Who would Detroit take at 4?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who should the Wings draft 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I was #TeamForward all the way until we dropped to 4th. I think many of the forwards (likely) available at 4 this year are huge risks... Lucas Raymond being the safest and my second choice, but that's my opinion.

Our defense, much like our offense, is trash. I like Drysdale's game and I think he compliments what we have now as well as fills a need going forward. He'll be able to help on both defense and offense.

My pick would be Perfetti. I'll "gamble" on his offensive upside.

Oct 18, 2006
Raymond doesn’t blow me away, I don’t get that wow factor. What are his peak projections? Like PPG? 60 pts?

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Raymond doesn’t blow me away, I don’t get that wow factor. What are his peak projections? Like PPG? 60 pts?

Projecting points is very difficult because it depends on team (system, team mates etc.) and usage (biggest one being PP1 time).

Play-style wise he looks like a mix between Marner and Panarin, so what they are doing would probably be his ceiling.

Numbers wise he has produced fairly similar numbers to what W. Nylander did in his DY, DY-1 and DY-2, I think that is a fairly reasonable expectation for him.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Projecting points is very difficult because it depends on team (system, team mates etc.) and usage (biggest one being PP1 time).

Play-style wise he looks like a mix between Marner and Panarin, so what they are doing would probably be his ceiling.

Numbers wise he has produced fairly similar numbers to what W. Nylander did in his DY, DY-1 and DY-2, I think that is a fairly reasonable expectation for him.

God, that's kind of disappointing after eyeing Lafreniere all year.

Reactions: Marky9er

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I highly doubt it but I can see LA picking Sanderson or Drysdale because they need more defense prospects. Or they can go BPA which is Stutzle.

My top 5 is Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Drsydale.

Is he BPA though? He's a center which is why I think he's projected top 3. I view he and Drysdale as equal BPA, or maybe even slight edge to Drysdale as BPA.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I don't know how anyone could watch highlights of him and come to this conclusion.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I switched from leaning Raymond to leaning Drysdale and changed my vote accordingly.

I wouldn't mind seeing this again but with just the top four or maybe top five most popular choices.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I switched from leaning Raymond to leaning Drysdale and changed my vote accordingly.

I wouldn't mind seeing this again but with just the top four or maybe top five most popular choices.

I think I'd wait until closer to the draft. Give some of these kids some time to make an impression in Europe this fall and a lot of votes could change pretty quick.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think I'd wait until closer to the draft. Give some of these kids some time to make an impression in Europe this fall and a lot of votes could change pretty quick.

So the draft day will be 9th October (1st round) and 10th October (2nd round).

In Finland, HIFK (Lundell) plays 12 pre-season games and 4 regular season games before the draft.

In Sweden, Frölunda (Raymond) plays 6 regular season games before the draft. (didn't find info about pre-season, but there definitely will be something)

Din't find info about Germany.

There could be also some Champions League games.

Last edited:
Reactions: DetroitRed

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
So the draft day will be 9th October (1st round) and 10th October (2nd round).

In Finland, HIFK (Lundell) plays 12 pre-season games and 4 regular season games before the draft.

In Sweden, Frölunda (Raymond) plays 6 regular season games before the draft. (didn't find info about pre-season, but there definitely will be something)

Din't find info about Germany.

There could be also some Champions League games.
Some other tournaments ,I hope

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

I saw many votes shifted immediately after it was announced the Wings would get #4. Even though this entire poll was based on that scenario, the reality of it happening made people dig a little deeper into their choice.

We'll see that happen again and again over the next few months. All this time to overthink - you have to wonder if it will get into some GMs head and he'll find his own "reach" that him and his team are sold on.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I saw many votes shifted immediately after it was announced the Wings would get #4. Even though this entire poll was based on that scenario, the reality of it happening made people dig a little deeper into their choice.

We'll see that happen again and again over the next few months. All this time to overthink - you have to wonder if it will get into some GMs head and he'll find his own "reach" that him and his team are sold on.

I'd wonder if we don't see GMs try to be more conservative, and the reaches we see will be guys perceived as having the highest floors. Guys like Rossi and Lundell could really benefit, but a guy like Raymond might fall.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I'd wonder if we don't see GMs try to be more conservative, and the reaches we see will be guys perceived as having the highest floors. Guys like Rossi and Lundell could really benefit, but a guy like Raymond might fall.

Sort of how Tua and other injury risks fell in the NFL draft? I'd bet you're correct.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Maybe SY nabs Drysdale and goes to Arby's :laugh:, or a good steak house/Italian & takes the draft picks out.:D

Maybe SY thinks he can play LD in the future? :naughty::naughty:

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I actually think a Seider/Drysdale pairing would work nicely. Their skills complement each other's well imo.

In the defensive zone Seider could do the work in front of the net, which covers the weakest part of Drysdale's game.

In defensive transitions both players generally excel, which would make them tough to catch on the break.

If offensive transitions, Drysdale's skating/stickhandling ability would help take some of the pressure off of Seider. However, both players are pretty good in this regard. I'd expect this pairing to put up the team's best zone entry numbers in a while (although that's not saying much for the Wings).

In the offensive zone, I think both players are very solid, if not exceptional. Playing Drysdale on his off-side would allow him to utilize his strong wrist shot. Both players' clappers could use serious improvement, but that's the way she goes.

Yes they're both right handed, yes that's not ideal. But plenty of teams make same-handed pairings work, that's not a huge factor to me. I'd gladly trade three average, balanced pairings for six great RHD.

Reactions: DetroitRed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad