Speculation: Who signs first and for how much? Q. Hughes, B. Tkachuk, Pettersson, Kaprizov, Dahlin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

First deal to get done?

• Total voters

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Hopefully EP40 can take time off his social media influencing and hammer out a deal all Canucks fans will regret.

Reactions: 57special

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good thing I saved my vote....
I'm voting Kaprizov
i was right nah nah nah nah nah.
what did i win?!

200w.webp

Dahlin next @ 6per for 3 years, so a bit of redemption for the rest of the voters.

3 horse race now between Hughes, Pettersson, and Tkachuk. Kind of have a feeling Brady is going to get the most contentious but Hughes and Pettersson's contracts kind of throw an extra wrench in things considering how related they are.

Reactions: rynryn

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I just don’t see how Vancouver has enough cap space to sign both Pettersson and Hughes, you have to think those two are looking at Kaprizov and Makar as comparables. I wouldn’t come off 8M if I were them. Benning has got to go, his obsession with handing out contracts to bottom six guys has got to stop.

Hand out big contracts to bottom six guys then play hard ball with your franchise players, just Benning things.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I just don’t see how Vancouver has enough cap space to sign both Pettersson and Hughes, you have to think those two are looking at Kaprizov and Makar as comparables. I wouldn’t come off 8M if I were them. Benning has got to go, his obsession with handing out contracts to bottom six guys has got to stop.

Hand out big contracts to bottom six guys then play hard ball with your franchise players, just Benning things.
Hughes is closer to Dahlin

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
My pet peeve is when people talk numbers without attaching years to them.

A player can be worth 6.5 and 8.5 depending on term.

A blanket statement of “he has to be worth X” without giving the term attached makes f*** all sense to me

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I don’t know if this is an ignorant thing for me to ask, and if it is I apologize and in no way am I trying to come across as xenophobic.

But does it seem that the more recent classes of American born skaters tend to be holding out for more money?

Tkachuks & Hughes have came out and expressed their right to be paid what they believe they’re worth publicly to the media.

Really curious to see as the next wave of American superstars come off of their entry level if they choose to continue the trend. (Zegras, Caufield, Sanderson, etc)

It might just be an issue of ALL superstars as opposed to American superstars.

Reactions: Oilers In Tree

Oilers In Tree

Sep 10, 2021
Edmonton
Just seen someone compare Petterssons career potential to Gretzky, Howe, Lemieux, Orr, and eventually McDavid. With a more likely upside of Pettersson being in the Lidstrom, Crosby, Sakic stratosphere. I hope Jimbo feels the same way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad