Who would Detroit take at 4?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who should the Wings draft 4th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
We'll see who has the last laugh when they roll out the new Ford F-150 Askarov Edition.
You just don't give up, do you? Apparently 4th overall now includes a lift kit, remote start, and heated seats. :D

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You just don't give up, do you? Apparently 4th overall now includes a lift kit, remote start, and heated seats. :D

And because it’s the Askarov Edition, the steering wheel is on the right side for some reason, and it can’t best a Volvo in any of the big benchmarks.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
So the title of the thread is different than the title of the poll and I’m not sure if I should change my vote after realizing that.

who would the red wings pick

who should the red wings pick

Two different answers for me. So I wonder if the poll should be restarted because people are probably answering two different questions.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think they go Rossi. He checks every box that Yzerman talks about. (Not saying that’s who I’d pick)
Rossi is sure thing , he is not going to be bust . He might not projected #1 center , but #2 for sure . Larkin still our #1

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I don't really subscribe to this philosophy, but for a lot of people in sports fandom - 3 years ago is ancient history

I'd take 10 years of bubble finishes barely making/ missing the playoffs knowing that the owners are committed than the pain that Sens fans are in

It will only be a matter of years before guys like Tkachuk, Chabot, Brannstrom, Norris, Batherson, #3 and #5 this year, etc. price themselves out of town

Chabot signed an 8 year deal to stay in Ottawa.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
They trade down to 5th-8th & take whoever is left of: (Askarov, Sanderson, Drysdale, Raymond).

They get upto an addl. (2) low 2nds (20 & 21) OR later 1st (21) ...+ 2C prospect / LD prospect, depending on how far back.

If SY picks @4, probably a D, so either Drysdale/Sanderson, methinks he picks Sanderson if he doesn't trade down (5th-8th only, no lower), which I think there's 50/50% chance.

Outside slim chance of Askarov, like 5-10%. Raymond 40%. either D 50-55%.

In my trade down scenarios, Cap Casualties (Broeser possibly, some LD, some 2C) exist for serendipitous reasons.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Rossi is sure thing , he is not going to be bust . He might not projected #1 center , but #2 for sure . Larkin still our #1

You can say that, I certainly don't see him as a top 6 center in this league at all.

I don't think he busts outright, but I think he winds up a second/third line winger, like Fabbri.

Reactions: MBH

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
We may find out in October, but I still wonder exactly how fond of Holtz and Raymond Hakan is. I know in an interview in Sweden he said something to the extend of feeling that both are probably underrated by a lot of people because of the league they played in. Said that they would have terrorized the CHL.

He also talked about how SY had him travel to NA to watch these top prospects to build up his familiarity with all options. It sounds like there’s a lot of faith in being put in HA again this year. Raymond is dynamic for sure, but I feel like most people can make that call, the one I’m most curious about is Holtz. That’s the kid I could see Hakan being most influential regarding (at the top)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You can say that, I certainly don't see him as a top 6 center in this league at all.

I don't think he busts outright, but I think he winds up a second/third line winger, like Fabbri.

You don’t see any scenario where he exceeds what you think his cap is?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You don’t see any scenario where he exceeds what you think his cap is?

I can see him being a first line winger I guess. I don't see a scenario where he drives a line from the center position in the NHL. I can say that, I could absolutely be wrong. I also don't see him as the #1 guy on a line when I watch him and think of him translating up.

I guess let me ask this, I know some will. But for some of this crowd that are more neutral on Rossi or have him in that 5-8 range, do you honestly see him eclipsing Larkin as a center in the NHL?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Took me a hot minute to realize this was draft position and not height.

I like the crowd that is like, but the NHL team will just list him at 5'10" like that fixes the issue with him having minimal reach in the middle of the ice and the fact nobody that size really makes it without being an above average skater.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I like the crowd that is like, but the NHL team will just list him at 5'10" like that fixes the issue with him having minimal reach in the middle of the ice and the fact nobody that size really makes it without being an above average skater.

I still want to know if he has tree trunk legs. That's the only way he's going to do squat out there. Tree. Trunks.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I can see him being a first line winger I guess. I don't see a scenario where he drives a line from the center position in the NHL. I can say that, I could absolutely be wrong. I also don't see him as the #1 guy on a line when I watch him and think of him translating up.

I guess let me ask this, I know some will. But for some of this crowd that are more neutral on Rossi or have him in that 5-8 range, do you honestly see him eclipsing Larkin as a center in the NHL?

I think I’m pretty neutral on him, or at least I’m not as opposed to him as you are.

I could see him driving possession in the NHL at a good clip. I could see him compiling a good number of assists every year.

I’m not sure if he will be able to play center. I’m not sure how much goal scoring he will provide. But I generally like guys who can tilt the ice in our favor, and I think he could bring that element in spades. I definitely like his hockey IQ and how hard he competes.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think I’m pretty neutral on him, or at least I’m not as opposed to him as you are.

I could see him driving possession in the NHL at a good clip. I could see him compiling a good number of assists every year.

I’m not sure if he will be able to play center. I’m not sure how much goal scoring he will provide. But I generally like guys who can tilt the ice in our favor, and I think he could bring that element in spades. I definitely like his hockey IQ and how hard he competes.

Do you think he winds up a better player than Larkin?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I still want to know if he has tree trunk legs. That's the only way he's going to do squat out there. Tree. Trunks.

Noel is a big boy and legit NHL prospect. Of course for those wondering on size he also while hunched over can get his crotch on top of Rossi's shoulder for this to happen.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
First off, I can't see those legs there.

Second, bull legs? Unacceptable. Tree or bust.

martin-st-louis-does-legs-do-you-do-legs-bro-L-816Hvn.jpeg

Yeah I doubt he has MSL's bad boys.

It is hard to see his legs in the twitter clip there, I mean they are so short...:laugh:

Reactions: Bench

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Do you think he winds up a better player than Larkin?

I think he could... sorry, that’s the best answer I can give you. :shrug

Honestly, the more I’ve thought about, I could really make a good case to give Jarvis his spot in the top 10. Jarvis has better skating and brings some of the same elements.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think he could... sorry, that’s the best answer I can give you. :shrug

Honestly, the more I’ve thought about, I could really make a good case to give Jarvis his spot in the top 10. Jarvis has better skating and brings some of the same elements.

I think Jarvis is more elusive, and yes has better skating in every aspect, maybe not power. I liked Jarvis a lot when I watched him, also brings a right-handed shot to the table, which we could use.

I really don't see Rossi being a better player than Larkin, he is kind of a similar player in my opinion without the physical gifts that make that work up a level. There is a reason the Horvat, Larkin etc type players aren't just try hard guys, they have good skating and size to play that style in terms of grinding star players.

Will see, if he is who we go with I hope to eat crow on it. At least you won't feel like he cheated you on effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad