Who should be the next head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Cheaping out on a coach. This is great.

I’m sure they’re gonna lower concession prices because of this, right?

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I am not sure I understand. If you don't really care about hockey in Columbus, what are you doing on this board?
I care about the team. Not where they are located. And I don’t know what any of that has to do with me wanting another owner who will pay for a coach.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also curious as to why care about the CBJ at all if the C part does not matter?
We've got plenty of out-of-town fans; that in and of itself isn't an issue and never will be. It's when folks start talking about removing our team (or jeopardizing its existence here) 'cause it doesn't affect them at all that I start getting testy.

Reactions: pscbj80 and CBJx614

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I care about the team. Not where they are located. And I don’t know what any of that has to do with me wanting another owner who will pay for a coach.
It's business. We don't know the fine details, but if LAK is trying to bend us over on the contract you don't just say "f*** it I'm gonna do it whatever the cost"

What if LA wants us to pay 60-75% of his remaining deal. What if we're fine paying McLellan the 5.5 he got in LA, but now we're paying 8-9 million for a coach for ONE season when we could have a comparable coach in Evanson for like 3-4M(and that's with paying off his last contract)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sources have informed the Dispatch that McLellan, 56, is out of the mix after salary negotiations broke down between the longtime NHL coach and the team. The Los Angeles Kings, who fired McLellan with a year left on a $5.5. million contract, remain on the hook for that final year of salary unless he finds a new coaching job, which most thought would be with Columbus.According to sources, talks on a multi-year deal with the Blue Jackets went back and forth for about a week, but nothing was worked out to make McLellan the 11th full-time head coach in franchise history.It doesn’t mean the Blue Jackets won’t take another swing at McLellan with a higher offer at some point, but for now, he’s considered out of the running. A source told the Dispatch that former Edmonton Oilers coach Jay Woodcroft, one of McLellan’s former assistants, is still being considered. Former Minnesota Wild coach Dean Evason has also been connected to the Blue Jackets as a potential finalist.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Why is this even a thing? I'm sure it's apart of the CBA for guaranteed deals but the LAK organization should have 0 impact in our ability to sign a coach they fired.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Move onto Evason/Quenneville.
Hilarious. Q is not a candidate except in the minds of like 2 people (one of them being you), neither of whom are decision-makers in the process.

Whether those 2 people recognize it or not, Q has more stink on him than Babcock did, and we all saw how that went. Those two people should really just bail.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Alot
This would be unfortunate if he was really Waddell's first choice. I do wonder if Waddell has a number he won't go above or if the ownership has given him a cap. Could also be a question of how much money is available for the assistants T-Mac wants.
could also be that Waddell wants to keep the assistants or at least one , for continuity reasons , which he indicated he did … and Macellan isn’t ok with that

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Alot

could also be that Waddell wants to keep the assistants or at least one , for continuity reasons , which he indicated he did … and Macellan isn’t ok with that
After what happened with Brind'Amour I wouldn't be surprised.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I swear Hedger is just stirring up twitter just so he can get Q back into the conversation today. Unless Portzline is saying this I take Hedger with caution his sources haven't been "right" especially of late

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If he was ok with keeping the assistants he should have just kept PV.
Waddell has given interviews he wants to keep the assistants intact for continuity… I certainly wouldn’t , but I think this is Dons thought process

Well, he isn't lying.
How is Hedger commenting , when he didn’t have the 3 candidates correct ?

Reactions: Indy18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad