What's one thing that would make you completely quit your team and never come back?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
CkSsw60.gif

Reactions: GOilers88

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I can't really think of anything. I've come this far.

Perhaps if my home province got an NHL team (will never happen). I've never been to Toronto to see a Maple Leafs game in person, despite having been a fan my entire life. So no real attachment to the city, as such, although I hope to make it there soon.

Conversely, this is also why I wouldn't stop rooting for the team if they were relocated (which also would never happen).
I mean, Ontario has the Senators and Buffalo is close enough to walk to from Ontario so that does count technically. Would you rather wear blue/yellow or black/gold/red?

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I mean, Ontario has the Senators and Buffalo is close enough to walk to from Ontario so that does count technically. Would you rather wear blue/yellow or black/gold/red?

I don't live in Ontario, so I'd probably go off the board entirely if the Leafs blinked into nonexistence! Maybe the green/black/gold of the Stars. Or maybe I'd root for fellow island folk...

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Had Edmonton completed the comeback, I'm pretty sure I would've greatly diminished my hockey watching and visits to HF. Instead, I've rewatched game 7 nine times, always after the wife goes to bed, she can only handle so much hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: Mogo

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I used to say never. But I've never felt more disrespected than the Leafs and some fellow fans/market have made me feel over the past 5-6 years. I can't support people that have contempt and hatred for me. This coinciding with the way the game and coverage has devolved over the years, I'm almost done with the NHL altogether.
I feel the same way in here lately. Being a Leafs fan from Edmonton in GDT threads whenever I read bullshit like "Deadmonton" from the idiots who have never even been to Edmonton. I thought Leaf Nation was everywhere, Apparently its just Toronto and area and then I think "no wonder people think we're obnoxious"

I sometimes question if they even watch the Leafs games on tv when they're playing in Edmonton and seeing the thousands of Leafs fans in the building.
I piss my friends off here when I call Rogers Place Matthews Place. Its disappointing as there are some good, friendly posters in there. Oh well.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I feel the same way in here lately. Being a Leafs fan from Edmonton in GDT threads whenever I read bullshit like "Deadmonton" from the idiots who have never even been to Edmonton. I thought Leaf Nation was everywhere, Apparently its just Toronto and area and then I think "no wonder people think we're obnoxious"

I sometimes question if they even watch the Leafs games on tv when they're playing in Edmonton and seeing the thousands of Leafs fans in the building.
I piss my friends off here when I call Rogers Place Matthews Place. Its disappointing as there are some good, friendly posters in there. Oh well.

I see similar from Edmonton fans towards Winnipeg, and Winnipeg towards Sask when it comes to the CFL. People like to punch down.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I don't live in Ontario, so I'd probably go off the board entirely if the Leafs blinked into nonexistence! Maybe the green/black/gold of the Stars. Or maybe I'd root for fellow island folk...
We would just have to move to the next disappointing original 6 franchise if the Leafs blinked into existence. I vote for the one that’s won once since WW2.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Trading Matthews while he wants to be here would do. Even then I wouldn't suddenly be a fan of another team. And next gm would get me back. Too old to change teams.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
As an Oiler fan, they've really been pushing some absolutely deplorable people into our organization (not Perry Kassian or Kane). They're Dickheads, but they're not abbhorent.

But Virtanen, Bob Nicholson, and Stan Bowman are absolutely abhorrent pieces of shit.

Won't give up my Fandom. I can comparamentalize. But f*** those shitheads.

I'll likely stop watching for a while if McDavid/Draisaitl leave. I can't stomach another Decade of Darkness.
Wow, my condolences to you on today’s hire.

To Oil fans’ credit, by and large they are condemning this hire along w the rest of us.

It’s up to media and fans in that city to put the screws to Bowman and the organization over this as much as possible. Make the pressure and scrutiny unbearable. For me, that includes McD. He should be asked about this regularly by the media.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What the poster above me said.

Wow, my condolences to you on today’s hire.

To Oil fans’ credit, by and large they are condemning this hire along w the rest of us.

It’s up to media and fans in that city to put the screws to Bowman and the organization over this as much as possible. Make the pressure and scrutiny unbearable. For me, that includes McD. He should be asked about this regularly by the media.

You'll see a bunch of toxic losers in the Oil forums attacking those who won't support the team for this move too though unfortunately. People showing true colours or something.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm not attached to Canadian teams. Maybe I'll just spin a wheel and tie my sporting identity to wherever that lands!

I'm in this boat also. Maybe an option is Utah? Can be support a team in their game 1 with a new City/owner and fresh start for a lot of players who really deserved it after what they went thru in Arizona.

There's nothing that would stop me being an Oilers fan. Oilers 4 life.

I'm pissed by the hire. Maybe sit back till he's fired. I don't know. I felt the same as you but my reaction to todays news is genuine and I'm still surprised this is the route they chose. I mean Bowman isn't even a great hire without the scandal behind him.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
What the poster above me said.

You'll see a bunch of toxic losers in the Oil forums attacking those who won't support the team for this move too though unfortunately. People showing true colours or something.
Every fanbase has some of those unhinged fans unfortunately. The vast majority of Oil fans are showing their class right now, kudos

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad