OT: Who has the best chicken wings in town?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
It's a good tenderizer. Also allows the chicken to get a little more sticky imo

Lot's of Korean recipes will Coke in their prep
As a korean, believe it or not we use Pepsi or Dr.pepper And it makes a huge difference.

Coke uses caramel, which has butter in it. Which clashes in a nasty way with sesame oil. I think Chinese use Coke. Goes well with cinnamon, anise, and all the other spices they use.
This is the recipe that made Eddie Hwang famous.

Tbh I soak most meats in Pepsi for a couple hours to get the blood out and tenderize it. But a brine is also nice for chicken for added tanginess.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
As a korean, believe it or not we use Pepsi or Dr.pepper And it makes a huge difference.

Coke uses caramel, which has butter in it. Which clashes in a nasty way with sesame oil. I think Chinese use Coke. Goes well with cinnamon, anise, and all the other spices they use.

Tbh I soak most meats in Pepsi for a couple hours to get the blood out and tenderize it. But a brine is also nice for chicken for added tanginess.
Coke has zero fat content. No it doesn't have butter in it. heh

Coke does interact badly with any Oil. really its as bad as putting water and oil together.

Never heard of Eddie Hwang. ;)

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Coke has zero fat content. No it doesn't have butter in it. heh

Coke does interact badly with any Oil. really its as bad as putting water and oil together.

Never heard of Eddie Hwang. ;)
He's awesome.

His book is amazing. His show on Vice was amazing. His restaurant is amazing.

His new documentary about the fall of Vice is apparently amazing (at Toronto Film Fest).

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Buying food at 7-11 is just gross, yet every morning I see Skip picking up pizza, wings and all that other crap for the fat and lazy

Canada becoming the new Merica

Bacon, eggs and coffee has been replaced by taquitos and Monsters
Yup. Any food that needs to be prepared on a converted warehouse roller conveyor that is heated, is probably something to generally avoid.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010

Unless you’re butchering your meat fresh that’s not blood. It’s actually myoglobin and is red when it is exposed to the air and it mixes with water.

Edit: I stand corrected because I just realized you could be taking about organ meat or drawing blood from the marrow.

Only time I have used soda while cooking is making a pulled pork, I like to use root beer. What you shared seem like a cool technique!! Will try this one day!!

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Can’t compete with the BBQ master @Bobieque but I'm currently doing some mesquite chipotle glazed drumsticks on the smoker. Got to lazy for wings and this seemed like an easier way to fill the craving this delicious thread left in my mind.

IMG_1809.jpeg

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Buying food at 7-11 is just gross, yet every morning I see Skip picking up pizza, wings and all that other crap for the fat and lazy

Canada becoming the new Merica

Bacon, eggs and coffee has been replaced by taquitos and Monsters
I used to not mind the taquitos there when I was drunk lol. I would get 4 of them, but to actually order skip from there for the food is just insane. The pizza, wings and hot dogs are gross. And I’m not a picky guy either. I like fast food as much as the next guy , but 7 11 😂 come on.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I used to not mind the taquitos there when I was drunk lol. I would get 4 of them, but to actually order skip from there for the food is just insane. The pizza, wings and hot dogs are gross. And I’m not a picky guy either. I like fast food as much as the next guy , but 7 11 😂 come on.

Is there really a bad hot dog though?

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Wing Snob and Brewhouse are usually my go-to spots for wings

Recently tried the wings at that Dickey's BBQ place though and they were pretty solid, I liked the smoky taste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad