Speculation: Who will be the next star player traded?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

Clayton Keller to Boston
Brady Tkachuk to Dallas
Owen Power to Calgary
Nugent Hopkins to Philly
Kyle Connor to Chicago
I would love to get Power to Calgary, he would be a perfect fit long term next to Parekh, but I have zero clue what the Flames could even offer to get him. I imagine they primary thing the Sabres would be interested in is one of Andersson or Weegar but I highly doubt Weegar would waive and Andersson alone is definitely not enough to land Power. I have a hard time seeing Calgary attach any of their own 1sts either considering their dire need for a top end center prospect or 2.

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
Not sure how to define "star", but counting first line/first pair calibre players, I'd say Rasmus Andersson in Calgary.

He's on a very team friendly contract for two more years (2x4,55) and could possibly bring a lot in a trade, for a rebuilding team. And: does he really wanna stay through that rebuild?

Reactions: CanMerc

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I prefer the choices that people have made before in this thread (particularly Werenski and Tkachuk) but I wanted to name someone new, so:

Sean Couturier.

(Qualifies as a star because on that salary, he lives like one!)

Good call. Bloated salary but some teams are so C starved. Has had success in the playoffs too.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Crosby by TD. Once Pittsburgh is out of the playoffs you will have a Kane situation. Crosby could fill a number 2 C role on a good team and at some pt. Pittsburgh has to rebuild.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Crosby by TD. Once Pittsburgh is out of the playoffs you will have a Kane situation. Crosby could fill a number 2 C role on a good team and at some pt. Pittsburgh has to rebuild.

"Could fill in a number 2 center role?"

Dude had what 95pts last year and was what like the 5th highest producing true center in the league?

There are maybe three playoff teams that could push Crosby to a 2nd line, and honestly given his play style there is a good chance he would push more offensive geared centers to wing and still be the first line center.

Colorado comes to mind, they would probably run mac -sid -rantanen and free Mac up to focus more on pure offense.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maybe Shesterkin?
Rangers would have to be out of playoff contention at the deadline. Like even more dead than NJ was this past deadline.

And we’re almost certainly gonna re-sign him anyway.

So chances are low. Like less than 5% I think.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Stutzle or Tkachuk

Just think it’s gonna be player from ottawa

- Stutzle switched agents
- And if ottawa misses the playoffs again Matthew is gonna hell his brother to get the Frank outta there and back to the states.

Reactions: BlueGoose27

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
"Could fill in a number 2 center role?"

Dude had what 95pts last year and was what like the 5th highest producing true center in the league?

There are maybe three playoff teams that could push Crosby to a 2nd line, and honestly given his play style there is a good chance he would push more offensive geared centers to wing and still be the first line center.

Colorado comes to mind, they would probably run mac -sid -rantanen and free Mac up to focus more on pure offense.
I doubt he pushes Mathews, McDavid either. But he is old now. I meant 1 2 punch.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I don't consider him a star, but how about Torey Krug?
He’s out for the season so that doesn’t make sense at all. He’s not a star player either. Those who are suggesting trading LTIRetired players in this thread need to read the original post again. My prediction is Rasmus Andersson gets traded this season

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
As a Red Wings fan, who's looking for a mega star player...

I'm keeping my eyes on the situation in Minnesota, Kirill Kaprizov, and what they're going to do at the TDL, Next Summer, next TDL. I'm not sure he resigns long-term and I'm not sure Minnesota just lets him walk.

Imo, he's the next super star type talent that'll be available, Kaprizov or Mitch Marner.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I prefer the choices that people have made before in this thread (particularly Werenski and Tkachuk) but I wanted to name someone new, so:

Sean Couturier.

(Qualifies as a star because on that salary, he lives like one!)

No one is taking on Couturier's contract with his injury concerns the past few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad