Speculation: When Does Bruno Get The Boot?

When does Trotz pull the plug on Brunette?

• Total voters

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
You don't play a game like you did against Boston and then come back with an effort like this. This is bad hockey except for two exceptional plays by Fil and Gus.

I am so tired of hearing the team has to gel and learn the system. This only applies to three guys. Everyone else on the team knows the system and the assignments. It's inexcusable. Does it fall on the players or the coach when a team looks like this?

I will scream this until I die, I hate coaches who have a double standard for vets versus younger players. Smith has now taken an offensive zone penalty in three straight games. Will he get benched? Will he play next game? He won't get benched and we'll see him tomorrow night. It's BS and an old-school coaching mentality that is short-sighted and from the dark ages. If anything, the vets should know better and be held to a higher standard. If Smith were chipping in 40 points a year, he might get a pass from me but he's a waste of a roster spot. Same thing for McCarron. Stop playing these guys and you might ice a more talented team that can play the offensive system you want to play.

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
He will survive the season and start the next season, even if we miss the playoffs. But if we miss the playoffs, and have a losing record after 10 or 20 games of the next season, then Bruno will be gone.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Did anyone else catch the bench interview with Bruno? His response was something to the effect that the players were "freezing up" (overthinking things) and just needed to play.

Which struck me as odd. He's the coach. If the players are confused and overthinking everything, it's literally his job to fix that.

Reactions: Armourboy

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Did anyone else catch the bench interview with Bruno? His response was something to the effect that the players were "freezing up" (overthinking things) and just needed to play.

Which struck me as odd. He's the coach. If the players are confused and overthinking everything, it's literally his job to fix that.
If they are doing that its because he's got so many instructions running through their heads that they can't just play. The problem isn't the players, its the coaches.

Reactions: hockey diva

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
If they are doing that its because he's got so many instructions running through their heads that they can't just play. The problem isn't the players, its the coaches.
Well, it could be both. The roster has its flaws too. But I don't think the coaches are doing them any real favors, particularly with some of the odd dress/scratch/ice time decisions.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well, it could be both. The roster has its flaws too. But I don't think the coaches are doing them any real favors, particularly with some of the odd dress/scratch/ice time decisions.
If its a player or two I can see blaming the players, if its something happening across the board that is completely on the coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad