When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Blues? Vegas?
You’re seriously telling me that ROR (Selke winner, 31st in scoring in his Cup year), Eichel (10th place scoring finish in his last full year in BUF), and Stone (11th place scoring finish and Selke finalist 2 years before Cup) are equal to or worse than Raymond/Larkin, neither of whom have ever finished as high in scoring as even ROR in his Selke year?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
You’re seriously telling me that ROR (Selke winner, 31st in scoring in his Cup year), Eichel (10th place scoring finish in his last full year in BUF), and Stone (11th place scoring finish and Selke finalist 2 years before Cup) are equal to or worse than Raymond/Larkin, neither of whom have ever finished as high in scoring as even ROR in his Selke year?
I believe Larkin is equal to ROR and Eichel in his cup form yes. He's been a PPG center for three seasons now.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I believe Larkin is equal to ROR and Eichel in his cup form yes. He's been a PPG center for three seasons now.
Ryan O'Reilly had a career high 77 points in 82 games when he was 27...in what world has Larkin ever come close to that??
Oh wait, that's right, here in the real world Larkin has had 69 in 71, 79 in 80 and 69 in 68 the past 3 season as a 25, 26, and 27 year old. Meanwhile, the "superstar" Jack Eichel had a career high 82 points in 77 games 6 years ago. Now granted, Eichel is doing well to start this season, but just because he was drafted #2 overall, doesnt make him this elite tier player compared to Larkin.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
seeing people bring up the same 1-2 teams that arguably won without elite talent over and over again in this thread is honestly so tiresome

personally even if for the sake of argument you assume the Wings have comparable players like people keep insisting i'd actually like a higher bar than "these 2 examples in the past couple decades prove that it's not literally impossible for my team to win!"

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
seeing people bring up the same 1-2 teams that arguably won without elite talent over and over again in this thread is honestly so tiresome

personally even if for the sake of argument you assume the Wings have comparable players like people keep insisting i'd actually like a higher bar than "these 2 examples in the past couple decades prove that it's not literally impossible for my team to win!"
It's not the model I would follow, I answered a question is all. We don't know what we have yet.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It's not the model I would follow, I answered a question is all. We don't know what we have yet.

to be clear it's more of a general comment than anything directed at you specifically

it just feels like every time I open this thread I see people talking about Vegas or St. Louis dozens of times dating back to the beginning of this thread

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Ryan O'Reilly had a career high 77 points in 82 games when he was 27...in what world has Larkin ever come close to that??
Oh wait, that's right, here in the real world Larkin has had 69 in 71, 79 in 80 and 69 in 68 the past 3 season as a 25, 26, and 27 year old. Meanwhile, the "superstar" Jack Eichel had a career high 82 points in 77 games 6 years ago. Now granted, Eichel is doing well to start this season, but just because he was drafted #2 overall, doesnt make him this elite tier player compared to Larkin.
Take a look at the league scoring rates in the years they did that. Eichel (and Stone)‘s scoring placements were not comparable at all to Larkin’s. ROR’s we’re, but he won a Selke.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
He was the most obnoxious Sens fan on here.

Is he banned or suspended? And what did he do?

Not sure as I wasn't around.

But he was bounced after mocking the Lions Aiden Hutchinson breaking his leg versus the Cowboys yesterday. Several posts, I might add.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

What else are you supposed to do without lottery picks falling in your lap? Just wish them into existence?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad