Value of: What's a Realistic Pettersson trade even look like?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
He's one of the worst face-off guys in the league. Maybe they should move him to the left wing to try and spark his offensive game or deal him at the draft.

Reactions: Dbossman

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think a team serious about acquiring him would want to get a real feel for what's behind the struggles of this year (so far) and last. Is it covid anxiety? Is it unhappiness with the organization? Just a funk? There's enough of a pattern that I can't see the offers of today being what they would have been two years ago.

I'd really be shocked if Vancouver put him in the market though, unless they really wanted to be rid of him. He's only 23 and has shown a lot.
I, and probably most of the people on this thread, are assuming that EP is an elite player who is having down year due to issues with the previous management, coach, and possibly teammates. We also assumed that a change in coaching/usage/management would change his outlook, and result in him returning to his elite(or near elite) form. It's still early, but the longer he goes w/o producing under the new regime(s), the more his game will be questioned. Is he nursing an injury? Does he have a problem with his teammates. An undisclosed issue, a la PLD, with the team in general?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
HE ISNT MACKINNON. Petey doesnt have the physical toolbelt Mackinnon has I dont see how anyone looks at those two players and say they are a comp at all.

Great, I never said they were the same player did I? Just that their development could be the same, as in Mack hit a snag, perhaps Pettey is too, again DEVELOPMENT ISN'T LINEAR,

Do you understand?

Pettersson has shown the ability to play in the NHL and put up points, given that he still young and you know still developing he could be on the same that path that Mack was on and he more than likely will find his game again. People like you don't seem to understand this at all.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Ideally something like
Barzal for Petey
Dahlin for Petey
Hischer + for Petey
Schnieder, Kakko, + for Petey
ETC
Basically a swap of young players who may need a change of scenery

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
CBJ 2022 1st (or Chicago 2022 1st)
CBJ 2023 2nd
Roslovic
Chinakhov, Voronkov or Marchenko

Futures package, not sure if it helps

This isnt too bad but we will need someone like Peeke, Gavrikov or Boquist coming back

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
CBJ 2022 1st (or Chicago 2022 1st)
CBJ 2023 2nd
Roslovic
Chinakhov, Voronkov or Marchenko

Futures package, not sure if it helps

Counter offer would be same picks, Sillinger (top prospect C) and either Gavrikov or Bean. We don't need wingers.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Montreal's 1st for EP would be interesting. It's hard to decide as EP has looked so good in the past but looks horrible this year.

Possibly in the off-season, once there's a more stable idea for the range for the draft selection (like 95% chance it will be between XOA and YOA). I would still prefer a young D coming back though.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Montreal's 1st for EP would be interesting. It's hard to decide as EP has looked so good in the past but looks horrible this year.
Montreal can’t trade their first until after the season ends. They’re better off keeping it than moving it for a player thst Makes $7.5m. They’re already going to be tight to the cap and will need a great young player on an entry level deal more than Pettersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad