OT: Whatcha Eatin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastmasterbone

Mar 14, 2013
mebbin
15621790_10103883709227489_7944921295192041208_n.jpg

Vegetarian Bi Bim Bop.

That's a damn good-lookin' Bop. My brother told me on the phone how to make this, and mine looked like someone popped a balloon animal and laid its rubbery carcass over rice.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Along with the recipe.

Tagliatelle al ragù are quite easy to prepare (but it can be difficult). I am not very sure to explain well the recipe in English, so I write the ingredients and place a video that I hope will help.

Ps: I do not say anything about the type of pasta because in theory the tradition wants it to be done by hand (hand made) and believe me that's a thing i leave to my mother...just to say.

– 2 costole di sedano (2 celery ribs)
– 1 cipolla (1 onion)
– 1 carota (1 carrot)
– 1 ciuffo di prezzemolo (a sprig of parsley)
– 1 bottiglia di pomodoro passato (a bottle of tomato sauce)
– 300 gr di carne macinata mista (300gr minced meat: veal and pork)
– vino bianco (white wine)
– basilico per guarnire (basil to garnish)
– parmigiano grattugiato (grated parmesan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTiX4PDUREg&feature=youtu.be

Hope it helps, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
That's a damn good-lookin' Bop. My brother told me on the phone how to make this, and mine looked like someone popped a balloon animal and laid its rubbery carcass over rice.

Thanks! I overdid my egg a little - the yolk was fairly solid. My wife's came out just right though and she loved it. Then again she's also a fan of a fried egg on her burgers, so take that as you will.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
the best reuben i've ever had was at a place in new albany, ohio called cataland kuzina

random, but there ya go

Belgian Village Inn, Moline Illinois.

th

That's a full-sized dinner plate, see pickle slices for scale. That sandwich is like a rite of passage for males in my in-law's family. If you want to come out with the men drinking day after Thanksgiving, you have to eat the whole thing.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Belgian Village Inn, Moline Illinois.

th

That's a full-sized dinner plate, see pickle slices for scale. That sandwich is like a rite of passage for males in my in-law's family. If you want to come out with the men drinking day after Thanksgiving, you have to eat the whole thing.

I feel like I could become a man in your in-laws family.

That looks delicious.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I think her absolute favorite is OnlyBurger's Fried Green Tomato Burger which sports fried green tomatoes (of course), pimento cheese, and a fried egg.

Oh my, that sounds delicious. My first ever fried green tomato was on a fried green tomato blt from a place called Tubby's in Savannah. Hard to forget your first.

Reactions: Unsustainable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad