Speculation: Who gets bought out?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The buyout window opens next Saturday if I'm not mistaken and every year there are a few buyouts so who hits the market early this year?

I know that Philadelphia is thinking about buying out both Cam Atkinson and Cal Peterson.

I wonder about Josh Norris in Ottawa because that contract is just awful.

I also wonder about Merzlikns in Columbus, I know that there are a few Columbus fans on this board that think that's going to happen, and if it does that would be somebody I'd be interested in, I believe Merzlikns is a good goalie on a very very bad team.

I wonder about PLD only because it would only cost 1/3 and LA would save a ton of cap space but I doubt because LA would be paying him for 14 years.

Those are the names that come to mind for me.

Who you got?

rea

Feb 8, 2011
The buyout window opens next Saturday if I'm not mistaken and every year there are a few buyouts so who hits the market early this year?

I know that Philadelphia is thinking about buying out both Cam Atkinson and Cal Peterson.

I wonder about Josh Norris in Ottawa because that contract is just awful.

I also wonder about Merzlikns in Columbus, I know that there are a few Columbus fans on this board that think that's going to happen, and if it does that would be somebody I'd be interested in, I believe Merzlikns is a good goalie on a very very bad team.

I wonder about PLD only because it would only cost 1/3 and LA would save a ton of cap space but I doubt because LA would be paying him for 14 years.

Those are the names that come to mind for me.

Who you got?
Imagine signing a large longterm contract, only to be bought out and paid 2/3s of it for free, and then signing w another team and get paid also? Man that's the dream I tell u

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Imagine signing a large longterm contract, only to be bought out and paid 2/3s of it for free, and then signing w another team and get paid also? Man that's the dream I tell u

He would get 16 million or so from a buyout right? So basically 24 million for one season of hockey not bad at all

Reactions: rea

rea

Feb 8, 2011
He would get 16 million or so from a buyout right? So basically 24 million for one season of hockey not bad at all
Could you imagine going to your work, and them saying, listen, we are letting you go, but here's 2/3 of your salary for the next 7 years cuz u suck at your job. 😂

Pionk? really?
If pionk gets bought out, man every team be on that lol.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
When did it become a thing to say Josh Norris is bad?

He's not a bad player, he just can't stay healthy. He reminds me of Boeser who people called bad, but just couldn't play 75-82 games. Suddenly, he plays a full season and is good. If Norris can play a full season at some stage, he'll score 50-70 points and he's worth $8m, especially with the cap going up. If the shoulder injury has ruined him, he'll just go on LTIR.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
When did it become a thing to say Josh Norris is bad?

He's not a bad player, he just can't stay healthy. He reminds me of Boeser who people called bad, but just couldn't play 75-82 games. Suddenly, he plays a full season and is good. If Norris can play a full season at some stage, he'll score 50-70 points and he's worth $8m, especially with the cap going up. If the shoulder injury has ruined him, he'll just go on LTIR.

Nobody has said Josh Norris is bad.

Now read the 2nd line you wrote.

That's the problem.

Look Up

Let me tell you about my Celica again
Oct 3, 2013
4ede3c49eb2a3f099f1ce868bbfe7c0f.jpg

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
KK Kome on Down
With Guentzel leaving and Necas possibly leaving via trade, I no longer think it's likely Kotkaniemi gets the buyout just yet. The cap crunch isn't as acute as it was and we have time to see if he turns it around.

He's an adequate 3C already on a team that has bottom-6 Cs to spare and the contract will be a bargain for a good 3C within a few years. He's just completely redundant here; we really needed him to be a 2C...and he's not.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Imagine you're a player and just don't want to play the game anymore.

Suck for a season and just go home and live off your buyout.

Reactions: rea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad