Value of: Who Would Be Worth More in Trade, Benoit Pouliot or Nail Yakupov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Sorry, your reasoning doesn't hold water. You can't use a deal made March 2, 2015 and equate it to September of 2016. Different year. Yukupov is a bust at this stage. Busts don't land a mid first round pick. Pretty insane to think he has that value.

Getting back to the question ... Benoit Pouliott has way more value than Yukupov. It's not close to me. At some point, people have to stop saying he was a former first overall pick. At some point, people need to say he is a bust.

At some point, people need to understand that players are worth what are they being traded for.
If Yakupov was made available for a 20-30th 1st rounder, they would have offers, I know it and you know it. Some GM will take a chance to bring in a 1st overall with great work attitude just 4! years after his draft, taking him out of the toxic team environment. Hell, they would probably throw in a B- level prospect or a 3rd, if there are several bidders. Chicago or LA would certainly think about trading their first for him, considering their contenders window status.

Make Pouliott available - for the same picks, there are no customers.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
At some point, people need to understand that players are worth what are they being traded for.
If Yakupov was made available for a 20-30th 1st rounder, they would have offers, I know it and you know it. Some GM will take a chance to bring in a 1st overall with great work attitude just 4! years after his draft, taking him out of the toxic team environment. Hell, they would probably throw in a B- level prospect or a 3rd, if there are several bidders. Chicago or LA would certainly think about trading their first for him, considering their contenders window status.

Make Pouliott available - for the same picks, there are no customers.

I agree in general, but if you are looking for a player for player swap rather than picks, I can see why Pouliot might be more interesting to certain teams. He brings more to his game, and aside from injuries has been far more consistent. Pouliot is clearly the better player now, and I think underrated around here because of his injuries, not living up to his draft ranking, and the jersey he currently wears.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Pouliot is clearly the better player now, and I think underrated around here because of his injuries, not living up to his draft ranking, and the jersey he currently wears.

I think its a combination of his injuries and his contract. If he could play a full year and actually achieve the number of points his ppg indicates he should, hes absolutely worth it and would be a very attractive trade piece. The fact that what you're more likely to get for your 4M is 2/3 of a season and 35ish points is the negative part of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad