Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Not sure how anyone’s list can have Mackinnon very high. Good numbers while playing very pedestrian, lots of better players so far.
Its just an assumption on my part that he'd earn it in the last 3 rounds. He's also "due" and I wouldn't be surprised that if he and Makar played at a similar level, MacKinnon would get it instead of giving Cale a second.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Its just an assumption on my part that he'd earn it in the last 3 rounds. He's also "due" and I wouldn't be surprised that if he and Makar played at a similar level, MacKinnon would get it instead of giving Cale a second.
Yeah I could see that in regards to the “due” factor if he can elevate, but so far he hasn’t found an extra gear yet for sure.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Don’t know how anyone is picking McD over Drai. Watch the games.

With this comment, the likes attached to it, and others similar to it, what we’re seeing here is a textbook example of fear creeping in about McDavid and the Oilers winning the Cup and trying to get out in front of it by diminishing what McDavid is doing, in the hopes that he doesn’t also add the Conn Smythe because there would be no blemishes on his resume and only the true fools would be left to play that game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
With this comment, the likes attached to it, and others similar to it, what we’re seeing here is a textbook example of fear creeping in about McDavid and the Oilers winning the Cup and trying to get out in front of it by diminishing what McDavid is doing, in the hopes that he doesn’t also add the Conn Smythe because there would be no blemishes on his resume.
I’m an oilers fan. I just think Drais played better lol.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Don’t know how anyone is picking McD over Drai. Watch the games.

I mean it's not rocket science that people are picking the best player in the world to win the Smythe

The question was who will win it, not who has been the best so far. I'd give Drai a slight edge in Rd1 but if either wins it they have three more rounds of hockey to play

This big break can only help McDavid and whatever nagging injury he has if it still lingers

Reactions: TheNumber4

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
When there's 8 teams left this thread will have a lot of swing and misses

We won't even have a slight idea until the finals

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If Boston somehow manages to beat Florida, I think Swayman will drag them to the cup final. He’s playing out of his mind right now. But that lack of power at center for Boston will eventually be exploited. They already are as Boston got killed by the Leafs in faceoffs all series and in Game 1 vs Florida. Swayman is putting up JS Gigeure numbers which is very rare and dangerous for other teams.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
We will see how long Swayman can keep this up for. We all know that at some point Jim will put Ullmark in for a game just to swing the momentum and/or to give Jeremy a night off.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This has been a strange playoffs. First, no upsets. Second, I actually find it hard to predict - as opposed to previous years.

If Boston wins : Swayman or Marchand
If Florida wins : Tkachuk or Carter V.
In NY wins : Mika
If Carolina wins : Aho

If Edmonton wins : McDavid or Skinner
If Vancouver wins : JT Miller or Hughes
If Colorado wins : Makar or MacKinnon
If Dallas wins : Johnston

yeaher

May 3, 2019
This has been a strange playoffs. First, no upsets. Second, I actually find it hard to predict - as opposed to previous years.

If Boston wins : Swayman or Marchand
If Florida wins : Tkachuk or Carter V.
In NY wins : Mika
If Carolina wins : Aho

If Edmonton wins : McDavid or Skinner
If Vancouver wins : JT Miller or Hughes
If Colorado wins : Makar or MacKinnon
If Dallas wins : Johnston
toronto?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad