What's one thing that would make you completely quit your team and never come back?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nothing. I have been a Bruins fan since I was a kid and am 71. I have had ST for over 20 years.

When I first got my ST (2002-2003) they were pretty bad. They have been in it for a number of years and are fun to watch!

#1 on my bucket list is to see them win the cup on Boston ice with me there. I went to all of the home games in 2011 but they won in Vancouver. I saw Chicago and ST Louis win on Boston ice.

The Bs had better hurry as I am not getting any younger.

Last edited:

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
If Savoie tears it up, Edmonton wins a cup and Buffalo fails to make the playoffs again, I might have to finally find another team.

Reactions: VaporTrail

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
For me to quit the Sens I imagine it would have to get to the point where they made horrible trades, poor coaching choices OH wait.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
That I stuck with the Leafs after they lost game 7 to Montreal means that I'll be around forever. That is the worst game I've ever seen a professional team play, and everyone knew it was coming. At the second intermission I turned the game off, packed up all of my random Leafs shit, the pillows, extra jerseys, beer glasses, teddy bears, and other random crap, put it in a drawer of my bed that is blocked by the bedside table, and then went for a walk with my wife.

I am now a cynical and self-depreciating fan. The Cyrano de Bergerac of hockey fandom, if you will. With Marner still on the roster for next year and no other changes on the horizon (the coach really is not an impressive change), and the league being a Ponzi-scheme supported by gambling ads, I won't be purchasing a streaming package for the first time. I'm sure I'll watch HNIC and some Leafs games when they're on cable here in Ottawa, but I just don't give a shit about this version of the team any more.

I'll still be a Leafs fan and an avid poster on hockey forums, the interest in watching games will come back when the team is interesting to watch again.

• Love
Reactions: Suntouchable13

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Whether it be a player they draft/sign/trade for, a staff member they hire, etc. What's one thing that if your team did, would make you quit on them and never come back?

For me if I find my team protecting confirmed abusers, I would be anti-them asap. Which is honestly why I'm glad the Sens at least cut contact with Formenton well before the investigation for the 2018 Hockey Canada abusers.
You are stuck with the team you were born into. I quit on the Canucks in 2015 after the new Oilers draft rule kicked in and the Canucks fell to 5th and drafted Joulevi.

But after a couple years , I noticed a void in my life on some evenings. It was hockey. Not following hockey.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I was completely disgusted by Blackhawk fans in 2015 over the Patrick Kane rape allegations. Obviously and thankfully, they turned out false but all the questioning and excuse-making before any information was known was awful. Add in the defense about the logo and the horrific excuse-making and victim-blaming by some Blackhawk fans concerning the Kyle Beach situation and I definitely do not want to be considered a Blackhawk fan and part of the fanbase. Since I've started focusing on the entire league, I've enjoyed the NHL much more and always have interesting teams to focus on and follow.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That I stuck with the Leafs after they lost game 7 to Montreal means that I'll be around forever. That is the worst game I've ever seen a professional team play, and everyone knew it was coming. At the second intermission I turned the game off, packed up all of my random Leafs shit, the pillows, extra jerseys, beer glasses, teddy bears, and other random crap, put it in a drawer of my bed that is blocked by the bedside table, and then went for a walk with my wife.

I am now a cynical and self-depreciating fan. The Cyrano de Bergerac of hockey fandom, if you will. With Marner still on the roster for next year and no other changes on the horizon (the coach really is not an impressive change), and the league being a Ponzi-scheme supported by gambling ads, I won't be purchasing a streaming package for the first time. I'm sure I'll watch HNIC and some Leafs games when they're on cable here in Ottawa, but I just don't give a shit about this version of the team any more.

I'll still be a Leafs fan and an avid poster on hockey forums, the interest in watching games will come back when the team is interesting to watch again.
Sounds similar to me except I was still blindly believing after Montreal. The final straw for me is that Marner is clearly coming back next season, and honestly probably gets an extension. It made me take a hard look at this entire org and came to the conclusion that they dont actually care about winning, just making as much money as possible. Not to mention the team is owned by the two companies that I absolutely despise and do everything possible in my power to never give them a penny. They will never win shit with corporate ownership. They dont care about winning, they care about just making money. They are way to risk adverse, and you need to take risks to win. They just baby their players and treat them like kings despite them never accomplishing shit. This happened with the old leafs core (Muskoka 5) and it happened again with this new group. Shit is just doomed.

Not to mention I don't even think theres a single player on this current roster that I really like. They all irk me. Bring me back to the Grabo days. At least those dudes played with heart and soul every night.

Dunno if I could ever get super invested in another team though...

At least I have a dynasty league that I've been a part of for the past decade+. I'm able to focus on the players I have and like during the season, and check out games that theyre playing in. I care more about my made up fantasy team than I do the team I grew up cheering for.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
if they treated lindros like he was a weakling and bullied him into playing after concussions before he should have.

haven't looked back since, and happy to be a stars fan.

Ben Grimm

Takin care of business! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If they hired a head coach with no coaching experience. If you think it could never happen in major league sports, the Lakers just did it.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
When the Hawks traded Panarin I stopped following the Hawks and the entire league. Kept that boycott going for 7 years.

Made a secret deal with the Hawks a couple years ago that the only way I would come back is if they got me Bedard. They apparently listened and I haven't missed a game since.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
When the Hawks traded Panarin I stopped following the Hawks and the entire league. Kept that boycott going for 7 years.

Made a secret deal with the Hawks a couple years ago that the only way I would come back is if they got me Bedard. They apparently listened and I haven't missed a game since.
Boy do I have some news for you concerning your club......

• Haha
Reactions: shakes the clown

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
If they relocated or if they had a maple leaf as logo
uh...

1720552612068.png

1720552683989.png

or was that the joke?

Ad

Upcoming events