Where do the Rangers go from here?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Nowhere. I guess Igor could carry them to the finals one year, but they don't have much hope. I guess you can shoot for a better defense, and more center defense but they aren't hard to play against and don't have a skater that tilts the ice in their favor but a bunch of opportunistic guys.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Igor makes 5.5 million for 1 more season and mostly everyone is returning. You run it back.
Run it back and expect a different result? Their core guys make too much money and are either not good, or declining. Or in Panarin’s case, a non-factor in the playoffs.

They don’t have enough maneuverability to make the changes they need to make, nor any impact players to make a difference in the system.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Panarin's contract is not an anchor. Absolutely ridiculous statement. He has two years left, just had an incredible career best season and went nearly PPG in the play offs.

If anything, the team is anchoring Panarin.

That's a coaching issue
So yet another coach will certainly prevent another long scoring drought for Panarin. Maybe its time to accept that doing well vs the caps isnt the same as doing well vs actual contenders

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Run it back and expect a different result? Their core guys make too much money and are either not good, or declining. Or in Panarin’s case, a non-factor in the playoffs.

They don’t have enough maneuverability to make the changes they need to make, nor any impact players to make a difference in the system.
They've made it to the ECF 2 of the last 3 years and have one of the best goalies in the league locked in at an amazing rate. They don't have the maneuverability to make changes as you said. Unless they can dump Trouba (they can't) they'll resign Lindgren and Schneider and run it back.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Their fans will claim to have the best goaltending on the planet ignoring the goalie on the other team who just beat you.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
The hyperbole in these threads is way over the top. They were 1 series from the SCF. Not every team can win it all. Fla is a tough matchup for a lot of teams. #notarangersfan

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Trouba, Mika and to an extent Panarin’s contracts are major anchors… can’t get anywhere with 3 deadweight players in the playoffs.
Panarin had 5g 10a for 15 it's in 16 games. Only player to score in this elimination game. 4 game winning goals.

That's not dead weight.

Rangers could benefit from moving on from Zibenejad and Trouba. It's time to shake up the core. They've had numerous chances. I love Adam Fox, but he has been a major letdown in the playoffs compared to the other elite defense men like Makar or Heiskenen.

Reactions: Oak and ViD

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They haven’t had a true star 1C play for them. It’s usually a pretender or someone they overpaid and declines. For a team that never has problems finding a goalie, that’s one issue they can’t seem to fix.

It's somewhat ironic that they've essentially been gifted elite players like Fox & Panarin thanks to their location but haven't had the same luck when it comes to star centers. Richards and Lindros were past their primes and as big as that city is, there aren't any #1C's from there.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Move mountains to get rid of Trouba

Guy is a flat out terrible defenceman
High cap hit
Attrocious underlying numbers
Complete liability

Brutal combination
Not to mention a danger to himself and others and reviled by seemingly everyone else in the league.

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
If it were most other teams I'd say they're just fine. Run it back. But the Rangers have a pattern of being good but not good enough and staying that way for a long time. They can attract free agents, often aging stars, and paper over their problems. If you want to avoid a decade of being good not great... I don't know, definitely a better 1st line C and not relying on guys like Panarin in the playoffs. You don't want him as the money guy on your team.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Panarin had 5g 10a for 15 it's in 16 games. Only player to score in this elimination game. 4 game winning goals.

That's not dead weight.

Rangers could benefit from moving on from Zibenejad and Trouba. It's time to shake up the core. They've had numerous chances. I love Adam Fox, but he has been a major letdown in the playoffs compared to the other elite defense men like Makar or Heiskenen.
Chris Paul hitting a big 3 to cut the lead down to 42 vibes

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
every rangers fan who thought they had a #1 center saw what an actual #1 center looked like this series.

zibby panarin and trouba aren’t going to get any better. they probably aren’t going to magically turn into playoff performers again.

even if they face a should-be lottery team in the first round again next season, this team peaks at a conference finals loser if shesterkin can drag them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad