Who is more dominant in their sport: Ohtani, McDavid or Mahomes?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is more dominant in their sport?

• Total voters

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Who is more dominant between Mahomes and McDavid is for sure Mahomes. McDavid is further ahead of his peers than anyone else in sports currently but the importance of the QB position far outweighs any position in hockey(you could argue goalie i suppose). In football one elite qb can make you a contender in hockey one player has far less of an impact. I also have no idea about baseball so I will not comment on the other fella.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Who is more dominant between Mahomes and McDavid is for sure Mahomes. McDavid is further ahead of his peers than anyone else in sports currently but the importance of the QB position far outweighs any position in hockey(you could argue goalie i suppose). In football one elite qb can make you a contender in hockey one player has far less of an impact. I also have no idea about baseball so I will not comment on the other fella.
Question isn’t more important. It’s more dominant. If I needed to win a championship, and could start a hockey team with mcdavid or a football team with mahomes, sure I’ll take mahomes.

But mcdavid is unquestionably more dominant, with a larger gap to his peers both currently and historically. Relative importance to winning a championship doesn’t change that.

I think the interesting argument is Ohtani, not because he’s absolutely the best hitter or the best pitcher, but simply he’s so good as both in a way nobody has been in a century, basically. so his dominance is really unique, since it’s in a way nobody else really can dominate.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
McDavid is the most dominant male in team sports right smack in the middle of his prime. He is lapping other players at this point.
most-goals-by-a-premier-league-player-in-a-season-haaland-1024x658.jpg

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
McDavid is ahead of Mahomes but I have no idea about Ohtani other than that Phtani's success seems much more novel.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Comparisons between Mahomes and McDavid is tough. One player is on the field for nearly half the game. Touches the ball on every offensive play. The other plays 20 minutes a night and an elite #1 C by default will never be as critical as having an elite QB. You can win a cup these days without an elite #1 C. Go take a look at the past 14 SB winners. Minus two all time defenses, you aren't winning a SB without an elite QB and/or a QB playing elite going into the game.

Ohtani is probably the most dominant. But his impact, due to the nature of baseball, has not made an impact on the Angels winning.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Ohtani by a country mile.

He’s the equivalent of an NHLer who can play both goalie and forward at pinnacle elite level. The dude is a unicorn.
Comparisons between Mahomes and McDavid is tough. One player is on the field for nearly half the game. Touches the ball on every offensive play. The other plays 20 minutes a night and an elite #1 C by default will never be as critical as having an elite QB. You can win a cup these days without an elite #1 C. Go take a look at the past 14 SB winners. Minus two all time defenses, you aren't winning a SB without an elite QB and/or a QB playing elite going into the game.

Ohtani is probably the most dominant. But his impact, due to the nature of baseball, has not made an impact on the Angels winning.
Exactly.

Orioles World Series prediction btw

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
ohtani by a mile.

he’s a top tier, legitimately elite hitter and pitcher.

call me when mahomes also puts up 15 sacks or something.

not really a good comparison with hockey, but it would be like mcdavid also being a vezina caliber goalie.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Ohtani by a country mile.

He’s the equivalent of an NHLer who can play both goalie and forward at pinnacle elite level. The dude is a unicorn.

Except hitting and pitching is not comparable to playing center and goalie in Hockey. Pitcher's been hitting forever, you never see any centers playing goalie during the third period.

Although I agree that the answer is Ohtani.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad