Which team drafted better?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DarthMaster09

May 16, 2022
Which team drafted better since 2022, the Flyers or Canadiens? Montreal drafted Slafkovsky, Reinbacher and Demidov as their top picks. On the other hand, Philadelphia drafted Gauthier, Michkov and Luchanko as their top picks. Which team has the brighter future and who has the higher ceiling, Demidov or Michkov? In 2019, the Flyers passed on Caufield and got York instead. Montreal won taking Caufield but then in 2023, Montreal passed on Michkov and took the questionable Reinbacher instead. Philly ended up getting offensive dynamo Michkov. Kent Hughes redeemed himself by taking Demidov in 2024. What do you think of all this? I forgot to mention, Montreal stole Lane Hutson in 2022, he's going to be a near point per game defenseman, something that the Flyers don't have. On top of this, Montreal drafted a potential franchise goalie in Fowler in 2023.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
tough to say

Montreal had picks 1, 5 and 5
Philly had picks 5, 7 , 13

I think michkov is the best of the group, but luchenko is prob the worst.

Prob slight edge to Montreal now, can change in the future tho….

Reactions: Evergreen

DarthMaster09

May 16, 2022
tough to say

Flyers traded Gauthier who was pretty good, Montreal might have the edge here unless Michkov is really that good.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Flyers traded Gauthier who was pretty good, Montreal might have the edge here unless Michkov is really that good.
I think it’s really between luchenko vs Reinbacher

Michkov > Demidov
Gauthier < Slafkovsky
Luchenko < Reinbacher
- but I feel the most unsure about the last 1. First 2 are undebatable right now

I also was taking to account where their picks are,
Average pick for Montreal is around 4
Average pick for Philly is around 8

DarthMaster09

May 16, 2022
I think it’s really between luchenko vs Reinbacher

Michkov > Demidov
Gauthier < Slafkovsky
Luchenko < Reinbacher
- but I feel the most unsure about the last 1. First 2 are undebatable right now

I also was taking to account where their picks are,
Average pick for Montreal is around 4
Average pick for Philly is around 8
As a big Habs fan, I was disappointed that they missed Eiserman by 1 pick but do you think that Hage has just as high upside as Eiserman?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As a big Habs fan, I was disappointed that they missed Eiserman by 1 pick but do you think that Hage has just as high upside as Eiserman?
I prefer Eiserman, I think he has legit top 6 potential(maybe top line).

I see hage as a middle 6 guy, still like the pick for Montreal

DarthMaster09

May 16, 2022
I prefer Eiserman, I think he has legit top 6 potential(maybe top line).

I see hage as a middle 6 guy, still like the pick for Montreal
I think Montreal have a brighter future than Philadelphia honestly. Besides Michkov, the Flyers don't have any other intriguing prospect. Montreal has Demidov, Reinbacher, Hutson, Fowler on top of having a top line with Suzuki, Caufield and Slafkovsky. They also have Dach as a solid second line center. Do you think this team can win the cup in the next few years?

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
I think Montreal have a brighter future than Philadelphia honestly. Besides Michkov, the Flyers don't have any other intriguing prospect. Montreal has Demidov, Reinbacher, Hutson, Fowler on top of having a top line with Suzuki, Caufield and Slafkovsky. They also have Dach as a solid second line center. Do you think this team can win the cup in the next few years?

Philly does have Morgan Frost who according to Flyers fans is better than Suzuki.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Oh I agree…. Philly is kinda in a weird spot…. Montreal in a much better situation…. Might be a little time to let the prospects season tho

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Eiserman lower floor, higher ceiling, but Hage is could be something all-around special.

Montreal has been drafting top 5. They better be good.

Oh we did shit the bed all right two times already with top-5 picks with Galchenyuk and Kotkaniemi, but this time it looks different.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
tough to say

Michkov over Slafkovsky? No way, maybe at their respctive draft time, maybe. But now, I don't see any argument. Specially just after these playoffs.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I see it like this :

Slafkovsky > Michkov
Reinbacher = Gauthier
Demidov >> Luchanko

I really like Luchanko and don't think it's a bad pick or that much of a reach. I was hoping he'd be there at 21 but I'm happy with Hage as well. That being said , Demidov is probably 2 tier above in pure talent.

Considering Flyers have drafter lower overall. Both teams drafted good imo.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Michkov over Slafkovsky? No way, maybe at their respctive draft time, maybe. But now, I don't see any argument. Specially just after these playoffs.
I was going off time of draft rankings but I suppose michkov vs slaf varies depending on team

From ducks standpoint I’d rather have slaf, but I think michkov ends up better player

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I was going off time of draft rankings but I suppose michkov vs slaf varies depending on team

From ducks standpoint I’d rather have slaf, but I think michkov ends up better player
Mishkov does not defend.

Gauthier, you can replace him with Drysdale, a defender who doesn't defend either.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Pure talent is the only thing I'd put Michkov ahead of Slaf in.

Size, skating, style of play, character, defense. I guess it depends if you value points and highlights more than wins and playoffs success. I do believe Michkov will be a good player, but a slightly better version of Caufield.

Mishkov does not defend.

Gauthier, you can replace him with Drysdale, a defender who doesn't defend either.
Best defense is offense 👀

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Pure talent is the only thing I'd put Michkov ahead of Slaf in.

Size, skating, style of play, character, defense. I guess it depends if you value points and highlights more than wins and playoffs success. I do believe Michkov will be a good player, but a slightly better version of Caufield.

Best defense is offense 👀
Not in hockey. To attack you have to win the battle for control of the puck so first invest in the game rather than waiting for it to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad