• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I voted for Stutzle, but I’ll be very happy with Byfield. It sounds like Stutzle is able to play in the AHL and NHL next year. But given the complete unknown about minor / junior league schedules next season, having to wait on Byfield may sting less than normal.

Looking at him now, Byfield looks like the guy who works better for LA as a franchise. I can see this kid turning into a big deal in LA. Grow the fan base kind of player. And when he’s 24-26, with all the other prospects, we could be looking at a juggernaut.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Question I've heard Yzerman just loves Stutzle. Would LA trade down to 4 and draft Drysdale and pick up some extra pieces. Would make sense if Yzerman wants to get ahead of Ottawa and get his guy. What would be an acceptable package if this was an option?

LA currently has plenty of mid-tier prospects and is consensually rated on top 5 for prospects in the NHL. They need high end talent at this point and trading down is unlikely.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Byfield was a non factor at the World Juniors. That did not help his ranking in a year where junior hockey was shut down early.

FYI - Tim Stützle was amazing at the World Juniors.

Having said that, Stützle got to show his stuff on a German team that wasn't very good while Byfield had to wait his turn on a Canadian team that won Gold.

Visitor here.

Fans really shouldn't put much weigh on World Juniors
some players look (or have better world juniors) what they actually are and vise versa.

Besides, Byfield played a super small role for team Canada, 4th line minutes
and no PP time. - its impossible to get to the rhythm with minutes like that.

Byfield >> Stutzle

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
DET fan here, just curious if LA have a specific team need? How deep are y'all on centers?
We need toilet paper
Rubbing alcohol is hard to find but we won't overpay
We are good on chicken and pork
We are willing to trade pork for beef
We are open to excersize equipment
No Eminen albums!

We will never say no to hookers that taste like cigarettes

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Unfortunately their time together got cut short. Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me if they won a cup together. That line was insanely dominant. We haven't had a line like that JAZ line since those guys go sidelined with injuries.

I mean, Brown-Kopitar-Williams was pretty damn good in 2012.

Reactions: Rusty Batch

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
I went and reread Pronman's player reviews of Byfield and Stutzle (which include many video clips), and it solidified Byfield as my choice. It's honestly incredible how good his hands and edges are at top speed. He's not the type of choice where you're giving up something like hockey IQ to covet size. He's got it all.

I also get way too excited thinking about a future Kings team where Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi are all learning from Kopitar.
Maybe they can learn how not to s*it the bed for stretches at a time.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Unfortunately their time together got cut short. Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me if they won a cup together. That line was insanely dominant. We haven't had a line like that JAZ line since those guys go sidelined with injuries.
I think that team was a lot further away from being a contender than you think.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Hard to say looking back, but if they pull out that series against Colorado in 2001 they steamroll St. Louis and make the final. I remember watching game 2 in Vegas and there were a couple shit calls that really swung that game, if they go up 2-0 they would have had a stranglehold on it. They weren't traditional contenders but they were an above average team that could get hot.

Reactions: The Pale King

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

Those battles with the juggernauts of the time were amazing, I think they were a lot closer than you think. It may be royal blue colored glasses, but they fought hard.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I think Byfield is who they go with. If Ottawa really wants him and dangles #3 & #5 though, I definitely listen. I don't think he's that far ahead of the others.

Reactions: The Pale King

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Those battles with the juggernauts of the time were amazing, I think they were a lot closer than you think. It may be royal blue colored glasses, but they fought hard.
The team with Allison, Palffy, and Deadmarsh lost in round 1 in 7 games to Colorado. They never made it past the first round. They missed the playoffs in each of the following two seasons leading up to the strike. The Kings being contenders with Allison, Palffy, and Deadmarsh was just an illusion. That team didn't have the depth required to contend.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
DET fan here, just curious if LA have a specific team need? How deep are y'all on centers?

Top end talent, particularly at wing as a need.

Very deep at center with Vilardi and Turcotte in the pipeline, with Anderson-Dolan also projecting to be a bottom-six center. And they have other centers who may be better at wing (like Kupari, Madden, Thomas).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad