Where do the Rangers go from here?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Lavi had a horror show of a playoffs? Haha can you explain how? The rangers got to the ECF and losing the series 4-2 to what will be the cup champs in 6 one goal games, 3 OT games.

Lavi did a heckuva job

I literally said why in the previous post

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Lavi had a horror show of a playoffs? Haha can you explain how? The rangers got to the ECF and losing the series 4-2 to what will be the cup champs in 6 one goal games, 3 OT games.

Lavi did a heckuva job
Because instead of playing Rempe 5 minutes a night he should have been playing brodsinski 8 minutes, apparently.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Because instead of playing Rempe 5 minutes a night he should have been playing brodsinski 8 minutes, apparently.

11-7 with Zac Jones would've been miles better considering no one on the Rags blue line could break out v Florida's aggressive forecheck to help their forwards generate off the rush besides a one legged Fox but yeah sure "Jonny Brodzinski" was where I was going, lmao

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
11-7 with Zac Jones would've been miles better considering no one on the Rags blue line could break out v Florida's aggressive forecheck to help their forwards generate off the rush besides a one legged Fox but yeah sure "Jonny Brodzinski" was where I was going, lmao
If you watched that series and your conclusion was, 'Rangers could have won if only they dressed that 5'10, 175 lb. 7th dman with 0 playoff experience,' then I guess there isn't much more to say.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If you watched that series and your conclusion was, 'Rangers could have won if only they dressed that 5'10, 175 lb. 7th dman with 0 playoff experience,' then I guess there isn't much more to say.

Just ignore the fact the guy does something the Rangers backend wasn't doing that series as a collective whole, yep. Rempe's 3 mins of ice time every game totally stopped Florida from playing their hard nosed game like we were all told. :laugh::laugh: I never said Zac Jones was the savior but giving Florida a different look would've been fine. Lavi was tremendous in the regular season, no one's denying that. He bundled a few decisions in the playoffs, it's not the end of the world but you'd like to see better there if you're an NYR fan.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Can u tell me how often playoff teams roll 11 and 7?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Rangers are going to probably be one of the least changed teams going into next season.

Maybe they trade Kakko, maybe they sign a good player, the usual depth signing(s), but most of this team is either signed or under team control and they're fine on the salary cap front meaning no forced moves have to be mode.

And they won the President's Trophy.

Clearly the Likes of the Canes and Panthers are able to expose this team in terms of lack of sustained zone time and bad 5 on 5 analytics, but at the same time, on the scoreboard it's all close games, and you never even know who you're playing in the playoffs.

What they are now is what they've built. I don't think you can drastically change it. They're going to run it back with any tweaks they can make until the core doesn't have it anymore.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
There is no edict from god that says players do not continue developing in their mid 20's. Shesterkin may have come here already being a good goalie - but that doesn't mean Allaire didn't further develop various aspects of his game. The purpose of that post though wasn't to highlight that, but rather to point out the other posters double standards.

You: my team deserves credit for developing Igor because even though he spent several years on a pro league from Russia

Also you: we developed JT Miller and Buchnevich even though they both became noticeably better playing for other organizations.

Pick one

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You: my team deserves credit for developing Igor because even though he spent several years on a pro league from Russia

Also you: we developed JT Miller and Buchnevich even though they both became noticeably better playing for other organizations.

Pick one
I pick both.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The Rangers are easily the most fraudulent “cup contender” over the last three years. They are continuously mid as f*** 5v5 and rely heavily on their goaltender and special teams. This is not a recipe for sustained success. Making the conference finals by coasting over a quasi-AHL team in the first round and then having the good fortune of facing a crap goaltender the next is just about the peak of success you will get using this model. People keep pointing to the regular season, how far they made it in the playoffs, and how the games they lost were close…but it totally ignores the reality that incredible goaltending is the primary factor and what they’ve accomplished so far is basically the absolute peak of success for a team built like this. This is nothing new…every year people pretend like the rangers are going to be this unique team that will somehow defy history and win a cup while being incredibly average (sometimes below average) at even strength, and every year it ends with the same whimper. If they were in another any other non-O6 market people wouldn’t buy into this BS. Hell without Igor they would likely be a WC team.

How do they fix it? It would require obtaining skaters who are strong 5v5 play drivers to replace the ones that aren’t. How would they go about doing this? Well I don’t know…I’m skeptical a few tweaks to role players is enough.

This is what that franchise is though. They attract shiny object players who want to play there for the faux glitz and glamour but when it comes to real team building there’s no substance there, outside of the goaltending.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The Rangers are easily the most fraudulent “cup contender” over the last three years. They are continuously mid as f*** 5v5 and rely heavily on their goaltender and special teams. This is not a recipe for sustained success. Making the conference finals by coasting over a quasi-AHL team in the first round and then having the good fortune of facing a crap goaltender the next is just about the peak of success you will get using this model. People keep pointing to the regular season, how far they made it in the playoffs, and how the games they lost were close…but it totally ignores the reality that incredible goaltending is the primary factor and what they’ve accomplished so far is basically the absolute peak of success for a team built like this. This is nothing new…every year people pretend like the rangers are going to be this unique team that will somehow defy history and win a cup while being incredibly average (sometimes below average) at even strength, and every year it ends with the same whimper. If they were in another any other non-O6 market people wouldn’t buy into this BS. Hell without Igor they would likely be a WC team.

How do they fix it? It would require obtaining skaters who are strong 5v5 play drivers to replace the ones that aren’t. How would they go about doing this? Well I don’t know…I’m skeptical a few tweaks to role players is enough.

This is what that franchise is though. They attract shiny object players who want to play there for the faux glitz and glamour but when it comes to real team building there’s no substance there, outside of the goaltending.
This is a lot. The Rangers have been eliminated. Go enjoy the weather.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Versus the 11/6 you were running with Rempe?
Im gonna go out on a limb in saying a 4th line player playing 6 minutes vs 7 minutes doesnt make or break a series.

Odd how maurice didnt have a brutal series despite his 12th forward playing the following minutes

Game 6: Lorentz 6:16
Game 5: Lorentz 4:18
Game 4: Lorentz 6:58
Game 3: Lomberg 7:57
Game 2: Cousin 9:42
Game 1: Lomberg 7:51

Total TOI for 12th forward 43:09

NYR

Game 1: Cuylle: 7:45
Game 2: Rempe 10:06
Game 3: Rempe 4:02
Game 4: Rempe 6:17
Game 5: Rempe 2:43
Game 6: Brodzinski 8:13

39:06 total TOI for 12th forward

So yeah man, it all came down to the fact lavi played his 12th forward on average 58 seconds less per game than maurice. My b dawg

Reactions: Kupo

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Rangers have no choice in where they go next but down the same road because everyone gets complementary NMCs and NTCs with their overpaid, 10-year contracts.

Mika through 2030 at $8.5M with a NMC at 31 years old bites. Dude just isn't good enough for that.

Reactions: Nemec

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Whenever these threads are made about teams, unless it's a team, that really year after year, hits an early wall, sorry to use Ur team, but like Toronto, I don't get the rationale behind questioning the makeup of the team.

In cases like nyr, and I think I saw a thread w Carolina, the recent past, or their contending window, they're both seen as upper tier and rightfully so, based on how they finish reg season, and where they go in playoffs. Yes they didn't win, but 31 teams don't win every year.

There are so many variables and factors in play that define how things go. Matchups matter, some teams just play other teams better, have the right personnel to play said team. I've seen some posts about nyr top guns being reg season warriors, did y'all forget how clutch kreider etc were in earlier rounds? On top of that, it's still a war of attrition, never know what players play with. This coincides with luck. Puck luck, timely saves, timely goals, bounces, etc. Add in a factor of players or teams just initiating their best play at the right time on top of every other factor, like clb vs tbay few yrs back

Imo, nyr have a top tier team, regardless of whatever stats naysayers want to bring up saying it's a smokescreen. Yes your team could tweak some shit, the backend could use some minute crunchers that help make igors life easier, the top players could produce what they're expected. Every team have these issues and more.

Your team could be the most well rounded team for a window of 3-5 years and expected to win, but every year in that window you could just face the worst possible matchup along the way, that are playing out of their minds, and there's no accounting for that.

To answer the question of the thread, where do they go from here? I'd say from a coaching angle, analyzing systems that are kryptonite to theirs, and coming up with counters to it. For management, figuring out in a salary cap league, how to find and get players to fill the needs, hopefully shed ones they don't want,and for the players to look at game tape, focus on getting better at wtvr was expected of them. So in other words, do exactly what 31 teams do every year lol

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
:laugh::laugh::laugh:The Panthers just shut out the best 2 players on the planet tonight.

Instead of crediting FLA for beating the Rangers in numerous close games, you decided to completely ignore how f***ing good the Panthers were/are and essentially blame the Rangers for beating themselves. This is nonsense.

Open your eyes. Florida’s team is legit. They’re a war machine that would have likely beaten many previous cup winners the way they’re constructed.

Edit: LMAAOOO.. I didn’t realize you’re a Devils fan who’s 1/2 of your posts were about the Rangers 😂😂😂😂

Rent f***ing free.
Nowhere in my post did I say the panthers aren’t legit. They may well win the cup. That being said, lol at the idea that they are this unstoppable juggernaut that another legit cup contender wouldn’t have a chance against. Vegas dispatched them in five games just last year.

I wouldn’t be so inclined to post about the rangers if it wasn’t for the ridiculous overhype that such a mid franchise receives year in and year out. There’s also a contingent of folks on the devils board that are paranoid-obsessed with the idea of the rangers winning the cup, and join the overhype bandwagon constantly doomer posting about it - much of my posting about the rangers is in response to that. Those are the posters you could probably say have the rangers living rent free in their heads. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Outside of that sort of trend during the post-season or on gdt when the devils play them, you’re not going to find me going out of my way to talk about them. It’s a nice attempt by you though to ignore the actual substance of the post.

I stand by what I said - they have the best goalie in the world and some opportunistic skaters who can take advantage on special teams, while being average to below average at even strength which is the majority of the game. That’s not a recipe for being a legit cup contender. And being that you didn’t offer a response to the actual point made, I’m going to assume that deep down you don’t disagree.

Last edited:

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Lmao, the same issues popped under Lavi that did under Gallant v Florida. Lavi also had a horror show of a playoffs behind the bench because he decided to play your boy in your avatar for 4 mins instead of getting an actual skater who can make a difference. But keep using the same childish comeback since you have nothing else. You shat on the Devils core as if they didn't beat you the year prior. And the Devils got dummied? They lost 3 1 goal games prior to empty nets goals being scored :laugh::laugh: Enjoy your regular seasons since you can't do anything come playoffs
This is just sad. You need to get a life bud, it isn't that deep lol.

• Haha
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad