OT: Where do the Sens rank in the Atlantic for 2024-2025?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
1. Montreal - Crammed with talents and exciting team.
2. Toronto - Lot of stars and more interesting moments.
3. Tampa Bay - They sold veteran Stamkos but have points winner Kucherov left and good first center Point left at least.
4. Florida - Previous this summer, a champion team. Several stars left.
5. Detroit - Fine forwards and goalies competitors to Florida and Ottawa to SC round.
6. Ottawa - Will fight for SC round.
7. Boston - Even old top clubs can miss the playoffs.
8. Buffalo - Little of a good team. Last place.
Stopped reading after #1, take your list to your forum.

Reactions: Dionysus and bert

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
1. Montreal - Crammed with talents and exciting team.
2. Toronto - Lot of stars and more interesting moments.
3. Tampa Bay - They sold veteran Stamkos but have points winner Kucherov left and good first center Point left at least.
4. Florida - Previous this summer, a champion team. Several stars left.
5. Detroit - Fine forwards and goalies competitors to Florida and Ottawa to SC round.
6. Ottawa - Will fight for SC round.
7. Boston - Even old top clubs can miss the playoffs.
8. Buffalo - Little of a good team. Last place.

snoopy-funny-lol-ueiyv4xcosm5d8vy.gif

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Ottawa is going to finish 6th in the division and 9th in the conference. It will be tight though, I actually dont really see anyone running away with it outside of Toronto. I think this is Toronto's year if they dont do it now that could be the window.

Florida lost alot on the back end and is coming off of two big runs so they wont be the hands down best team in the regular season. Come playoff time thats likely a different story. If they have a first round exit look out for them next year, they will have more cap space to address the D core and the team will have had a lengthy summer.

This is how I see the regular season

1. Toronto 105
2. Boston 100
3. Florida 98
4. Buffalo 97
5. Tampa 96
6. Ottawa 93
7. Detroit 87
8. Montreal 86

Very little is going to separate 2 from 8 probably 15 or less points. The teams that squeak out the most loser points are gonna get in.

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Tampa got older and slower with McDonagh, but Guentzel makes them better on ES. TBL will make the playoffs behind TML, Boston and Florida, but they'll go as far as Vasy carries them.

On paper we've improved more than Detroit and Buffalo, but the 3 of us are fighting to be 5th best in the division lol

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Personally the addition of Linus Ullmark makes the Sens a top 5 team in the division I would rank them 4-5 I think they will reach the 90pts plateau and if everything comes together they could finished top 3 here. The Atlantic is tough division so its gonna be a challenge but I think with a real solid goaltender and a new coach I think there's every reason to be optimistic

Reactions: LiseL

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think Ottawa is going to finish 6th in the division and 9th in the conference. It will be tight though, I actually dont really see anyone running away with it outside of Toronto. I think this is Toronto's year if they dont do it now that could be the window.

Florida lost alot on the back end and is coming off of two big runs so they wont be the hands down best team in the regular season. Come playoff time thats likely a different story. If they have a first round exit look out for them next year, they will have more cap space to address the D core and the team will have had a lengthy summer.

1. Toronto 105
2. Boston 100
3. Florida 98
4. Buffalo 97
5. Tampa 96
6. Ottawa 93
7. Detroit 87
8. Montreal 86

Very little is going to separate 2 from 8 probably 15 or less points. The teams that squeak out the most loser points are gonna get in.
Switch Buffalo with Ottawa and we have a deal
I don't like Sabres goaltending UPL and Reimer/Levy ain't gonna cut it

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean I'd love that! I just really think they have a talented fast deep roster. They still finished ok last year while getting ravaged with injuries. They have a stocked pipeline of prospects and young players. I like Ullmark more than UPL but their D core is way better than Ottawas. UPL is also still very solid.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That seems a bit rich for him, but maximum chaos, maybe offersheet Raymond at the same time!
Getting a RD of Seider pedigree at 11.45M AAV in a rising cap world is great, for 2 x 1sts + 2nd + 3rd.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Getting a RD of Seider pedigree at 11.45M AAV in a rising cap world is great, for 2 x 1sts + 2nd + 3rd.
That would make him the highest paid Dman in the league (well, technically Karlsson is, but a portion of his contract was retained).

I don't think Seider will ever be the best Dman in the league, not even close. I like him a lot, he's probably going to get some Norris consideration at some point, but I wouldn't be happy with that deal. When Dahlin signed at 11 mil, he had a 73 pts season under his belt to put it in perspective.

Reactions: Xspyrit

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I mean I'd love that! I just really think they have a talented fast deep roster. They still finished ok last year while getting ravaged with injuries. They have a stocked pipeline of prospects and young players. I like Ullmark more than UPL but their D core is way better than Ottawas. UPL is also still very solid.
They have a good team it's just their goaltenders in my opinion he's not good enough, If they had a Ullmark type goaltender I would rank them top 3 easy, I do like their forwards and D. They have a solid team

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

1. Toronto 105
2. Boston 100
3. Florida 98
4. Buffalo 97
5. Tampa 96
6. Ottawa 93
7. Detroit 87
8. Montreal 86

I'm pretty sure that it mathematically wouldn't work... these modest results but the Atlantic occupies (at least) 6 of the top-9 spots in the conference?

Tampa got older and slower with McDonagh, but Guentzel makes them better on ES. TBL will make the playoffs behind TML, Boston and Florida, but they'll go as far as Vasy carries them.

On paper we've improved more than Detroit and Buffalo, but the 3 of us are fighting to be 5th best in the division lol

We haven't improved at all except in goal, if the coaching is finally efficient defensively.

Tarasenko + Joseph + Kelly + Chychrun + Brannstrom vs Perron + Amadio + Gregor + Jensen + Kleven (but in fact it means more Hamonic)

My hope in improvement comes from Norris/Chabot/Stutzle health and coaching to be at least as efficient as the Sens were under JM (and of course goaltending)

UPL was pretty solid last season. Reimer is experienced and a solid back-up. And we know Levi has high potential

You think our goaltending situation is better?

Reactions: Sensators

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
They have a good team it's just their goaltenders in my opinion he's not good enough, If they had a Ullmark type goaltender I would rank them top 3 easy, I do like their forwards and D. They have a solid team
Seems like you are underrating UPL, and perhaps aren’t really following Buffalo that closely (it happens).

As for longer term prospects, let’s hope that Ullmark re-signs, because if he doesn’t, we are facing the goaltender challenge yet again next summer. The news that he bought a house is encouraging though (just read that).

Tampa got older and slower with McDonagh, but Guentzel makes them better on ES.
He’s still a pretty solid defender nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: bicboi64 and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that it mathematically wouldn't work... these modest results but the Atlantic occupies (at least) 6 of the top-9 spots in the conference?

We haven't improved at all except in goal, if the coaching is finally efficient defensively.

Tarasenko + Joseph + Kelly + Chychrun + Brannstrom vs Perron + Amadio + Gregor + Jensen + Kleven (but in fact it means more Hamonic)

My hope in improvement comes from Norris/Chabot/Stutzle health and coaching to be at least as efficient as the Sens were under JM (and of course goaltending)

UPL was pretty solid last season. Reimer is experienced and a solid back-up. And we know Levi has high potential

You think our goaltending situation is better?
Math works just fine the only teams ahead of Ottawa in the Metro are Rangers, Canes and Devils. The east is deep but light in top end teams. I dont think were gonna see a team in the entire east below 75 points.

Dont agree at all. This version if the team is actually built with winning hockey games in mind not a video game where you accumulate the most possible talent. The younger players are a year older and they get an entire season of Pinto. Kleven is an upgrade on Brannstrom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dionysus and Masked

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Math works just fine the only teams ahead of Ottawa in the Atlantic are Rangers, Canes and Devils. The east is deep but light in top end teams. I dont think were gonna see a team in the entire east below 75 points.

Dont agree at all. This version if the team is actually built with winning hockey games in mind not a video game where you accumulate the most possible talent.
That's how I see it. The team has improved in more areas and as a whole than just the massive goaltending upgrade on Korpisalo imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad