Which team is going to overachieve this year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Got tired of my annual picking of Detroit, Buffalo, and Ottawa. All three will be good, but in terms of overachieving I'm going with Montreal.

Reactions: Heldig

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Devils sure, but how is Buffalo in a similar position?
Buffalo is in a very similar position to us. They are a young, skilled team, perennial underachievers who draft in the top 10 most years, look to have a good young goalie on the horizon in UPL, and, a strong defensive core with Dahlin, Power, Byram. They barely missed the playoffs in the last 2 years. How could Ottawa not be in a similar position when Buffalo has been above Ottawa in the standings since the 2018-2019 season.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I think Detroit is a better team than people think. It’ll be marked as overachieving for now but I think they finally break out and people see it this year.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
It's plausible, but there are plenty of other teams in a similar position, namely NJ and Buffalo who will most certainly rebound from last year.
Buffalo certainly rebound? Rebound from what? They haven't made the playoffs in forever. And them not sucking is FAR from a certainty.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
There's always a team every year that over achieves. They catch all the breaks, remain healthy throughout the season and get a lot of bounces their way. Who will it be this year?
There's no such thing as over achieving. You can as an individual or as a team either perform to the max of your ability or not. It's literally impossible to perform over your ability

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I say Ottawa.

Not sure how people feel about New Jersey but I feel like they are poised for a hell of a regular season!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I could see Utah in the west

In the east, I don’t really know. I don’t know if NJ counts since last year was a down year. I think for teams like Buffalo, Ottawa, Detroit, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
Pick your choice between the 4 Atlantic teams last year that did not make the playoffs. One, slight chance at 2, make the playoffs is my guess.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
...and they signed Nick Cousins
:eek2:

That alone makes me root against ‘em more. The league doesn’t need the guy. The champs? They said they didn’t need him in the ultimate games, didn’t wanna re-sign his punk ass. And Ottawa is like “loser from a winner, hell ya brother!” I wish him infinite stubbed toes and personal dissatisfaction.

Oh, and Buffalo. Just like every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad