Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I have a feeling it will be Bobrovsky, but Barkov has been arguably the most valuable the whole playoffs which is the definition for which the trophy is given. It could go either way, and happy with both.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
All this talk of bobrosvky holding the fort down, for which there hasn't been as many as last year, or Barkov shutting down his competition.

But a huge reason for those things happening to begin with is because of Forsling. He is the defensive conscious of the team. He won't win because he's far more lowkey than the other 2, but he's right there with them for MVP of the playoffs (and the season in general)

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Many finns want to attribute everything Florida does to just Barkov , he himself shut down Edmonton it seems ...

But Forsling is +14 at even strength, best in playoffs (and was best in regular season too), always playing the toughest minutes.

Barkov is +4

Personally I think Bob saved the first game by himself, expected goals was 5,7 to 1,7 but Bob stole that game and I think Bob made a lot of key saves in the first minutes of last game too .

I think it's Bob to lose & generally they want key performances and players/things that stand out , which Bob certainly has done

Wrinkler

Jan 23, 2015
Bob has been solid and even stolen some games for them but his numbers are nothing special through the playoffs. However the media seems to push the narrative that the finals are all about Bob vs McD so i would assume Bob will get the trophy.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Bob is going to win it because finals have much bigger exposure, and he have been by far the best player. Barkov is more valuable player in entire run, bailing out Bob in Boston and Rangers series where Bob was outplayed by opposite goalies. Forsling is up there too for sure, no doubt about it.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This describes what is the MVP:

“He’s our leader,” Bennett said. “He’s our captain and he plays the game the right way. It’s pretty special to see a guy so committed -- as gifted as he is offensively, he’s so committed to playing defense and shutting guys down, blocking shots.

“When you have your all-star captain playing that way, it carries on to every single guy in the locker room. He means a lot to this team, to say the least.”

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I have to say - I honestly dont care, and I dont think Barkov does either. If Florida wins the cup, its all that matters. Give it to McDavid for all I care if the cup comes to Florida! I`m pretty sure Barky thinks the same - he is as humble as they come and has always been. Since juniors.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If we are looking at the entire run it’s pretty easily Barkov

But Bob is playing his best hockey at the right time and will win it. The 1st series he’s the clearly best goalie on the ice, in the previous 3 rounds it wasn’t the case

Reactions: MaWa and behemolari

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Many finns want to attribute everything Florida does to just Barkov , he himself shut down Edmonton it seems ...

But Forsling is +14 at even strength, best in playoffs (and was best in regular season too), always playing the toughest minutes.

Barkov is +4

Personally I think Bob saved the first game by himself, expected goals was 5,7 to 1,7 but Bob stole that game and I think Bob made a lot of key saves in the first minutes of last game too .

I think it's Bob to lose & generally they want key performances and players/things that stand out , which Bob certainly has done

Everyone who has watched this run knows this is the 1st round where Bob has a case for MVP.

After the 1st 3 rounds Barkov had a case for MVP while he’s also been dominant in this round as well

Bob will win it but stop with the Finn card with Barkov

I’ll have zero issues when Bob wins it but I see read when after this run some try to use the Finnish card with Barkov. He’s the biggest reason Florida is in this position

Reactions: behemolari

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
On May 23rd/post 268 I mentioned Bob...no reason to change my mind yet. Especially if he shuts out the Oilers on Sat.

(60/40 Bob/Barkov)

Reactions: behemolari

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Forsling should be just as much in the conversation as Barkov, especially in a year without anyone putting up flashy point totals.

He leads the team from the back-end. +15 in 20 games, 4 goals and 12 points with basically no PP time. For a defensive player he couldn't have done much more in these playoffs.

Played 28 minutes last night on the road in Game 3 of the Cup finals, without OT or any injuries to my knowledge. PoMo just wanted him out there.

Last edited:

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Forsling should be just as much in the conversation as Barkov, especially in a year without anyone putting up flashy point totals.

He leads the team from the back-end. +15 in 20 games, 4 goals and 12 points with basically no PP time. For a defensive player he couldn't have done much more in these playoffs.

Played 28 minutes last night in Game 3 of the Cup finals, without OT or any injuries to my knowledge. PoMo just wanted him out there.
Just to add to this, his 12 points is good for 4th best by a dman in this year's playoffs. Only ones ahead of him are Makar, Heiskanen and Bouchard. As you said, he gets no PP time either.

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All this talk of bobrosvky holding the fort down, for which there hasn't been as many as last year, or Barkov shutting down his competition.

But a huge reason for those things happening to begin with is because of Forsling. He is the defensive conscious of the team. He won't win because he's far more lowkey than the other 2, but he's right there with them for MVP of the playoffs (and the season in general)
Agreed

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Barkov is the most deserving for the Conn Smythe.

Bob probably wins it though. Biggest difference maker there is the fact that so many of the voters are McDavid/Matthews/MacKinnon fans. Barkov winning the Conn Smythe would be a threat to them legacy wise.

Reactions: Osakahaus

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Played 28 minutes last night on the road in Game 3 of the Cup finals, without OT or any injuries to my knowledge. PoMo just wanted him out there.
Barkov
Forsling
Bobrovsky

Bobrovsky 3rd as he was just OK against rhe Rangers.
Where as Forsling and Barkov have been fantastic every game.

Panther fan saying Barkov.

Bob and Forsling round out the top 3.
👍

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Barkov is the most deserving for the Conn Smythe.

Bob probably wins it though. Biggest difference maker there is the fact that so many of the voters are McDavid/Matthews/MacKinnon fans. Barkov winning the Conn Smythe would be a threat to them legacy wise.
Also would be a threat to how a ton of people percieved the 2013 draft. Remember when people got mad at Florida for taking Barkov?

Reactions: MaWa

pelderhostiga

May 2, 2014
Everyone who has watched this run knows this is the 1st round where Bob has a case for MVP.

After the 1st 3 rounds Barkov had a case for MVP while he’s also been dominant in this round as well

Bob will win it but stop with the Finn card with Barkov

I’ll have zero issues when Bob wins it but I see read when after this run some try to use the Finnish card with Barkov. He’s the biggest reason Florida is in this position

This. Bobrovsky has been their best player only in the finals, and even there Barkov has been amazing and contributed to defence and game-winning goals.

By definition, the trophy should be Barkov's. He's been their best player the whole playoffs and irreplacable unlike Bob. To me, it just seems odd to name a goalie playoff MVP if he hasn't been the best goalie in the playoffs nor even the series he's played in. Swayman or Shesterkin could have taken Panthers where they are right now, but who could have realistically replaced Barkov for Florida these playoffs?

But now even the media is pushing Bob for the trophy so he'll probably win regardless of the trophy's definition.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad