll asking who the Wings should avoid, Rossi only 17% voted for Rossi. For comparison, Raymond was avoided at 12% and Drysdale was 13%. Askarov was 50% avoid rate.

I think that's bonkers. I don't think taking Raymond or Drysdale over Askarov is unreasonable at all. But Rossi? That's bonkers.

We can easily point to how great all the recent goalies with Askarov's pedigree have done. One can debate how important goalies are, but Price and Vasilevskiy are tremendous NHL goalies, that part isn't up for debate. Meanwhile, still waiting for someone to show me a player with Rossi's measurable qualities that is anything more than a depth player in the NHL.

Honestly Hudler is a nice comparison. Hudler was armed with a very good shot that he didn't use enough. I think his hands were better than what I have seen out of Rossi. I mean to me that is kind of his ceiling, is like Hudler's big year in Calgary. Jiri Hudler was a good player, but a top 5 draft pick.... **** no. Sorry Eva wherever you are.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Wild to me that the same fans who watched Zetterberg and Datsyuk for so long can't entertain the idea that an undersized center can be successful in the league without high-end speed.

Like if you just don't like Rossi that's fair enough, but this notion that he's an outrageous pick at 4OA is pretty exaggerated imo.

Reactions: Darkseider

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Honestly Hudler is a nice comparison. Hudler was armed with a very good shot that he didn't use enough. I think his hands were better than what I have seen out of Rossi. I mean to me that is kind of his ceiling, is like Hudler's big year in Calgary. Jiri Hudler was a good player, but a top 5 draft pick.... **** no. Sorry Eva wherever you are.

Yeah, Hudler was great for what he was. You could do so much worse on your 2nd line and handling some PP duties. But I'm with you, in that when you lack elite speed and agility at that size... like how the hell are you going to drive the play? You better have 400 IQ Gretzky level anticipation.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, Rossi isn't nimble whatsoever.

It's a wonder he can stand up at all!

Persistence and determination are omnipotent!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

In the poll asking who the Wings should avoid, only 17% voted for Rossi. For comparison, Raymond was avoided at 12% and Drysdale was 13%. Askarov was 50% avoid rate.

Yep. Definitely better to take the indispensable answer to all the team's problems:

IdealAngryHoiho-max-1mb.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wild to me that the same fans who watched Zetterberg and Datsyuk for so long can't entertain the idea that an undersized center can be successful in the league without high-end speed.

Like if you just don't like Rossi that's fair enough, but this notion that he's an outrageous pick at 4OA is pretty exaggerated imo.

He is smaller than both those guys in terms of reach by a decent amount, a worse skater he is in the neighborhood of broken back Z for me and plays a grinding style. There is also no real case for drafting this kind of player in the top 10. Small mediocre skaters don't go there because the value is poor. Now could turn into Marchand in terms of a grinding smaller player, he would need to make huge strides athletically in my opinion. But we will see.

There is no actual case for it though. He plays a very mature game on one of the most loaded OHL Teams I have seen in one of the weakest years for the league in quite sometime. When you actually run his numbers through analytics while including age like Iyer does his numbers fall. He disproportionately beat on his weaker opposition. I just see tons of flag here. I get that he plays hard and he plays defense. It is why I don't think he misses entirely. But man it is the most angry I will have been with this franchise in a long time if they pick him #4. Like turn off the draft and go do something else angry. I will root for him, but it will take me a good few weeks to get over that one if I am being honest.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
But man it is the most angry I will have been with this franchise in a long time if they pick him #4. Like turn off the draft and go do something else angry. I will root for him, but it will take me a good few weeks to get over that one if I am being honest.

"The pick is in. With the 4th overall pick, the Detroit Red Wings proudly select Marco Rossi."

TZE:

tenor.gif

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I picked Drysdale but Raymond is a close 2nd. Want to go a bit wild, then maybe Perfetti. I believe in Stevie to look at the long term best for the club. DRW are fortunate to have him as a GM. He’s not rash, prone to knee jerk actions and is a thinker.

Reactions: DetroitRed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad