Speculation: Where does Swayman’s Cap Hit Land?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is Swayman’s new AAV?

• $6m

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • $7m

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • $8m

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • $9m

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • $10m

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • $11m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $12m+

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Assuming they get a deal done, where does Swayman’s number fall?

According to New York Post’s Mollie Walker, “there’s reason to believe that Shesterkin’s camp is aiming for as high as $12 million a year.” That equates to roughly 13 percent of the cap and would be in the same ballpark as past contracts to Carey Price (14 percent of the cap), Henrik Lundqvist (13.2 percent) and Sergei Bobrovsky(12.3 percent).

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
$9M. Rask’s big deal was signed at about Swayman’s current age and his value around the league at the time was similar to where Swayman is now. Rask’s deal at today’s cap would be a $9.5M AAV (10.89% against a $88M cap).

Reactions: Bleached

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The Saros deal made it interesting. But Tennessee is a no state tax state, so since conversion will be in order. I still say 8x$8.25-$8.5M

Reactions: NDiesel

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
What if another team had a ton of money. Let’s say 28 million and have 8 picks in the first two rounds over the first 2 rounds in the next 3 drafts. Could we see an offer sheet coming from out west?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
What if another team had a ton of money. Let’s say 28 million and have 8 picks in the first two rounds over the first 2 rounds in the next 3 drafts. Could we see an offer sheet coming from out west?
I'd be surprised. I'm sure it'd be tempting within the division/conference as with Linus gone we basically have to match anything. It'd be really annoying if a team came in with something like ~9m.

Swayman also has to sign it in the first place. Not sure he'd want to handicap and piss off his team and fans for 7 years when he's going to get paid regardless. Unless he's a great actor, he's been nothing but humble for his entire time here.

I think he'll land at $7.5m/8. He's earned it and will only look better as the years go on.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
7 years 6.2 million per.
Guy is a great goalie but anything more not having played 50 regular season games yet is overpayment. Sweeney usually surprises us with his re-signings. I have faith he'll keep it below 7. I also have faith it's a done deal. No way he trades ullmark if they haven't agreed in principle.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
8 years? ~7
4 years? ~5/6

Shesterkin is a class above and Saros who is a more established goalie went for under 8.

He proved he could be the guy in the POs last year but that was after a restful season of 40 games, how does he handle 50-65 starts? Long term in the 7s is probably the goal, I could see swayman's camp pushing for 5-6 mil on 4 years, and with all the holes to fill and the cap being 100-110 in 4 years time I think Sweeny takes it. And I wouldn't be opposed.

Shesterkin will kill any chance the rangers have at being competitive signing for 12-13 mil

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
It's a pipe dream to get Sway signed at around 7 long term. With the cap trending up I think we're looking at coser to 9 if it lands in a long term (7/8 year) deal and I see no reason why either party would like a shorter term.

Along with Pasta and McAvoy he's (one of) the face(s) of the franchise and an vital part of the core now, have to get this done ASAP.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think if it was less than 8, they would have come to an agreement already
This is what scares me . I may be wrong but I get the impression Swayman is a player that is very much about getting the very most he can . You will not see any home town discount. If an agreement has not been reached yet it straps Don in how much he can spend on free agents

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
8 or thereabouts. A medium-term deal perhaps that gives him and the team some security but allows Sway to really cash in when he's in his prime.

Wish it could be a bit less, but that's the way things are trending and I've seen no evidence that Jez is a 'team-friendly deal' kind of guy. To be fair, very very few are there days.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Two ways Bruins last 20 years been doing this
2/1 split
50/50 (we just saw)

When one guy your number one he’s targeted ‘twice a week’ the back up ‘once a week’

Bruins like but are not married to a veteran

But

All indications point to Korpisolo will be the backup playing once a week in a he Halak model ~ 27 or 1/3 games

Swayman will get 55 or a 2/3 workload

Saros just played back to back 64 game seasons but that’s not where Bruins want to go

The Bruins want their second guy to have experience and some success

The % in past of how they did this would put Korpisolo at around 3 M & Swayman 7 M

My belief is they will go 7 M could climb around 7.5 M

They probably want a 10 M ish G expense

Ideal
Sway 7 M 55 games
Korpi 3 M 27 games
Bussi in minors playing regularly

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Two ways Bruins last 20 years been doing this
2/1 split
50/50 (we just saw)

When one guy your number one he’s targeted ‘twice a week’ the back up ‘once a week’

Bruins like but are not married to a veteran

But

All indications point to Korpisolo will be the backup playing once a week in a he Halak model ~ 27 or 1/3 games

Swayman will get 55 or a 2/3 workload

Saros just played back to back 64 game seasons but that’s not where Bruins want to go

The Bruins want their second guy to have experience and some success

The % in past of how they did this would put Korpisolo at around 3 M & Swayman 7 M

My belief is they will go 7 M could climb around 7.5 M

They probably want a 10 M ish G expense

Ideal
Sway 7 M 55 games
Korpi 3 M 27 games
Bussi in minors playing regularly

Agree with most of this, but just to be pedantic Halak wasn't far off splitting the net 50/50 with Rask. You have to go back to the Khudobin and Gustavsson days for when Tuuk was really carrying a bigger load. So it's been a little while since the Bruins really ran hard with one guy. But no reason why they can't do so again now, and Sway seems very much up for it.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hellebuyck deal. Not sure why Sweeney can't put this to bed before free agency so he knows what he has.

Here is his deal basically - should be less as Saros is 4 years older and played 30 % more games

If we are being fair not emotional because we all want our children to be like Sway or have our daughters marry him
8X7 M

He does not have resume or success of Saros

Yes I love Swayman like my pets

I’m just not bending over unless it’s my doctor for a prostate exam (which is fast and easy for all you scaredy cats out there)

Flossing is longer and more painful

Reactions: kalahari

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
8 or thereabouts. A medium-term deal perhaps that gives him and the team some security but allows Sway to really cash in when he's in his prime.

Wish it could be a bit less, but that's the way things are trending and I've seen no evidence that Jez is a 'team-friendly deal' kind of guy. To be fair, very very few are there days.
Not after they trashed him in arbitration.

“It’s all based on statistics,” Swayman said. “The comparables are different from what you want to hear. Some of the things they pull up aren’t necessarily true, for that matter.”

not thrilled the Providence demotion either

“How did I respond? You know what I’m saying?” Swayman asked when reminded of his AHL assignment. “That’s the stuff that I’ve really got to take advantage of, when I get faced with this adversity. Because that’s just my mental outlook. I’m so fortunate to be in the situation that I am. There’s no bad days in this league.”

It's simple, 8/68.

Here is his deal basically - should be less as Saros is 4 years older and played 30 % more games

If we are being fair not emotional because we all want our children to be like Sway or have our daughters marry him
8X7 M

He does not have resume or success of Saros

Yes I love Swayman like my pets

I’m just not bending over unless it’s my doctor for a prostate exam (which is fast and easy for all you scaredy cats out there)

Flossing is longer and more painful
he would be selling himself short IMO. He's 25 and could play 60-65 games IMO. No reason to nickel and dime he with the rising cap. He's a core piece and should be given the same type deals as Mac and Pasta got It's infuriating he overpays for Peeke's or Korpi's but would try to squeeze Swayman (if that's what is happening)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not after they trashed him in arbitration.

“It’s all based on statistics,” Swayman said. “The comparables are different from what you want to hear. Some of the things they pull up aren’t necessarily true, for that matter.”

not thrilled the Providence demotion either

“How did I respond? You know what I’m saying?” Swayman asked when reminded of his AHL assignment. “That’s the stuff that I’ve really got to take advantage of, when I get faced with this adversity. Because that’s just my mental outlook. I’m so fortunate to be in the situation that I am. There’s no bad days in this league.”

It's simple, 8/68.

he would be selling himself short IMO. He's 25 and could play 60-65 games IMO. No reason to nickel and dime he with the rising cap. He's a core piece and should be given the same type deals as Mac and Pasta got It's infuriating he overpays for Peeke's or Korpi's but would try to squeeze Swayman (if that's what is happening)
Swayman has been gushing over Bruins

He wants to stay here

We all say shit in the heat of the moment lol

I bet 8x7.5 60 M

Lock

I’m a quality of life first not a greedy prick and Swayman personality and how perception is similar to myself

I’d take 8/60 M

Sway should as well

lou go check trade block - first of many for me today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad