Proposal: Kulak to OTT

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kulak is a quiet steady defenceman for us. Not likely to be moved.
He could get moved to open up a LD spot for Broberg. With McLeod gone he is pretty much the next trade chip with value.
It wouldn't be for a 4th though.

Kulak for Bernard-Docker perhaps.

Reactions: PuckG

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What would it take? EDM needs to make a bit of room for their remaining RFAs.

I feel like he can be nabbed for as little as a 4th, but surely he has a bit more value than that?
No to Kulak, especially for a 4th.

Can I interest you in reuniting with Cody Ceci?

He could get moved to open up a LD spot for Broberg. With McLeod gone he is pretty much the next trade chip with value.
It wouldn't be for a 4th though.

Kulak for Bernard-Docker perhaps.
Nope, that's Ceci my dawg.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I'll retract my initial thought if the return can be used to guarantee that the Oilers can grab Larsson out of Seattle at the deadline. This will probably require some Kraken sabotage as well.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Larsson almost certainly has edmonton on his NTC
He still has good friends on the team and it would be one of his best shots at a cup. For less than 5 months of work, I think he'd consider allowing the move and parlay that into a big retirement contract. And yes, I'm aware of the history and why he wanted to move on.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm going to disagree with other Oiler fans and I do think he is very much available, Jeff Jackson already tipped his hand essentially confirming Broberg is on the team and we will make a spot for him if need be, I also think some are under the impression Broberg will play with Nurse since that pairing didn't look bad in the playoffs, but IMO that's too heavy of a work load in terms of quality of competition and role to start with, the 3rd pair on his natural side is ideally where he should start.

As for cost a 4th round pick is too light, I think the bare minimum is FLA's 3rd rd pick, but I wouldn't be shocked if another team had a marginally better offer like a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
He could be available if the Oilers can fix the right side and go with Ekholm, Nurse, and Broberg down the left. Kulak is a really good #5 defenseman but it's questionable whether him or Broberg should be playing on the right full-time.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
IMG_1395.jpeg

:sarcasm:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm going to disagree with other Oiler fans and I do think he is very much available, Jeff Jackson already tipped his hand essentially confirming Broberg is on the team and we will make a spot for him if need be, I also think some are under the impression Broberg will play with Nurse since that pairing didn't look bad in the playoffs, but IMO that's too heavy of a work load in terms of quality of competition and role to start with, the 3rd pair on his natural side is ideally where he should start.

As for cost a 4th round pick is too light, I think the bare minimum is FLA's 3rd rd pick, but I wouldn't be shocked if another team had a marginally better offer like a 3rd and a 5th round pick.
Broberg will play RD. Kulak is the anchor of the bottom pair. And with our current RD, we will need him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This is a presumption of not being able to add another RD which I'm not sure is true.
Absolutely I am assuming we will not find another RD. I hope I am incorrect. Perhaps it is being accustomed to too many ultra conservative (or incompetent) GMs in the past. I never would have presumed we could have traded McLeod for much either, and we got a recent top 10 pick, so it is very likely that a deal could happen that I never would have thought of under less aggressive times.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Kulak is pretty underrated, he does his job every night, he performs pretty consistently between 10-18 minutes a night, he skates well, can play both sides and move around the bottom 4 pretty easily. Good guy to have around and don’t see why Edmonton would want to move him.

Cody Ceci might be an option if new Ottawa management wants a reunion with a hometown DHD boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad