When will Bouchard be considered elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lmao if you knew anything about me you'd know that McDavid and Hyman are two of my favorite players in the league, you just get sensitive if I don't bow down and praise Draisaitl as some sort of god.

It's even worse because I was actually discussing Bouchard until one of your fans came in with a strawman about Draisaitl, which has spiraled this entire discussion.

I still cannot understand why and how you guys are this angry because I said he's a top 10 player with an opportunity to cement himself as a top 5 player these playoffs. You're actually angry and triggered at that and think it's some sort of attack on Draisaitl ?

And then you say leaf fans are the worst lmao
Matthews is a top 20 player. Most years.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
You really think Makar or Josi on the Sharks would be the player they are now? Hockey is a team sport.
Why does ever player get penalized for playing with McDavid? Doesn't Makar play with MacKinnon as well? Good players play with good players. Nobody ever states Makar is only good because he plays with MacK.
Didn't say they would be the player they are now. I said they would do better in that spot than Bouchard........ learn to read

Both those players generate more on their own. A few posters here have nailed that.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
You really think Bouchard does as well as Makar or Josi on the Sharks? Cmon now.

And you know there's no way to prove a hypothetical, but use some common sense and apply it.
Wait until you hear this!

We will never know! So a subjective argument with “do you really think” is about as useless as I can think

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Results in here seem to be inline with the Bouchard vs. Hughes poll. Loved by his fans but still lukewarm to the rest of the league. Next season could be the coming out party for Bouchard

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Firstly, okay, so you have your own narrow definition of elite that you need walls of text to outline, and according to that he can't be considered elite and that needs to be brought to the table in this discussion. Check.

Secondly, I'm not projecting, I'm making the argument that you make more than a full season sound like it's the equivalent of a month in terms of sustainability. That is merely opinion, not projection.

Thirdly, bringing in Hyman is disingenuous because he is a) older and much less likely to sustain his level of performance much longer compared to a player entering his prime years, and b) much narrower in terms of skillset and contribution. His goalscoring and net-front presence is indeed elite but I guess you're finding a way to discredit that too.
I didn't say any of those things. Have a nice day.

On what planet can you make this statement? In juniors his numbers were down right elite in production, in getting shots thru to the net and in breakout passing. You didn't watch jack sh** apparently cuz all his draft scouting reports contradict everything you just posted lolololol. More than enough video highlighted all these points also

You seriously came in here lying about watching him, or trying to pass your take with a half truth, or are just posturing to make yourself seem more educated than you are on this matter. Whatetever the scenario, totally busted dude

His junior #'s were off the charts. Your whole post is fabricated saying his #'s only came up this year. Be embarrassed by this take, cuz it's factually incorrect

His current stats are actually catching up to his junior metrics this year at the NHL level. It's called development
Jesus christ dude, I never said he wasn't elite in Junior. I said he hasn't been elite in the NHL. How much of a homer do you have to be to read something completely different than what I wrote? I'm a Knights fan, I've watched way more games of him in Junior than 99% of Oilers fans ever have. Go jerk off his to season stats some more, I never said any of the bullshit you're saying I did. I said he developed really well this season and was elite. f*** off.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Its only a hot take if you don't actually watch him play in addition to ignoring every stat/metric.
It's a hot take because Bouchard is so far above those two slendor boys who's only contribution to the game is secondary assists on the PP.

During the playoffs when the chips are down Bouchard is bombing Dallas in the semi finals while Makar is hurting himself golfing and Hughes cries himself to sleep while watching a Harry pottar documentary.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Results in here seem to be inline with the Bouchard vs. Hughes poll. Loved by his fans but still lukewarm to the rest of the league. Next season could be the coming out party for Bouchard
If he has a coming out party next year and raises his level further he could get paid in the 8-9 million range.

If he has another season like this one, you can expect 6-7mil for 8 year AAV.

• Haha
Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
There you go again, throwing around words like "fan base".

Did you consider you might have been a tad inflammatory to get a reaction out of several people? Or are you a completely innocent party in all of this that only wanted impartial hockey discussion by bringing up how a star player on the team being discussed in the thread is a bit overrated?
Imagine getting this triggered because Drai was called top 10, borderline top 5 in the league. Jeeeeeeeeeeez I'm out of this thread man :laugh: you guys are something else

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I still have trauma from watching him play in the memorial cup ,so it's hard for me to let that go. He was terrible defensively and made horrible decisions with the puck.

Yes I get it those days are long gone and he has grown as a player. It still lingers though. I will admit the points he has put up these playoffs are excellent and maybe we have another star in the making. I will pay more attention to him next year.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Which measure do you use to gauge how well a player defends? All the ones I use have Bouchard near the top of the league defensively, so clearly you have some information not available to the public?

He probably measures in OilersHate per 60.

I don’t think anyone would be seething over Bouchard, he’s your typical run of the mill offensive defenceman.

2nd best ppg in nhl playoffs history behind Orr

"Typical run of the mill offensive defenseman"

Yup. Makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad