Who will be tanking for Gavin McKenna in 2025-2026?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Seattle has enough solid pieces in their prospect pool to either insert into the lineup and take them out of the muck or trade for established NHLers to improve the roster. Wright, Firkus, Catton, Nyman Rehkopf, Evans, Nelson, Goyette, Sale, Fisker Molgaard, Dragicevic, Morrison, Winterton is more than enough to take them out of the McKenna Tank Battle IMHO. Although Francis and Bylsma could f*** it up of course.
Francis already did with all those stupid contracts and fun coupons he's been handing out to players that are likely going to disappoint and be buy-out candidates.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I have a feeling he'll end up a Calgary Flame and will have a similar legacy as McDavid opening up their new arena and their core player they build around.

But I also see Seattle being terrible in 1-3 seasons.
If Seattle is bottom 3 bad in 25/26 going to guess both Francis and blysma get fired before the draft.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Pens and Caps.
giphy.webp

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Better not be the Ducks because even if they somehow had a 95% chance of winning the 1OA they would lose out

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
If Seattle is bottom 3 bad in 25/26 going to guess both Francis and blysma get fired before the draft.

No way in hell blysma gets fired after 1 year.

Francis already did with all those stupid contracts and fun coupons he's been handing out to players that are likely going to disappoint and be buy-out candidates.

And who wants to come here if all Seattle does is offer cheap contracts with less years.. If Francis really did that and no one signed with us in the offseason that would help the team, that's guarantee to not help the team get better from last season...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No way in hell blysma gets fired after 1 year.

And who wants to come here if all Seattle does is offer cheap contracts with less years.. If Francis really did that and no one signed with us in the offseason that would help the team, that's guarantee to not help the team get better from last season...
It would be 2 years for Blysam. 24/25 and then 25/26. If he's that bad in year 2, he's not coming back for year 3 to coach Mckenna. So, he wouldn't benefit by tanking.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I can see Calgary for sure

I think San jose, anaheim and Chicago will be on their way in 2 years and no longer bottoming. It's still possible they are involved.

But Calgary for sure. Possibly Pittsburgh and Washington. They had a good run with Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin/Backstrom, but their time is clearly up and 2 years from now will probably be in the depths

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I can see Calgary for sure

I think San jose, anaheim and Chicago will be on their way in 2 years and no longer bottoming. It's still possible they are involved.

But Calgary for sure. Possibly Pittsburgh and Washington. They had a good run with Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin/Backstrom, but their time is clearly up and 2 years from now will probably be in the depths
Cal would be a team where the current GM and owner would be in agreement that they are in a rebuild and downward trend. Thus in 2 years if they finish bottom 3, Conroy would keep his job assuming he made good deals for the likes of R. Anderson, Coleman, etc.
Pitt, if Sid extends with them, I don't see Sid allowing the Pens to be bottom 3.
Wash, see if they extend JC and how PLD performs for them. New GM so not sure if that's their plan is to get Ovy as close as they can, like at 35 goals so that he can get the record early in 25/26 then they can look to sell everyone that they can.

If the GM doesn't think they will be around after the 25/26 season following a bottom 3 season, I don't think they'd plan to tank.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think Pittsburgh is looking like the front runner here Crosby or not.

Crosby probably starts to slowly regress, malkin already has started, letang has started, karlsson probably gets traded at some point- no guentzel, and jarry is overrated.

My guess Sharks still competing for a bottom 4 spot by then, Pittsburgh joins them- then Washington may be a team and Calgary could be

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Out of the possibilities, I hope Calgary gets McKenna. A possible generational player would do wonders for them.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Better not be the Ducks because even if they somehow had a 95% chance of winning the 1OA they would lose out

The ducks have been in the bottom for a long time. It would be weird to see them finishing bottom 3 in 2026 with so much talent in the roster.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The ducks have been in the bottom for a long time. It would be weird to see them finishing bottom 3 in 2026 with so much talent in the roster.
If they are still bad in 2026, then their kids have not developed in the way that they hoped. Cronin would be in year 3 in 25/26. Ducks likely clean house with Verbeek and Cronin if they are bottom 3.

Since 2019, they have had extra 1st rounders in 19, 20, 22, and 24. And 3 extra 2nds. And finished bottom 5 in 4 of the past 5 years.

Will they be a PO in 2026? Unlikely, unless multiple of the kids hit quickly. But, they shouldn't be bottom 3 bad.

Reactions: rahad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad