Prospect Info: Who should the Jets draft? COVID edition

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You bet. I know it's a bit of a stretch that he falls to us but all we need is Holtz or Askarov or both to get selected ahead of us, which could happen. I want Rossi, Perfetti or Sanderson to fall to us. If all three are taken then Im leaning towards Quinn. I have also warmed up to Jarvis after the glowing reviews on HF Jets made me watch more video of him. He is another guy that would be a lock in top 10 if he was bigger, but Id like to think most scouts have realized its not 1994 anymore.
For me I'd want one of Rossi or Sanderson to be available at #10. Drysdale falling would be a dream. If none of those players are available I'd want Jarvis. Something about a kid growing up a huge Jets fan and being a legit top 10 talent I find very appealing.

Reactions: Bob E

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Rossi has long been one of my hoped for fallers as well. I'd be doing cartwheels (if I could) if we were able to draft him at #10.

You bet. I know it's a bit of a stretch that he falls to us but all we need is Holtz or Askarov or both to get selected ahead of us, which could happen. I want Rossi, Perfetti or Sanderson to fall to us. If all three are taken then Im leaning towards Quinn. I have also warmed up to Jarvis after the glowing reviews on HF Jets made me watch more video of him. He is another guy that would be a lock in top 10 if he was bigger, but Id like to think most scouts have realized its not 1994 anymore.

The guys I really want to see get drafted early.

Holtz Askarov + 1 from outside the consensus top 10. If that comes together we are looking at a prime faller.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
As long as we seem to be doing predictions on the draft...

1) Rangers take Laf.
2) LA takes Stutzle. Chosen mainly because they have good C in their system, but honestly they could still grab Byfield.
3) Ottawa takes Byfield, or Stutzle if Byfield is gone.
4) Detroit takes Perfetti.
5) Ottawa takes Raymond. They have a few good D, I could see them trying to nab someone who could be like Mark Stone.
6) Anaheim takes Drysdale.
7) New Jersey takes Sanderson. They really need to have someone who can try to play with Severson, because otherwise their D is sketchy.
8) Buffalo takes Rossi.
9) Minny takes Lundell.

As to whom I think the Jets select, under these circumstances: one of Holtz, Quinn, or Jarvis. Each has good points, so hard to nail down as to which, but if I were to guess, I'd say Jarvis.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
As long as we seem to be doing predictions on the draft...

1) Rangers take Laf.
2) LA takes Stutzle. Chosen mainly because they have good C in their system, but honestly they could still grab Byfield.
3) Ottawa takes Byfield, or Stutzle if Byfield is gone.
4) Detroit takes Perfetti.
5) Ottawa takes Raymond. They have a few good D, I could see them trying to nab someone who could be like Mark Stone.
6) Anaheim takes Drysdale.
7) New Jersey takes Sanderson. They really need to have someone who can try to play with Severson, because otherwise their D is sketchy.
8) Buffalo takes Rossi.
9) Minny takes Lundell.

As to whom I think the Jets select, under these circumstances: one of Holtz, Quinn, or Jarvis. Each has good points, so hard to nail down as to which, but if I were to guess, I'd say Jarvis.

Whoever is the biggest and The least soft

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lapierre with another strong night. Scored his third goal of the year and had or set up another 6 or 7 high dangerous chances including setting Mercer up for a wide open net in OT. Somehow Mercer missed the net on the shot. He also went 11 for 17 in the face off dot.

He's making a case for himself. I just wonder if his case would be as strong if everyone was playing. Like where would Jarvis be right now? What about Guhle and Schneider? How good would Perfetti and Rossi look?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He's making a case for himself. I just wonder if his case would be as strong if everyone was playing. Like where would Jarvis be right now? What about Guhle and Schneider? How good would Perfetti and Rossi look?
Exactly right. It's reassuring that Lapierre is playing well after a season off, but a top 10 pick should be dominating junior in their D+1 season.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. I don't see a huge swing towards players that are able to play. Draft stock might rise a small bit but nothing ground changing.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Exactly right. It's reassuring that Lapierre is playing well after a season off, but a top 10 pick should be dominating junior in their D+1 season.

Agreed. I don't see a huge swing towards players that are able to play. Draft stock might rise a small bit but nothing ground changing.

Yeah I think Lundell might be the only one really playing himself a little bit higher. Lappiere is probably just reassuring teams that he is back to playing at a high level but anyone that had players ahead of him even when healthy isn't likely to change their opinion much.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah I think Lundell might be the only one really playing himself a little bit higher. Lappiere is probably just reassuring teams that he is back to playing at a high level but anyone that had players ahead of him even when healthy isn't likely to change their opinion much.
I think that's correct. Lundell is apparently showing aspects of his game that scouts hoped he would develop. Lapierre is showing he hasn't lost what he showed earlier. Teams will still have concerns about his injury history, though.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think that's correct. Lundell is apparently showing aspects of his game that scouts hoped he would develop. Lapierre is showing he hasn't lost what he showed earlier. Teams will still have concerns about his injury history, though.

Yeah I think Lappiere is probably still in that 12-20 range for a lot of teams. There's hope that he can be the next Barzal but it's far from a strong possibility that he becomes that good.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah I think Lappiere is probably still in that 12-20 range for a lot of teams. There's hope that he can be the next Barzal but it's far from a strong possibility that he becomes that good.
His skating isn't at Barzal's level.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

5 points in 2 games is pretty much dominating no?

He's been a tier above Mercer in those games if you are looking for what another top 15 comparable is doing.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I like Lundell and am glad he’s improved his game.
I’m very happy for Lappiere! I don’t think he cares where he goes first round, he’s likely just happy he’s healthy and I hope he stays that way!

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

He's been a tier above Mercer in those games if you are looking for what another top 15 comparable is doing.

Doesn't really move the needle as much for more as I was never very high on Mercer either. Like I think Lappiere can be a good player but there is still risk attached to him. And I still consider Jarvis the better overall player.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Doesn't really move the needle as much for more as I was never very high on Mercer either. Like I think Lappiere can be a good player but there is still risk attached to him. And I still consider Jarvis the better overall player.
That is fair, we all have our favorites. I just think its pretty impressive that he can miss a year and play at the level he is right off the batt without any adjustment period. Also I like that he has added more wrinkles to his game. He is looking to put the puck to the net a lot more which will only make him harder to defend.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I watched a shift-by-shift of their first regular season game. Lapierre was good, but Mercer was also good. I wouldn't have said that Lapierre was a tier above in that game.

My point is that this is what you'd expect from Lapierre. But concerns about his health probably remain. NHL teams likely don't know for sure if he's a big hit away from a career-limiting injury.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I watched a shift-by-shift of their first regular season game. Lapierre was good, but Mercer was also good. I wouldn't have said that Lapierre was a tier above in that game.

My point is that this is what you'd expect from Lapierre. But concerns about his health probably remain. NHL teams likely don't know for sure if he's a big hit away from a career-limiting injury.

It was more the game this afternoon that he was a lot better. I here you on the injury concerns but I am more then happy to take the risk.

Reactions: untouchable21

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hopefully the Jets can get 2 really players out of this draft.
They have massive holes in all areas with their under 25 players.
Right D
Right wing
Center

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting I was listening to Hockey prospects radio (Black Book) Countdown of the top 30 and I jumped in at #11 Schneider. One thing that really stuck out was when the guy discussed tiers.

He said there were two tiers in the top 8:

tier 1

#1 Lafreniere #2 Stutzle

tier 2

#3 Byfield #4 Perfetti #5 Sanderson #6 Quinn #7 Jarvis #8 Raymond

tier 3

he didn’t lay out tier #3

just interesting to hear different opinions. Pretty detailed breakdowns of the prospects.

Reactions: JetsUK

Deleted member 218451

Wonder if Canes want to jump Preds to take Askarov. Think 13 and 41 would be good value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad