Where do the Rangers go from here?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007
Panarin had 5g 10a for 15 it's in 16 games. Only player to score in this elimination game. 4 game winning goals.

That's not dead weight.

Rangers could benefit from moving on from Zibenejad and Trouba. It's time to shake up the core. They've had numerous chances. I love Adam Fox, but he has been a major letdown in the playoffs compared to the other elite defense men like Makar or Heiskenen.
Points aren’t everything but when Panarin isn’t even getting his (which he wasn’t this series) he’s a liability on the ice because his lack of awareness and physical play.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Technically correct, but let's not play dumb. MO is the one that is the one that everyone talks and refers to.
Technically correct, but both KS and MO claim KC as their own. And yes the Chiefs and Royals play in MO and the Sprint Center where a hockey team would play is in MO but both teams may end up in KS soon. Johnson County, MO voted down a sales tax to fund new stadiums and both teams are contemplating a move to the Legends outdoor mall in KS where Sporting KC play and the race track is. Plus, most players live on the KS side.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
So yet another coach will certainly prevent another long scoring drought for Panarin. Maybe its time to accept that doing well vs the caps isnt the same as doing well vs actual contenders
Well he 6 points v Carolina and 4 points v Florida.

He went at most two games without a point in 16 games. Not exactly a long scoring drought.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Panarin had a very bad game 6 up until the goal imo, but for the entire series I thought he was fine. Zibanejad seemed cooked after the Burns hit in the Canes series but he's gone ghosting before in the past. They're in a weird spot, they'll be good as long as they have Shesterkin but the backend needs a facelift. Fox is the only one who can consistently move the puck and he was on one leg this playoffs

Reactions: Guttersniped

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Rangers are in very good shape once they get past next season. They will be very active come July 2025. It’s one of the worst kept secrets in NHL circles that theyre gearing up to take a run at draisaitl. And while people wanna pretend all agents dont talk to GM’s ahead of time, I wish I could be that trustworthy and naive.

Come July 2025 the rangers likely no longer have Kreider, Trouba, Goodrow, Kakko, Chytil, Lindgren and possibly panarin. They cant get rid of mika because the NMC

Lafreniere-Draisaitl-Perrault
Panarin-Mika-Boeser
Cuylle-Trocheck-Berard
Othmann-Rempe-Edstrom

Kandre-Fox
Shea Theodore-Schneider
Jones- Vet 6D

Igor
Garand

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
Rangers gameplan

Depend on your goalie

Try to win with second line forwards and no real star player

repeat.gif

And no, Artemi "don't show up in the playoffs" Panarin doesn't count as a star player.

Reactions: Chinaski89

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
We won't change a damn thing aside from getting another year older with a core already past its prime.

i hope Igor leaves after his contractis up for a team that can win the cup (see also: not owned by James Dolan).

Here's to 30 years of futility and counting.

Reactions: Galvatron

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Rangers are in very good shape once they get past next season. They will be very active come July 2025. It’s one of the worst kept secrets in NHL circles that theyre gearing up to take a run at draisaitl. And while people wanna pretend all agents dont talk to GM’s ahead of time, I wish I could be that trustworthy and naive.

Come July 2025 the rangers likely no longer have Kreider, Trouba, Goodrow, Kakko, Chytil, Lindgren and possibly panarin. They cant get rid of mika because the NMC

Lafreniere-Draisaitl-Perrault
Panarin-Mika-Boeser
Cuylle-Trocheck-Berard
Othmann-Rempe-Edstrom

Kandre-Fox
Shea Theodore-Schneider
Jones- Vet 6D

Igor
Garand

If this isn't an attempt to build like Florida, it's pretty bad job at it

Reactions: Voight

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
If this isn't an attempt to build like Florida, it's pretty bad job at it
If Im a fan of a team that tied up a ton of money long term in small tiny guys while also ignoring goalie, watching the playoffs would have me deeply concerned. Because what wins? Big heavy teams who can smother you and good goaltending. Luckily rangers have the ability to build that

• Haha
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Stay the course, and keep going. Rangers have the constant advantage that many hockey players still want to play in that market, and it not like they need a whole lot.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
You absolutely run it back with a little bit of tinkering. They will easily have the best looking roster in their division next year unless Carolina works a miracle in free agency. Only other team better than them in the east right now is Florida who will also have a busy offseason with their roster.

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad