When will Bouchard be considered elite?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
First game I watched the Oilers these playoffs I was impressed by this Bouchard, I thought he must be some TDL addition, good pickup by Oilers. Then I realized he is 24 and actually drafted by them. I was fooled by his elite last name, that totally sounds like a veteran offensive D-man. Don't ask me why, it just does.

I don't watch the west during reg. season because of time diff, but I've been watching Oilers previous playoffs and didn't remember Bouchard from those times, but he immediately caught my eye this post season.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Wait until you hear this!

We will never know! So a subjective argument with “do you really think” is about as useless as I can th
Hyman put up 50 with Mcdavid. That's an example of someones stats being elevated.

Hyman wouldn't put up 50 in Arizona. Of course we will never know for sure, but we could still use logic in this subjective argument.

Even Hyman in Colorado wouldn't put up 50. Again we wouldn't know for sure, but I'd still bet my house and rest easy at night.

Bouchard 100 percent would be worse on Arizona than Makar or Josi would. It's obvious to most people. I don't know why you have to pump him up so much.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I still have trauma from watching him play in the memorial cup ,so it's hard for me to let that go. He was terrible defensively and made horrible decisions with the puck.

Yes I get it those days are long gone and he has grown as a player. It still lingers though. I will admit the points he has put up these playoffs are excellent and maybe we have another star in the making. I will pay more attention to him next year.

Was that the year he won Dman of the year in the OHL?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hyman put up 50 with Mcdavid. That's an example of someones stats being elevated.

Hyman wouldn't put up 50 in Arizona. Of course we will never know for sure, but we could still use logic in this subjective argument.

Even Hyman in Colorado wouldn't put up 50. Again we wouldn't know for sure, but I'd still bet my house and rest easy at night.

Bouchard 100 percent would be worse on Arizona than Makar or Josi would. It's obvious to most people. I don't know why you have to pump him up so much.
How would Makar do in Evan's spot in Edmonton?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Just for the record, HFBoards isn't sending its best or brightest into this topic. I don't think 98 percent of them will understand what you just said.
But just for the record, you're both aware that both of those things can be true at the same time? Not saying it's my stance, I honestly don't watch Oilers or Bouchard enough to have any informed opinion on his defensive play. But if someone often gets offensive zone starts, plays with a very good partner, and often gets to play with the teams top forwards, it stands to reason the puck would be in his defensive end less often. Again, not saying this is true of Bouchard.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

You still on about this Makar and different teams shtick.

I ask again since you never answered. What does it prove?

We're discussing whether Bouchard is elite. He can be behind Makar and Josi and still be elite, but that's a different thread.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon

Incredible. Tell me how it’s obvious. What specific metrics and signs would show you those things?

Bouchard is on an upwards trajectory. He is making McDavid look better at this point in time. Bouchard has more goals than McD.

Makar is just fast so there is a bias. Bouchard is getting it done.

• Haha
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
He'll be elite when he doesn't have multiple lapses in defensive coverage a game. These first 2 goals against tonight, not really competing for the puck to say the least.

At least Tanev is skating hard to get to Henrique in front of the net before he scores, Bouchard is waiting for the puck to come to him in the corner on the 1st goal against.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
He'll be elite when he doesn't have multiple lapses in defensive coverage a game. These first 2 goals against tonight, not really competing for the puck to say the least.

At least Tanev is skating hard to get to Henrique in front of the net before he scores, Bouchard is waiting for the puck to come to him in the corner on the 1st goal against.
He’s good at giving the puck to McDrai and using the space they generate and get the puck back to him.

In his own end he barely puts in any effort.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
nTRtVv3.png

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
You still on about this Makar and different teams shtick.

I ask again since you never answered. What does it prove?

We're discussing whether Bouchard is elite. He can be behind Makar and Josi and still be elite, but that's a different thread.
Maybe we have different definitions of elite

elite
for me is

Hedman
Josi
Makar
Mcdavid
Drai
Matthews
Eichel
MacKinnon
Mcavoy