Who quietly had a very good season

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Going w Raantanan. Didn’t even know who this kid was until I picked him up in my fantasy league. Thinking he may be a keeper.

Also going w Karlsson from Vegas.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Rantanen wins this award going away. If he was a Leaf he'd be ...... Auston Mathews.

Guys on teams that don't get much attention - Aho, Dadonov, a bunch on Vegas

Panarin and Seth Jones had big years, guys on Columbus don't get as much attention as they should, include Pierre Luc Dubois.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Riley Nash had a very quiet 41 point season. He's likely priced himself out of Boston as a really solid 3rd line guy, which is a real shame. But he was a huge depth player for us who nearly doubled his career highs, as "unsexy" of a player as he is.

Reactions: SunDevilHockeyFan

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Also on my team, Horvat put up more goals than last season playing 17 less games despite playing with mostly scrubs after Boeser went down 20 games ago.

Horvat faced against the best defencemen/top pairing D on opposition teams primarily more than the Sedins did in general, so yea Bo had a really good quiet season. Would've beaten his career high in points (possibly assists too) if he played all 82 games.

Last edited:

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Most players wish they could put up 50 points in their retirement year, Sedins actually went and did it. Although they have gotten a pretty big spotlight shone on them these past few weeks.

As others mentioned, Anders Lee cracking 40 goals and Mikko Rantanen are big standouts. A lot of people probably forgot that Eric Staal had 40 goals too. Rakell has had some massive even-strength production in the past few years.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Jaden Schwartz had 60 points in 62 games. Missed some time with an injury but he's such a good player. Outproduced Tarasenko this year (or was on pace to, certainly would have if he didn't miss 20 games) but you never really hear a peep about him.

The Blues looked like complete crap while he was out. He's so important to that team.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
For the Jets its Morrissey by far. All our offense and our goalie got our accolades. But the Jets team D was and would be lost without this guy.

Buff is dynamic and often dominant. Trouba is a 5 tool player on D. But neither of them has the brain Morrissey has.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
RNH was excellent this year for Edmonton. His best season since his rookie year imo. Looks amazing with McDavid.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
For the Sharks and maybe an overall not talked about a lot player, Joe Pavelski.

66 point season with 44 asssits and 22 goals. He was having a decent season, but he only had 10 goals in 47 games and was a -10. After Jumbo got hurt and was out, I feel Pavs really stepped up and led that line. He ended the season 35-12-20-32 and +10

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Eric Staal. People thought he was done 2 years ago but he has quietly put up two very respectable seasons. The guy scored 42 goals this year and I don't think I've heard anyone mention his name on the main boards this season.
And along the way broke Wild's goal scoring record in one season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad