Who will be tanking for Gavin McKenna in 2025-2026?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't think Penguins will intentionally tank but at the same time, i can see them being a brutal team already this season which might lead to Crosby moving on if he still wants to play in the Playoffs.

If he doesn't move on, i don't see how Penguins will finish with a top-6 pick.
That ownership with Dubas and Sullivan running the show ......into the ground. Can't help but tank.
Pretty high pay roll for a tank team.

Get out Sid.

Reactions: Dominance

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I think Calgary is due a pick but I could see Chicago eyeing up the idea of McKenna Bedard combo while they fill out the rest of the roster but don't see them tanking Pittsburg is probably the answer especially if he turns out to be a franchise elite talent

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
SJS, Hawks, Caps, Blues, Philly is my bottom 5.

Calgary, Jackets not far behind.

BUF, Habs, Ottawa, Detroit, NYI, PIT, NJ fighting for the last 2 playoffs spot in the east, with BUF/NYI clinching it.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Buff, Ott, Det & Philly have no business being bottom 5 still 2 years from now
Mont, Ana & Columbus have had their time, and should be competing
Chi & SJ will still be sucking, but shouldn't be sucking so bad that they are bottom 3
CGY could be there, should be there, and I don't know if there is any other team out there that has never picked top 3 in a draft, and only once top 5.
I think the others will be teams that are having their windows closing, have little left in regards to future draft picks. WPG, Vegas, TB, etc

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Nobody, because he isn’t a special talent.

Not even close

You seem awfully invested in this. Sure for all we know he can be another Shane Wright, but right know he's outproducing McDavid at the same age and is also a great skater (though obviously not THE best skater). I think it's safe to say if this trajectory continues he'll be an outstanding talent, but sure you keep hating a 16 year old kid

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I dont think hockey is for you
You seem awfully invested in this. Sure for all we know he can be another Shane Wright, but right know he's outproducing McDavid at the same age and is also a great skater (though obviously not THE best skater). I think it's safe to say if this trajectory continues he'll be an outstanding talent, but sure you keep hating a 16 year old kid
Today I learned me not calling a 16 year old prospect “special” is hating on him.

Nice to know.

Angelo Esposito had a similar output as a 16 year old (. Anything is possible. I don’t think he’s going first overall, simple as that. I’m sorry if that offends you. Maybe you need a break from the internet for a day because you can’t seem to grasp not everyone shares the same opinion as you.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Today I learned me not calling a 16 year old prospect “special” is hating on him.

Nice to know.

Angelo Esposito had a similar output as a 16 year old (. Anything is possible. I don’t think he’s going first overall, simple as that. I’m sorry if that offends you. Maybe you need a break from the internet for a day because you can’t seem to grasp not everyone shares the same opinion as you.
doesnt offend anyone, but youre probably just looking for attention....

I mean you respond "he isn’t a special talent"... so either you just want attention by going against what every hockey fan and expert are saying about him (which is probably the case), or you simply dont know talent when you see it.

Its fine to say "so far looks amazing, but still young, time will tell".... but you didnt, you chose to flat out say "he ISNT a special talent". And thats just a ridiculous statement given what hes done so far.

You give Esposito as an example, yet we didnt get it wrong when: Gretzky, Mario, Lindros, Crosby, McDavid, Bedard were turning heads at 16.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
doesnt offend anyone, but if you respond "he isn’t a special talent"... either you just want attention by going against what every hockey fan and expert are saying about him (which is probably the case), or you simply dont know talent when you see it.

Its fine to say "so far looks amazing, but still young, time will tell".... but you didnt, you chose to flat out say "he ISNT a special talent". Its a ridiculous statement given what hes done so far.
He isn’t a special talent, he is good, and is going to go top-5 in 2026. But Speical? No.

• Haha

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I don’t think he’s going first overall, simple as that. I’m sorry if that offends you.

He isn’t a special talent, he is good, and is going to go top-5 in 2026. But Speical? No.

Okey so is this just a guessing game, or do we actually evaluate prospects by what we see?

It's possible (though unlikely) that he falls apart in the next two years, or some other talent comes out of nowhere. But right now there is not a single evidence that would hint to that. So to say he's not a special talent is just trying to be edgy/different.

By all means tell us what you think is wrong in his game and post the 4 players that will get drafted ahead of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad