Where do the Rangers go from here?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Forwards are good enough. Rangers defense stinks. Always hard to build a D on the fly, and I don’t know their cap flexibility, but that’s what’s broken.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Trouba, Mika and to an extent Panarin’s contracts are major anchors… can’t get anywhere with 3 deadweight players in the playoffs.
Panarin's contract is not an anchor. Absolutely ridiculous statement. He has two years left, just had an incredible career best season and went nearly PPG in the play offs.

If anything, the team is anchoring Panarin.

They’re too easy to shut down though.
That's a coaching issue

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I have to say, looking at the age of the Rangers, many of their best players are on the wrong side of 30....except for the Brilliant Goalie and Fox and Trouba and Lafs, there window is going to start closing rather sooner then later....I figure they should have another good kick at the can for the next couple of seasons anyway......

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Theyre a good team. None of their guys are 35+, Mika, Panarin, Trochek etc still have lots in their tank, guys like Laf and Fox are coming into their prime, Shesterkin is good.
It takes several cracks at it to win, they got more experience this year and im sure theyll be back and dangerous next year.
Small tweaks, and right back at it.
Yea this is my feelings. Sucks to come this far and not win but I hav no reason to think they’re going to get significantly worse. Fox being hobbled has been really downplayed but he’s 100% the worst skater to be hurt going into the playoffs and even with him at half speed they made a run. Regroup. Hope to god you end a season with the most important guys healthy and take another crack at it.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Probably in the minority but I’d make some big moves.
Their goalie played out of his mind and they couldn’t get it done. Need a top line player and at least a couple of top 4 D.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Panarin's contract is not an anchor. Absolutely ridiculous statement. He has two years left, just had an incredible career best season and went nearly PPG in the play offs.

That's a coaching issue
You’re in denial dude. It’s happened 3 straight years with 2 coaches.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
They simply rely too much on goaltending and the PP for sustained success.

They need a legitimate 1C, they need more D that can move the puck, and they need more players that drive play.

Poo-poo shot metrics all you like, within that xGF% number is all the little plays, the board battles won, the 50/50 puck races won, the smart defensive plays, that keep the puck on your teams stick 5v5.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
If they find a serviceable 1B center, move Z to wing and their forwards are fine. Trocheck already took the top spot. On D Fox and Miller should be able to make whoever into a decent top 4. The question is what to do with Trouba's contract.

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007

That's a coaching issue

No doubt he had an amazing regular season. But as he’s shown time and time again - when the checking gets tighter he’s nowhere to be found. Zero engagement in physical board play and 1 goal in the ECF (Zero the year prior in a first round exit). He cannot be trusted to be the focus point of the offense in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad