When does the Yzerplan start getting criticized?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Are you embarrassed by having a multi-time 40 goal scorer who is still in his prime and younger than Larkin listed as part of the core?

I'm a Hawks fan and would take AD back in a second. He has limitations, but IMO he can be a positive on a contending team.
I'm saying he's not viewed as a core piece. There's nothing wrong with him but the plan isn't to build around Debrincat as our main forward piece.

Fair enough on Raymond being a gamebreaker, he's an excellent player. I also said you need a MacKinnon, Barkov or even an Eichel, and you won't convince anybody that you have one of those guys in your system which is more of what I was getting at.
Larkin has outscored Eichel the last two seasons. I always find it a bit strange that Eichel gets put in the Mackinnon tier while Larkin is viewed tier(s?) below. Either way Detroit's obviously not gotten the fortune of lottery wins so they are building in a different way. It's fine to be skeptical about the potential, but not sure why it almost seems to trigger people that Detroit fans have some mild optimism still.

No matter how you build it from that roster it’s extremely average

Lacks the high end F talent
They were top 10 in scoring last season without high end F talent. Imagine if just one prospect hits a little higher than you think? Just one.

Reactions: TKB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm saying he's not viewed as a core piece. There's nothing wrong with him but the plan isn't to build around Debrincat as our main forward piece.

Larkin has outscored Eichel the last two seasons. I always find it a bit strange that Eichel gets put in the Mackinnon tier while Larkin is viewed tier(s?) below. Either way Detroit's obviously not gotten the fortune of lottery wins so they are building in a different way. It's fine to be skeptical about the potential, but not sure why it almost seems to trigger people that Detroit fans have some mild optimism still.

They were top 10 in scoring last season without high end F talent. Imagine if just one prospect hits a little higher than you think? Just one.

They were shooting at a level they can’t sustain

& I was talking about core

Like with Florida, Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Toronto Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc

Detroit doesn’t have a single superstar forward& you need those to win a Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad