OT: Which threads blow you away? The great jersey debate

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Worth noting that Creamer also posted the red jersey will not be worn this year and will be replaced with something new (likely, the Stadium Series, which I have heard will double as our 25th anniversary look).

We also have a Reverse Retro, which really could go anywhere given that we don't have a red jersey this year.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'll just leave this here. I'm all for the flag logo becoming the primary logo. Frankly I'm at the point where I think the swirl just seems, dated. I'll still rock it but now IMO is the time for change, if they want to go that route and it appears there's interest in doing so.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Ok, so now that we know the red is being (temporarily?) retired and the black is promoted to alternate, I assume this means we are going black helmets and breezers full time this year. In reality, probably should have guessed this was coming when they tried them out with the white and red uniforms last year to see if they worked. Personal opinion, they worked with the red, didn't work with the white, and I think we'll need a white set revamped to align with the blacks. So lets just do this:

CanesNewUniforms23.png

If they don't, my best guess is that the standard black uniform will be the home look while this is our away:

Not gonna lie, they remind me too much of Team Canada

cropped_GettyImages-524115572.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Ok, so now that we know the red is being (temporarily?) retired and the black is promoted to alternate, I assume this means we are going black helmets and breezers full time this year. In reality, probably should have guessed this was coming when they tried them out with the white and red uniforms last year to see if they worked. Personal opinion, they worked with the red, didn't work with the white, and I think we'll need a white set revamped to align with the blacks. So lets just do this:

View attachment 579018

If they don't, my best guess is that the standard black uniform will be the home look while this is our away:

Not gonna lie, they remind me too much of Team Canada

cropped_GettyImages-524115572.jpg

You’re right about the whites and the Team Canada vibes. I think it would look ok with the current jersey but change the socks somehow.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
There's just not enough black in that canes jersey for the black pants to really work. Even those team Canada kits had black names, a big part of the leaf logo was black and the stripes around the red seem slightly thicker

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
There's just not enough black in that canes jersey for the black pants to really work. Even those team Canada kits had black names, a big part of the leaf logo was black and the stripes around the red seem slightly thicker
I actually thought it worked a lot better with the reds than the white jersey. The white with those black pants just doesn't look right at all. If we really are going black pants (and no reason to think we'd wear black pants at home and red on the road) then they really should scrap it and redesign.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I actually thought it worked a lot better with the reds than the white jersey. The white with those black pants just doesn't look right at all. If we really are going black pants (and no reason to think we'd wear black pants at home and red on the road) then they really should scrap it and redesign.
Agree 1000%. Even something like filling in the bottom of the sleeves in black like the original jerseys (like from the red stripe down to the bottom in black) would make a huge difference in tying the room together

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Wardrobe Change: Canes Make Black Jersey Primary On Home Ice

The 25th season in North Carolina will usher in a new era though, as the team officially announced Thursday that the club will be wearing what had been their black, alternate 'Hurricane Warning' sweaters as their lead choice.
"We take pride in listening to feedback from our fans and we've seen overwhelming requests over the past couple of seasons asking to make our current black sweaters our primary home uniforms to see them more frequently on the ice," Canes Chief Marketing Officer Mike Forman said. "Our retail sales also reflect these being our most popular sweaters and each year when we've tasked our players to decide which home uniform, as they can only select one per round, they'd like to wear at home for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, there's been near-unanimous selections for the black sweaters."

"Our red sweater still plays a vital role in our team's tradition and in celebrating our 25th anniversary in North Carolina, we've identified a number of ways to look back at the past while also focusing on the current team and what we are continuing to build towards. We will release a full uniform schedule in the coming weeks but we think our fan base is really going to like how this will all come to fruition this season."

Reactions: Sigurd

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Worth noting that Creamer also posted the red jersey will not be worn this year and will be replaced with something new (likely, the Stadium Series, which I have heard will double as our 25th anniversary look).

We also have a Reverse Retro, which really could go anywhere given that we don't have a red jersey this year.
Interesting. I'd be thrilled with the Stadium series being our alternate jersey, or something similar, and in addition, this has been the ideal scenario for me with the black jerseys becoming our home jerseys. I wonder if they'll change the away jersey this season to match the new home jersey.
Good to see they're listening to/considering fan feedback, and interesting the alternate jersey has been the best selling jersey. I figured the players liked/loved the jersey.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What if the reverse retro or stadium jersey is the original red base with flag waist and the Tuffy inspired Stormy on the front? I might ascend beyond this physical realm

Just so everyone knows what we are talking about....

For the record, at least UNC and ECU have similar logos in their history so I wouldn't necessarily tie it together with Tuffy.

That said, I did see shirts for sale with that logo on the chest before CarolinaProShop went offline. Usually the Winter Classic is the outdoor game that tries to go with old timey fauxback looks, so this might be part of the anniversary jersey.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I was obsessed with the leaked stadium series jerseys, so holding out hope they keep a very similar design.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
For the record, at least UNC and ECU have similar logos in their history so I wouldn't necessarily tie it together with Tuffy.
Like 2/3 of the big schools in the country have similar logos that were all drawn by the same dude (or at least the same dude's associates).

Pretty neat story

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Just so everyone knows what we are talking about....

That said, I did see shirts for sale with that logo on the chest before CarolinaProShop went offline. Usually the Winter Classic is the outdoor game that tries to go with old timey fauxback looks, so this might be part of the anniversary jersey.

Already the best logo in franchise history and it hasn't been used yet.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I can’t do photoshop but what if our outdoor Jersey honored both the red and black Jersey and logo. Left half of the jersey being black with on flag in the center and the right side red with half the Hurricane logo next to the flag.? Or something along those lines.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
How do you know unless you can see it, another idea would be black with red shoulders or red with black shoulders
All half and half jerseys are terrible. They sound like they could be good, but they all look awful in real life.

Black with red shoulders could be interesting. Would probably need a white trim around the shoulders like we have the red stripe around the grey shoulders on the current black.

Black shoulders on the red jersey? Sure, if you don't mind looking like New Jersey.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
If it were up to me I'd just ditch the grey shoulders and keep that area black. Once they're moving around it doesn't read as two different colors just as an extraneous red stripe

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
All half and half jerseys are terrible. They sound like they could be good, but they all look awful in real life.

Black with red shoulders could be interesting. Would probably need a white trim around the shoulders like we have the red stripe around the grey shoulders on the current black.

Black shoulders on the red jersey? Sure, if you don't mind looking like New Jersey.
Pretty much exactly my thoughts. They always suck. And when the jerseys and/or logos are quite different, it would be even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad