Who quietly had a very good season

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Easily Antti Raanta. Sample size be damned, he put up Vezina-worthy numbers on one of the worst teams in the league. Not too many people talk about him though.
Mostly AZ fans talk about him and you know A. How many of them there are on these boards B. How many of them boast about their players in a given year

He's been sublime for a half a season.
At least he was brought stability with AZ since he signed a 3 year deal there.

Reactions: iSophagus

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getzlaf stayed above a ppg, and the duckd record with him in the line up was really good.

Rakell had 69 points in 77 games(34 goals, 35assist)

Josh manson 37 points in 80 games, and a + 34 on a team that was - goal differential for 3/4ths of the season.

Hampus lindholm 31 points in 69 games, 13 goals 18 assist, + 16... and still pretty dominant defender.

I know they are the usual suspects for anaheim... but people dont generally notice them or hear about them much.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
From the Jets:

Dustin Byfuglien. Probably played his best season since joining the Jets. Didn't produce as much (why he wasn't making any headlines the entire season, especially in the shadow of Hellebuyck, Laine, Wheeler and co) as some years before but he was a great #1 defenseman pretty much every night out there. Jets certainly didn't need him to score as well which really seemed to help him stay cool headed. He's finally living up to his #1 defenseman status all around.

Last edited:

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Jason Zucker. Doesn't really ever get talked about, apart from some occasional GDT posts about opposing team fans wishing Zucker was on their team. Had a decent year last year with 22 goals and 47 points. Upped them to 33 goals and 64 points this year. Has a "Minnesotan" work ethic, does everything you hope and maybe more. Is one of the fastest and most fluid skaters in the NHL and can shoot the puck well, hence his 33 goals.

Honorable mention: Matt Dumba. Scored 14 goals and 50 points as a D-man and has really upped his game with big leaps from last year. He still has big gaps in his defensive game and decision making with the puck. Has an absolute cannon of a shot, is a decent skater and has become more physical as time has passed. We're still waiting for those big open ice hits they showed in all the highlights of him when he was drafted. I think it's safe to say at the age of 23, this kid has a bright future ahead of him. I know many fans called for his head and some even thought he was a legitimate bust, so kudos to Fletcher for hanging on to him. I might be way over my head for saying this, but if he can take his defensive game up a notch or two, which I don't think is impossible at all, he could legitimately compete for the Norris in the future.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Jason Zucker. Doesn't really ever get talked about, apart from some occasional GDT posts about opposing team fans wishing Zucker was on their team. Had a decent year last year with 22 goals and 47 points. Upped them to 33 goals and 64 points this year. Has a "Minnesotan" work ethic, does everything you hope and maybe more. Is one of the fastest and most fluid skaters in the NHL and can shoot the puck well, hence his 33 goals.

As a Jets fan, I HATE Zucker because he always scores against us and only does great things for the Wild. Honestly the player I'm most scared about for the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad